- Text Size +
CHAPTER 12
“Okay, I see your bodyguard has come back.” I opened my eyes and glanced at Rick, noticing the look that crossed his face and cringed. Okay, I was scared and yeah, what I did was stupid, but damn it, can you blame me, sheesh!
“What are you doing?” I glanced towards D and let the tears flow. “What the hell is up with you?” I sniffled, wiped my cheeks and glared at him.
“Why the hell do you care?”
“I walked her to her room.” I walked away from him and over to the railing, watching the dark waves.
“I have no clue why you’re telling me all this.”
“Because you care.”
“What in the world made you think that I cared?” He walked up beside me and rested his arms along the railing.
“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe it was the all out way you tried to make me jealous, maybe it was the way you were shooting knives at the girl…”
“The hoe.”
“Fine, at the hoe I was dancing with.”
“Doesn’t mean anything you know?” His hand cupped my chin and turned my face to gaze into those so amazing eyes. Damn it, there I went, all over again.
“It means a lot. And if I was being honest with myself, or with you, I wasn’t the happiest person when I saw you dancing with that jackass.”
“He wasn’t…” I stopped as I saw Howie raise that eyebrow in silent question. “Fine, maybe he was, but in all honesty, it was my fault. I lead him on.”
“Granted you did, but if a woman says no, she means no. Why do it?” I walked out of that grasp and away from him, sitting down on the bench. I smoothed my hands down my skirt, trying to get just a few more inches, but that wasn’t happening. Yeah, forgot, mini skirt! He smiled and handed me his jacket. I grabbed it and wrapped it around my legs. “I’m waiting you know.”
“I know. I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to put this.”
“Oh, than it must be good indeed.”
“Howie, can you for once not be a butt head?” He laughed but covered his mouth with his hand.
“Sorry, please do go on.”
“What you said earlier hurt a lot Howie. I know we’re friends, and maybe I like you a little more than a fling, but to know that’s what this was to you, just, well, hurt. You’re the second guy I slept with and you made me feel like a world class whore.” He sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
“I never meant for you to feel like that. I suppose I said what I said because, well, because I feel more than just a fling too. I care for you Theresa, and like you a lot too. And it really caught me off guard when I realized that my pure selfishness was putting you in harms way.”
“It wasn’t just your selfishness. I could have said no.”
“I’m not all too sure I would have been much better than Rick in the whole listening department. You drive me crazy and really, all I want to do when I see you is strip you naked and have my way with you, damn the people who see or watch. In fact, take notes!” I smiled at him, and wondered, not for the first time, how he captured my heart. It more than hurt when those words were uttered earlier, it damn near killed me. But, I wouldn’t have anyone to blame but myself. And granted, Howie claimed he liked me, but that was like, that was not love. And if there is anything I knew for sure right now, Howie was not looking for a serious relationship. So, where did that leave us? Nothing more than a fling and I knew it going into it! His other hand cupped my cheek, softly caressing it.
“Howie…”
“Hush.” With that his lips pressed against mine, causing all thoughts to float far away. I moaned against his lips, feeling his chuckle from deep within. Talk about turning someone on! Dang, I wasn’t aware of that trick. His hands slide along my back, caressing the exposed flesh. Wait, my shirt was not backless, how the hell, and it hit, his hands somehow managed to slide themselves up underneath it. His lips trailed down my neck, nibbling along his way. I threw my head back, allowing him to caress my most sensitive spot, to bite, to suck, to never let go, to…not again! He pulled away slightly, smirked at me and I shook my head, before I realized his hands were traveling up my skirt. Now, where did the jacket go? Talk about a fast mover! “I want you.” I felt his breath against a nipple and shivered. Forget the room, forget the elevator, he was turning me on like never before and I so knew that the only way I was heading back to my room in one piece was if I had him now, here, in the open and in the public view. Everything had been leading up to this, there was no mistaken that.
“I want you too,” I managed to breath out. His teeth nipped at the sensitive bud and I could feel myself tighten. Oh crap, any more foreplay and I could be done. I quickly tugged at his shirt and he pulled it off, exposing that golden chest. I smirked, winked at him, and heard his intake of breath right before I caught his nipple between my teeth. I tugged gently, heard his hiss and had to smile. Ah, turn around was such fair play. He shivered as I flicked my tongue across it, and moaned as I kissed down his stomach. His hands caught my upper arms and hauled me against his chest.
“Oh, no you don’t missy. I have a much better spot for you.” His hands held onto my waist as I straddled him. “I certainly like this.” He yanked my shirt up, exposing my chest once more to the cold air. I leaned down to kiss him, but a movement from the corner of my eye stopped me. I pulled back, stunned, forgetting that I was half naked.
“Howie, you told me you would be here.” I glanced down at Howie, shocked. He wanted us to be caught? He wanted to have a witness? And everything he said came rushing back to me. I didn’t think he honestly meant it, but hell, this was certainly proof indeed. “Theresa, you’re, um…” John trailed off and I realized that I was naked, although, not soon enough as I saw the other two girls come out onto the deck.
“Told you she was a hoe.”
“Yes you did Darlene. What a slut!” I grabbed my shirt, yanked it on and quickly got off of Howie. Inside, I wanted to cry. These next few days would be a living hell on this ship!
“Wait, Theresa…”
“Shut up. Don’t say anything to me! I can’t believe you D!”
“It’s not what you think!”
“Oh hell yes it is. You wanted the one thing that turned you on the most! You used me, those lines...” I started to shake and walked away from him, glancing between him, John, and the two girls, who currently looked like the cat that got the bird. I ran past them, never once letting the tears flow until I got past the doors and into the safety of my own room.

~*~ Let's make a movie baby/ Can we get away with it (Your so nasty)/ All lights on I like it when we do it to this song (Talk To Me) ~*~