- Text Size +
CHAPTER 8
Thirty minutes later, D was grabbing Amber’s arm and pulling her into his VIP section.
“Where did she go?”
“On the top deck.”
“How long ago did she leave?” Amber shrugged. She glanced down at her watch and made a face.
“Oh, probably within the last half hour. I was out there groovin’.”
“Yeah, I saw ya. That’s when I realized your buddy wasn’t with you.”
“She said she felt some eyes killing her, so she left. Look, I’m not gonna repeat myself, cause ya a big boy. But she’s not used to this.”
“She’s tough.”
“That she is. But, she’s still a woman, with a woman’s heart. And she hates that everyone hates her.”
“Do they?”
“Eh, right now it’s only a couple of girls. But that’s all it takes to turn more. D, these girls adore you. The last thing they want is for you to be happy with some other chick that’s not them.”
“I know, I know. I’m gonna go find her. We may or may not be back.”
“I’ll make your excuses.”
“You’re the greatest Ambz.” With that, he gave her a kiss on the cheek as he left.

I wrapped my arms around my waist, watching as the dark waves crashed along the side of the boat. I closed my eyes, savoring the slight breeze and how it cooled my heated cheeks. Things had gotten way out of hand with Howie and someone needed to put an end to it and soon. I liked him, no loved him, but I couldn’t do things like this in front of everyone. Too many people already knew, or at least guessed and I just didn’t need my name drugged through the mud. I sighed, once more opening my eyes and looking over the side of the boat.
“You’re not thinking of jumping are you?” I smiled to myself and shook my head. “What’s on your mind lovely lady?”
“You are.” With that, I turned and glanced at him.
“That’s being blunt.”
“I know of no other way to be.” He smiled and slipped his arm around my waist. I glanced around, relieved that no one was on the deck.
“What about me?” I sighed and turned back around to watch the waves. “Come on sexy, it’s me!”
“D, what are we doing?”
“Right now, we’re talking. But, I can think of a lot more other things I wanna be doing.” He pressed his lips to the back of my neck and I shivered.
“Yeah, there’s a lot of things I can think of too. But, that’s not what I mean and you know it. I mean, what are we doing on this boat?” He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder.
“I like you Theresa, if you haven’t guessed that already.”
“I would hate to say it’s obvious after everything that’s gone on.” He chuckled at that.
“I enjoy being with you. You truly are an amazing woman.”
“Thank you. But, D, you’re not answering my question.” He turned me around so I was looking into his eyes. I shivered, not from the cold, but from the passion I saw blazing in depths of his eyes. It set my heart fluttering and my blood pounding.
“I want you.” I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist, drawing me tight against his body.
“I want you too D.” That was his undoing. His lips pressed against mine and I moaned. His tongue captured mine, heating me to the very core. After breathless moments we pulled away.
“My room?” I shook my head.
“Too many eyes. My room.” He laughed and wrapped his arm around my waist as I lead the way.

I shifted my shades, trying so very hard to keep the sun out of my eyes.
“Want anything to eat?” I shook my head. “Want anything to drink?” Again, another shake. “Would you wake up?” I took my glasses off and glared at Amber. “What in the world is your problem?”
“Just a rather late night and no sleep.”
“Oh, that’s not how I here it.”
“Well, G, I really don’t give a damn how you’re hearing it. And what the hell are you hearing anyways?”
“Just some deep snoring coming from your room last night. And I know that wasn’t you. Did you tire him out that much?”
“Oh, would you just shut up.” She busted out laughing and took a sip of her juice.
“Listen, girlie, if you’re gonna sleep with him, you really have got to be in a better mood. Sides, how was it?” I cocked my head to the side and grinned.
“None of your damn business. Now, excuse me, I’m getting a headache, so I think I’m going back to my room. Wake me up when it’s time for the next DLF event.”
“Gotcha. Sweet dreams and tell him I said good morning.” I glared at her once more before I left the table. I made my way to my room and smiled as I saw him sprawled out on my bed, the sheet barely covering his backside. I shook my head and made my way over to the bed, falling down on it.
“You’re back.”
“I’m shocked you even realized I left.” He turned over and glanced at him.
“Why?” I shrugged and pinched the bridge of my nose. “What’s wrong?”
“Just a headache. And Amber did not help much. Dragging me out of bed to go have breakfast with her.”
“She was here.” I tossed him a quick glance.
“You didn’t hear the room phone or my cell phone ringing off the hook.” At his shake, I groaned. “I couldn’t get her to leave me alone, so I finally agreed. Although, I’m just too damn tired and wanna go back to sleep.”
“I’m that good huh.” I grabbed the pillow from underneath my head and swung it at him.
“In your dreams Dorough.” He dogged the pillow and grabbed my wrist, yanking me across his body.
“No, my dear Theresa, in yours.” With that, he pressed his lips against mine. From somewhere deep in my mind, I knew this couldn’t be happening. I knew that at any minute this would all come to an end. But, damn, was I just so enjoying it.
“Round four huh?” He flipped me over onto my back and nodded, that smirk written all over his face.

~*~ Drive this car real fast/ I'll lay my head down and I’ll make your body blast ow ~*~