- Text Size +
CHAPTER 7
We walked along the deck, hand in hand, just staring out over the ocean. The boat hadn’t left dock yet, and wouldn’t for another half an hour. I stopped at the railing and placed my hands upon it, watching as the sun started sinking lower into the horizon.
“Okay, I need you to confess.”
“Confess to what D?”
“Just how the hell you became so damn good at football.” I busted out laughing and heads turned to look in our direction.
“I love football. You should know by now that I’m not a girlie girl. Yeah, I got assets, but certainly not the mentally.”
“I’ll buy that.” He walked up behind me and placed his hands upon my hips. “And I most certainly like those assets,” he whispered against my neck. I closed my eyes and felt his lips pressing softly. Oh, damn it, why now? Why did the thrill of getting caught just get me all hot and bothered. It wasn’t fair. I wanted to do so much to him, yet there were eyes, and ears, all around. I knew they would see something, and than I would be royally fucked. “Want to go to my room?” I could only nod my head. He grabbed my hand and lead me to the elevator. Once the doors closed behind us, though, he had me pushed up against the wall and his lips were capturing mine. I moaned against those lips, clawing at his back, wanting to touch him. His tongue snaked out and caught mine, giving it an erotic battle, showing me what he wanted to do to me. I felt the elevator stop, heard the ding, and knew that the doors were open.
“Pardon us.” We pulled away, a blush creeping upon both of our cheeks. “Ah, to be young and in love again,” the older gentleman said to the woman by his side. All she did was smile and nod.

~*~ Don't try to run from me/ I'll make your toes curl up and make your body scream/ Come take a walk with me/ We can do it over there by all the trees ~*~

We rushed to his room, slamming the door behind us. He pulled me tight against his body and once more captured my lips. It stayed in my mind just how much control he had over me. No, it most certainly wasn’t fair to me, but it was very nice to know he could turn me on with just the merest of a touch. I moaned against his lips, wanting, needing more than just his kisses. Son of a bitch, he had me under his spell. His hands slipped under my shirt and pulled it over my head, catching the bra and snapping that off. He stepped back and quickly sucked in a breath. I felt so self conscience, not wanting him to see me like this in the light of day. He stepped over to me again and captured my lips once more, this time gently, savoring the taste, the feel of them. And than, with out notice, our world fell around us as the housekeeper of the sorts came into the room. She stopped, smiled and tired to hurry and close the door. I slid behind Howie and saw the eyes trying to enter the room. Great, the rumors would start to fly now. I pulled back, trying to get the bra on and heard him shut the door.
“What are you doing?”
“Getting dressed. There were prying eyes out there and the last thing we want is more rumors.” I slipped my shirt on and fluffed my hair.
“Come here.” He sat down on the bed and pulled me on his lap. He leaned his head against my arm and I had to smile as his arms snaked around my waist. “This puts us in quite a position huh?”
“Yeah.”
“What are the fans saying?”
“Different things. I haven’t gotten the official word yet.” He chuckled at that.
“I didn’t mean for this to happen ya know?”
“I know D. Look, dinner is an hour away and I need to go take a shower.” He pulled his head away and gazed into my eyes. This would be such a perfect time to ask him all the questions I was feeling, but I could not bring the words out. If he wanted to talk about it, it was gonna have to be him who brought it up for I knew I was too damn scared.
“Yeah. Me too I guess.”
“Lucky thing my room is just right next door huh?” I slipped off his lap and walked towards the door.
“Theresa?” I turned back around and smiled as his lips pressed against mine once more. “See ya in a bit.” I beamed, opened the door and shut it behind me tightly as I left it. I leaned back against it, closed my eyes and took a very deep breath. Holy crap this was gonna be a long couple of days.

“Okay, what did I miss?” I glanced up and into a brown pair of eyes.
“Nothing at all. Amber and I were just discussin’ some things about the website.”
“I like hearing ideas.”
“Since they’re hers, you can talk to her while I run to the restroom.” I bid them goodbye and hurried down the walk way.
“Okay, give Dorough.”
“On what?” Amber watched him as he watched the retreating back.
“You’re feelings, that’s what.”
“And I repeat on what?” Amber took a sip of her drink, raising her eyebrow at him. He saw her look and laughed. “On Resa, huh?”
“Yeah, that would be it.” He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
“I don’t know. I like her, quite a bit. She’s just an amazing woman. I just don’t know if I want a serious relationship yet.”
“That’s great. And it’s okay if ya’ll wanna fool around, but D, on this boat, with all these fans, that ain’t right.”
“I know, and I tell myself that all the time, but it’s like when I’m around her, all I can think of just kissing her. Screw the fans or what they think.”
“That’s not the smartest way to be thinking.”
“I don’t think really when she’s around.” Amber laughed and I walked in on that, confusion showing on my face.
“Don’t worry about it G. Howie here just has a lot on his plate and he needs a lot of help.” I glanced at him but he just smiled. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me tight against his body.
“Ready for dinner, laides?”

“Wanna hit the floor?” I nodded my head as she grabbed my hand and lead me onto the dance floor. I started grooving to the music, feeling many pairs of eyes burning into my back. I slowed down and started looking around, seeing none other Darlene and a couple of her friends sitting a table, watching me. “Enemies?”
“Remember that girl from the first night?” At Amber’s nod, I nodded my head in the direction of the girls. “That’s her and she’s killing me with her looks.”
“Any reason she would be doing that?”
“None that I can think of.” Amber raised her eyebrow at that. I cringed, for yes, Darlene did have reason. She was the set of eyes that caught me in D’s room earlier. I stopped dancing and started walking off the dance floor. Amber quickly caught up to me and grabbed my arm.
“What should I tell him when he asks for you?”
“I’ll be on the deck, watching the waves.”
“Be careful please.” I smiled and finished walking out of the club, making my way to the top deck.