- Text Size +
CHAPTER 15
I walked into his house, feeling so exposed. When I was done with my shower I had walked into my bedroom and found an outfit on my bed. I had to stare at it because I could not believe that she would do that to me. But, it put aside all doubts, for I knew now that she was up to something. Once more, I ran my fingers down my unbelievably black short skirt and my other hand covered up the purple tank top that wanted to spill my breasts. Where I had gotten this outfit, I’m not sure. In fact, I could pretty much bet these were Amber’s clothes.
“Stop, you look fine.”
“I saw Howie’s car already.”
“You knew he was gonna be here.” I stopped in my tracks as I stared at the man across the yard, with some bimbo on his arm.
“But not with someone else.”
“Theresa, it means nothing.” I glanced at her, and quickly glanced to the door, figuring if I started running, she wouldn’t stop me and no one would see me.
“Theresa!” I cringed as AJ saw me and yelled across the lawn, causing all eyes to turn to Amber and I. I quickly scanned the crowd, seeing a pair of brown eyes that held shock written in their depths.
“Alex,” I said as I walked over to give him a hug. “Thanks for inviting me.”
“Pleasure was all mine to see the look in his eyes.”
“You knew?”
“Duh! Why do you think I made Amber get you?” I glanced from her to him and shook my head.
“I hang out with deviant people. Why me?” They both shared a laugh at my expense.
“Didn’t think I would see you.” I bit my lip and turned around, smiling at Howie.
“I still have to come pick up my paycheck.”
“It was wrong to leave Amber.”
“It was wrong of you to pull that stupid ass stunt that you did, but you don’t see my complaining, now do you? It happened, let’s just let it go, hmm?”
“Will I ever get your trust back?”
“Mmm, doubtful.”
“Than that’s not letting it go.”
“I would love to stay and argue with you some more Dorough, but you’re pushing the wrong buttons right now!” With that, I turned on my heel, not wanting to meet the bitch currently on his arm. Not that I needed to, it was the hoe from the club that one special night. Ugh, sometimes I just did not understand what the hell he did or why the hell he did it. Was that to get back at me? By the surprise in his eyes, he wasn’t even aware that I was coming. Or maybe he was hoping I would. Not that it mattered. I was over D. There would be no relationship, not after the stupid ass stunt that he pulled. I stop walking as I felt someone grab my arm.
“You need to stop by and pick up your check.”
“Don’t worry about that Howie, I’ll be by.”
“It won’t wait.” I turned around and glared at him.
“I know the drill. Thanks.” With that, I yanked my arm out of his grasp and made my way back out the front door. No way in hell was I staying there! I couldn’t, not with that idiot around!

~*~ Let's get it on in public/ Just let it go/ I promise that you'll love it/ Oh daddy don't you wanna be my subject/ Ooh let's get it on in public Ooh ~*~

I stopped at my car, hearing her voice calling my name. Damn it, I had told Amber I would stay and here I was, planning on leaving her. I could just avoid Howie; it wasn’t really all that hard.
“You’re not leaving.”
“You saw that exchange.”
“Yes I did. Theresa, you told me you would stay, and yet you’re leaving because Howie made a stupid ass comment?” I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. “Don’t let him ruin our fun, please?”
“It’s not our fun, it’s your fun. I’m doing this for you, and you know that.”
“I know, believe me, it won’t be that bad though, really. Come on, I’ll make you a drink.” I smiled as she tugged on arm. Okay, so, she won me over with alcohol. But I wasn’t about to say no. Amber knew how to make the drinks, and it was rare when she did make them. “Go sit outside, and I’ll be out there shortly.” I rolled my eyes and made my way back outside, sitting at the table. Again, that nagging feeling kept telling me this was so wrong, but I really couldn’t do much. I guess I was gonna have to take the punches when they came.

Three hours later, I was laughing at something that Nick was saying. We were all inside, and yeah, I was pretty damn good at being tipsy, but it was great. I had managed to avoid Howie, although, he wasn’t happy with that. He tried catching my eye on quite a few occasions, but I refused to even glance in his direction. Okay, that was a lie; I glared at the bimbo on his arm who just couldn’t stop drooling over the rest of the guys. Hmm, wondered if Howie realized the kind of hoe he brought. Oh well, wasn’t my concern. I tried to get off the couch; laughed as I couldn’t quite stand up and fell right back down again. Howie offered out his hand, and without thought, I took it. He yanked my arm, sending me straight against his chest.
“It’s nice having you like this,” he whispered, loud enough for only me to hear. I smiled, pretending like that comment was nothing more than something random.
“Thanks,” I said, disentangling myself from him. Oh, he was not going to get in compromising positions this time around. I just was not going to let him. With that firm thought echoing through my mind, I made my way to the kitchen, setting the glass in the sink and grabbing a bottle of water. I glanced outside, seeing the trees sway with the gentle breeze coming in from the ocean.
“Nice, isn’t it?” I sighed, finally knowing that Howie was just not going to leave me alone, no matter how hard I tried to avoid him.
“Yes. It’s been pretty nice, not too humid at all.” I felt his hand on the small of my back and turned to glance at him. “Can I help you?”
“Want to go outside?”
“For what D?”
“To enjoy this wonderful weather.” He opened the sliding doors and ushered me outside. Oh, nice breeze, no light, yeah, what was that about positions? “I just want to enjoy your company.”
“I doubt that.” I turned my eyes to him and regretted the instant that I did. His eyes held mine, a hunger burning in their depths, one I know was echoing in mine. His hands cupped my cheeks, his lips brushed mine and that was my undoing. I snaked my arms around his waist, sliding my fingers up underneath his shirt, capturing his moans with my tongue. I felt his fingers fumble with part of my shirt, easing down a part of it to allow the breast to pop out. His fingers captured the nipple, twisting it, causing me to shudder at the sheer sensations screaming through my body. My mind was screaming at me to stop it, yet my body had been craving his sweet touch. His lips trailed along my jaw to my neck, finding that sweet spot, nipping at it, running his tongue along it, making me moan.
“Woohoo, D does have that charm!” With that, my body got slammed back down to earth, and with it, the realization that I let him do it to me once again. I glanced behind me, seeing Nick with that shit eating grin and turned to Howie. I yanked my shirt up, and before he could utter a word, I swung my hand out and slapped him.
“Leave me alone!” I turned on my heel, pushing Nick as I walked through the doors and out to my car, feeling my cheeks on fire. That was one of the most embarrassing moments, and than to put a show on for the rest of the guys. Was I any better than the woman on D’s arm? I got into my car, feeling the tears fall. How utterly stupid I was, again!

~*~ Let's get it on in public/ Just let it go/ I promise that you'll love it/ Oh daddy don't you wanna be my subject/ Ooh let's get it on in public Ooh ~*~