- Text Size +
CHAPTER 9
“I beg your pardon?” I glanced up and over at a couple of girls. They were having a heated discussion before the next DLF event.
“You heard me.” I frowned, realizing that was Stephanie. I walked over to them and laid my hand on her shoulder.
“Is everything all right here?”
“I’m fine Theresa. This one here just opened her fat mouth.”
“Come on, come sit with us, and let her talk her shit else where.” That earned me a glare before the other girl turned on her heel and marched off. Oh yes, I knew who that girl was and I can only picture what lies were getting spread.
“Thank you Theresa. I’m not all too sure I could have stood another moment of that.”
“Oh, I understand. If you don’t mind my askin’, what were they saying?”
“They, well, they said you were a slut and that you were screwing all the Backstreet Boys.” I rose my eyebrow at that. Amazing, I didn’t really know half of the Backstreet Boys, and yet, I was now messing around with them. Wow, I was good. “Are you upset?”
“Not at all. I’ll be honest, I’ve only had the pleasure of meeting AJ, I don’t know the rest of the guys. Other than a mere hello to each other them, that’s the biggest discussion I’ve had with them.”
“I know it wasn’t true. And if you’re with Howie, I’m happy for you. Like I said, I think you two make a cute couple.”
“Why, thank you Stephanie. Here, go ahead and sit down. Pollyanna and Angie should be coming soon, so you can talk with them before the bidding starts. Amber is here too, I need to find Howie really quickly, but I’ll be right back, okay?”
“That’s fine, thank you.” I smiled and left her alone, watching as Amber nodded and made her way over to the table. I searched the room, not finding John or D. I groaned to myself. I made my way outside, grateful that all the DLF fans were inside that small room. I glanced around in the hallway and no sign of D. I rolled my eyes, not having a clue where I could find him.
“Lookin’ for someone?” I turned around and just about hit him.
“Why are you always late to these events?” He shrugged and leaned against the wall, away from all prying eyes. “You’re fans adore you and yet, here you are, running late.”
“I like to savor the moment.” I shook my head and felt his arm circle my waist. “Don’t you know that?” Oh hell, did I know. My body was sore from using muscles I wasn’t aware of and my throat was scratchy from wanting to scream and being unable too. Yes, I knew what the hell he was saying.
“D, you’re fans are waiting.”
“Another minute won’t hurt them.” With that said, his lips were pressing against mine. I moaned, wrapping my arms around his neck and entangling my fingers in his hair. Oh, damn, if we didn’t have an event, I would so be over him again! His tongue parted my lips and I could feel his quiver. He pushed me against the wall, his hand snaking itself under my shirt. I moaned and leaned my head back against the wall, feeling his lips and tongue working magic down my neck.
“D, are...sorry, man.” Howie quickly pulled away and smoothed my shirt down. I hid my head behind Howie’s shoulder, grateful that it was only John and no one else. “Mom wants you in there now.” Howie winked at me and made his way into the room. That son of a bitch! How dare he do something like that, get me all worked up, and still be able to go into that room of his adoring fans and be cooled and controlled! “Got a sec?” I glanced at John and nodded my head.
“Yeah, Amber’s got it covered.”
“I’m not sure I want to know all the details between you and my brother, but, exactly what is going on?”
“An attraction that’s being settled.”
“To put it mildly, I’m sure. Theresa, you’re a wonderful woman, smart, funny, beautiful, and I’m glad that Howie has someone like you.”
“What’s the ‘but’, John?” He glanced around and sighed, making me realize just how much alike these two men were.
“I’m not one to get into peoples affairs, you know this…”
“John!”
“Not here, not now!” I sucked in a breath, not quite thinking he would state that. “Look, like I said, I find nothing wrong with you.”
“Geez, thanks.”
“Come on! You know that on this boat, this is wrong!”
“Why? Because his fans might care who he is seeing?”
“Yes, that and because they can cause some serious trouble. I don’t have to tell you, I know you were on these cruises before, and you know the way these fans are! If you two are happy, that’s great, but please, not on this boat and certainly not in public!” I closed my eyes and nodded my head. I heard his footsteps and had to sit down. Things with D were totally raging out of control and I had no way to stop it. Actually, I wasn’t all too sure I wanted to stop it.

I leaned against the railing as I watched the waves. I was beyond knowing what to do. This afternoon was proof that it had to be stopped. Yeah, Howie was great, and yeah, I was falling even more in love, but when I was with him, it was just not a good sign to loose all sense and let him do the things he was doing in public! John was right. The fans already hated me, it was obvious to everyone. And I did not need fights breaking out on this boat, or elsewhere because I couldn’t keep my hormones in check. Hell, even alone in our rooms wasn’t being alone!
“There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you!”
“Hey G.
“What’s wrong Theresa?” I shrugged my shoulders. “Tre, talk to me.”
“Before the auction, John walked in on Howie and I. I just…I don’t know what’s going on with him, g. I mean, I know that I shouldn’t be touching him in public, because that leads to so much more, but it’s so, hell, erotic to know we might get caught. It’s tearing me apart though.”
“Does he know it?”
“We’ve talked briefly about it, but not recently. I mean, he knows I like it, and I know he likes it. But, he’s not certain about all that’s going on.”
“I think you need to talk to him, I mean really talk to him. No kissing, no touching, if you know it’s going to lead to more. You need to lay down some rules and you know it.” I sighed, knowing she was right and knowing there was certainly no time like the present.
“I know G.”
“He’s was down at the casino the last time I checked.” I turned to her and smiled, throwing my arms around her neck.
“Thanks Amber. It’s wonderful to know I have a friend on this boat with me.”
“Always chica.” She squeezed and than pushed me in the direction of the door.