- Text Size +
CHAPTER 6
I played with the chair and leaned back on it, closing my eyes against the sun. I let out a deep breath, clearing my mind. I loved any ocean, loved playing in the water or on the sand, but HIS fans, they were mean, and I so did not want to be around them. That’s why I found a space far enough off, but close enough to be considered part of the group.
“May I join ya?” I peeked one eye open and nodded my head. “The fans are gonna think you don’t like them.” I glanced over at John and rolled my eyes.
“It’s not me who thinks that way.”
“That’s why you’re over here, by yourself?”
“I’m not by myself. You came to join me.” He smiled but shook his head.
“Don’t let them get to you. They love him and really do get jealous to see him with anyone else, other then them.”
“I know John, I know. Remember, I’ve been down that road.” He smiled but smacked my arm.
“You know what I mean. Sides, you were always a cool fan. You didn’t go all crazy or anything.”
“Now, what the hell was that gonna do? He was just an annoying man, like all the rest.”
“I beg your pardon, I am not annoying.” I shook my head, catching a few pairs of eyes glaring in my direction. I tried to stay away, it was them who came.
“Are you guys gonna lounge in the sun all afternoon?”
“Yeah, I think so. Why?” I shrugged my shoulders and jumped out of the chair, running straight into the ocean. A few minutes later, I heard a splash behind me. I turned expecting to see some fan, but saw D. I turned towards the fans, and could barley make them out. Which, had it’s good and bad points. I started swimming away from that too damn good looking man that was following me. “Why run away?” I shivered as I felt his breath against my neck. Yes, I wasn’t swimming that fast.
“Because I didn’t want to be caught by you.” His lips grazed the back of neck, moving down and setting aside the strap to the bathing suit.
“Really?” I rolled my head back on his shoulder. Damn it, why in the world did this man make me feel like this? If any fan had binoculars or a really good eye, they would all fuckin’ come after me.
“Howie…” I felt his teeth scrap my shoulder, than felt his tongue run over the spot, as if to sooth it.
“Yes.” Oh, yeah…what the hell was I gonna say now. I felt his hand encircle my waist, moving up to caress a breast. Ah hell, he done did it now. I turned around, capturing my mouth with his, catching the moan that ran through his body. At that moment, all I wanted to say was screw the fans, screw the world. Yet, feeling the water keep hitting my body was a very constant reminder that there were fans not to far away who might feel like a swim. I pulled away and smirked before I started swimming back to shore, with him falling very closely. “And you dare tell me I don’t play fair?” I winked and walked over to my lawn chair and picked up my towel.
“You were gone for quite a while.”
“The water felt good, G.”
“Oh yeah, I’m sure the water wasn’t the only thing that felt good.” She busted out laughing, along with Pollyanna.
“Where you two going?”
“To rent some jet ski’s. Wanna come?”
“Nah. I’m gonna work on my tan now.” They waved and went on their way. I laid down on the chair, closing my eyes to the bright sun.
“Wanna play football with us?”
“No, thank you though John.”
“Are you scared?”
“No, I just don’t want to beat a bunch of guys.” I opened my eyes and offered him a smile.
“Are you suggesting that you think you can actually beat us?”
“Oh hell no, I’m not suggesting it. I’m straight out telling you!”
“No girl, no matter how cute, can beat guys?” I nodded my head and jumped out of my chair.
“AMBER!” She turned around and threw me a look. “THEY WANT US TO PLAY, CARE TO JOIN?” She busted out laughing and started running back our way.
“You can bet your ass I’m joining.”

50 minutes later, the guys were just shaking their heads. We had three touchdowns on them and they so could not believe it.
“You know they’re pissed.”
“That’s the point. They want to believe they’re better than us, G. We know better. And after we score our next touchdown, they’ll know too.”
“Okay, Resa, you know they’re gonna come up with some fucked up plan, right?” I squinted my eyes at them, wishing I could hear what they were planning. Oh yeah, I knew they were pissed and I so knew they were coming after me. After all, I was the one scoring. We lined up and I noticed that Howie was the one guarding me. Great, won’t this be fun. They called hike and I started running, trying to shake Howie. I finally got an opening and caught the ball, running but getting tackled before I crossed the goal line. I looked behind me and saw the evil smirk lingering upon his lips.
“You don’t play fair.”
“We already discussed this, I believe.” I felt him lean down and felt him pushing into me. I felt his breath hot against my neck and groaned softly.
“Hush now, or someone might catch on.” He laughed and offered me his hand to help me up. I glared at him, knowing damn good and well I was more than turned on.