- Text Size +
CHAPTER 2
“Resa, you better snap out of your daze. I’m not gonna do all the work here.” I shook my head and grabbed my camera. “What’s wrong?” I stepped closer to her and whispered in her ear that D kissed me. She stopped shooting for a moment and turned and looked back at me. “For real?”

“Why would I lie? And it wasn’t a simple kiss. It was a mind blowing, ground shattering kiss.”

“Oh, I want details later. He’s staring at you so start snapping.” I rolled my eyes, saw him raise his eyebrow, and than saw those lethal lips curl up into a smirk. With that simple look, though, he had every girl in the place screaming.

“I want to thank you all for coming. It means a lot to me and to all of DLF to have such a huge support this year. I know some of you from previous cruises or other DLF events and you might remember some of us. We have two new members to DLF though, and they keep you in touch with all the latest pictures, recordings, and gossip. Give a nice hand for Amber and Resa. They truly have been wonderful editions this year.” He went on with the speech and I walked around the room, taking all kinds of pictures. After a little bit, it was time to take the personal pictures, which I had left in Amber’s hands.

“Theresa?” I turned around and found a pretty teenager smiling at me.

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you a question.”

“Sure. What’s up?”

“What’s it like working for Howie?”

“Very demanding. But lots of fun. Why are you asking?”

“Cause I want to work with him someday. He seems so cool.”

“He has his moments. What’s your name?”

“I’m sorry. Darlene.”

“And what is it that you like to do?”

“Getting lots of gossip. Oh, please excuse me, my mom is waiting for me. A pleasure meeting you.” I nodded my head and watched her walk away, having a bad feeling about that little girl. I could always tell which ones would be trouble; of course, it would be asking far too much if I could have one event when there was no trouble. That’s like asking for Easter without the candy, just wouldn’t happen. I let out a deep breath and slowly released it. Nothing was going to happen to me to get me all caught up in drama, for crying out loud, I worked for DLF. I frowned to myself, remembering other events in the past where other DLF members had gotten into trouble. Bad thought indeed.

“Hey, are you planning on unpacking at some point in time or stare out at the ocean till we move.”

“May I ask you a question, Pollyanna?”

“Sure. Not like I have anything important to do.” I turned around and smiled at her.

“Do you get tired of listening to the fans, of the trouble they cause and what not?”

“Sometimes. It gets very annoying, mostly on the cruises though. That’s why I was worried about you and Amber. You both were once part of the fans, and I know you can relate.”

“True, but we never caused trouble. Okay, not for Howie or any other DLF members. We usually tried to stop it before it happened.”

“I know and we were thankful. Why are you asking?”

“Because I was scared to come here, still am. These people know me, at least some of them, and I don’t want to be used.”

“Just remember who your true friends are and know that you will be used. It happens to anyone who’s related to someone famous.”

“Thanks Pollyanna. Go ahead and unpack, I’ll be leaving shortly.”

“Catch you later Resa.”

“Theresa?” I turned around and found my eyes locking with his chocolate ones.

“Yes D?”

“About earlier…”

“What about it?”

“I wanted to say I was sorry. I don’t usually do things like that, and most certainly not in places where people can see me. And if I put you in an awkward position, than I’m sorry.”

“You didn’t D. And actually, the chance that someone might see made it a little bit more exciting. It’s just…the fans.”

“Yes, again, I’m sorry.” I walked up to him and placed my finger over his lips.

“Don’t say it again. All I want to know is why.”

“You shouldn’t have to ask.” He pressed his lips against me finger, gave me a wink, and left, leaving me frustrated and confused.

-----
“So, do I get the details?” I shrugged and put up the last of my clothes. I walked out onto my deck and glanced over the side and looked over the water. I heard the door to my right open and out walked Howie.

“You had to place me next to you, didn’t you?”

“Tre, who you talkin’ to?”

“D.” She walked out and waved to him.

“Hey Ambz. What’s goin’ on?”

“Nothing, talking to Tre, tryin’ to hit her up for the details.”

“Come on over, and I’ll share every one.” I glared at him and smacked Amber’s arm before walking in. Yes, he was a jokester, which confused me, for I didn’t know if he was serious or just kidding around.

“That was rude to hit me. You would have done the same thing if it was me getting kisses.”

“Yes, but it’s not, damn it.” She laughed and laid down on the bed, a smile playing along her lips.

~*~ He was next to me/ Our flight was supposed to leave around 2:53/ All I wanted to see/ Is what would he do if I dropped down to my knees/ ~*~