- Text Size +
CHAPTER 5
Mentally, this was not an easy task, eating with so many eyes on you. Howie and I had walked in along the last of the crowd, hand in hand, and everyone was staring. Inside, I was a tub of Jell-O but outside, I had to be composed. These fans were not allowed to see that they made me nervous.
“Enjoying the meal, mija?”
“Of course Paula.”
“Every year, this is my favorite meal.” I smiled her.
“I agree. I find this to be the most enjoyable.”
“I prefer any dinner. I think D should hire a cook from here, that way he could stop cooking all that shit.”
“Thanks John!”
“Pictures, you guys?”
“Perfect,” D said. The young lady went around the table, snapping plenty of pictures. “Smile sexy,” D breathed in my ear. His arm wrapped around my shoulders and pulled me against his chest.
“The pictures will be ready tomorrow,” she said, snapping the picture. She walked off, moving among the other tables. My eyes glanced around, seeing quite a few pairs of eyes watching me. I sighed, not really wanting to deal with this anymore. Lord, it wasn’t even two full days, and I was having problems.
“Wanna take a walk?” I smiled my thanks to Howie as he pulled out my chair. We slipped out of the dinning room and onto the top deck. Hand in hand we walked to the stern of the ship, watching the dark waves crash along the boat. “You know tomorrow’s the beach excursion right?”
“Yes and I was thinking of letting Amber go and enjoy the fun.”
“And what are you going to do?”
“Stay on board and lounge around.” He pulled my hand up and pressed his lips against the back of it.
“You need to work on your tan. The fans won’t do anything as long as I’m there. Besides, I want to take you jet skiing.”
“Been there, done that. Oh, what’s the use, I can’t argue against you.” He smiled, before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against him. His lips pressed softly against mine, the merest of touches, yet it left me breathless, hell, he left my breathless. “You’re so stunning, Theresa.”
“As you are sexy, D.” He held me tighter, pressing his lips firmly against mine. Our tongues fought an erotic duel, which heated me to the core. I moaned, craving, wanting, longing for him. Yet, on the deck, where prying eyes were looking, was not the time to do what I wanted to do. Although, it heated me up even more knowing anyone could walk in on us.
“You like the thought of being caught, huh?”
“I never claimed to dislike it.”
“True, but you let me kiss you wherever. If you didn’t like it, you wouldn’t allow it.” I shrugged, turning my back on him and looking over the water once again. He smiled to himself and placed his hands along my hips. “You’re not denying it.”
“Should I? You’ve known for a while that I can be freaky. It shouldn’t surprise you none.” He placed his lips upon my neck, loving the sound of my gentle hissing breath.
“Actually, that’s something that attracts me.” I closed my eyes, moving my head, giving him better access to whatever it was he wanted. His hands traveled downward, slipping up my skirt, feeling the softness of my thigh.
“D, finally.” I heard D swear as I moved away and turned to see Angie and Amber walking over to us. “Did you forget you were supposed to be the DJ tonight?” Mentally, I cringed, for I had forgotten too.
“Oh, damn, I did Angie.”
“You’re fans are waiting, I suggest you go meet ‘em.” He laughed, following her as they left the deck. I took a deep breath, letting down my hair.
“Smart idea, for something is forming.” I turned and looked at Amber, shock written in my eyes. “So, I saw things. Stuff getting hot and heavy between you two, huh?”
“Nah, not really. Come on, we gotta snap some shots.”
“Hold up. I know you like D, and I’m starting to think it’s obvious he likes you too. Kissing, caressing, touching even is fine, but on a boat, where news travels fast, I suggest you keep everything as a big no.”
“Trust me Amber, I’m really trying. He’s just so hard to fight off.”
“I know, that’s why I’m telling you now. You have a little more than a week left, and it’s not easy to fight the fans. You can remember how it was.”
“I do. Thanks G.”
“You’re welcome. Now come on, I love watching D make a fool of himself.” I laughed, linking my arm through hers.

I wrapped the material around my waist, cringing as I passed by the mirror. Last night, after a couple of drinks, Howie and Amber convinced me to go to the beach. And almost convinced me that I looked good in a swimsuit. They had to be smoking something, for looking at myself now, I thought I looked horrible.
“Come on G, we’re waiting for you,” Amber said, walking in from the adjoining room.
“I really need to keep that door locked.”
“Ready?” I grabbed my work bag and nodded my head. “Great. The fans wont be a problem. Well, as long as you keep that hickey covered.”
“Shut up! Please do not remind me that I have one.” We busted out laughing as we walked out of the room and down to the bottom decks.
“I was thinking that Howie and the gang might want to record a little thank you for the fans and we could post it on the site.
“G, that’s a wonderful idea. I’m sure everyone would go for it.”
“Thanks Tre.”
“What are you two discussing?” Angie asked as she walked up to us.
“Amber came up with an awesome idea. She thinks that the Dorough family should leave messages, recorded messages, for the fans and then we can place them on the site.”
“Amber, I love it. I knew we hired you for some good reason.”
“Thanks Angie. Sure know how to make someone feel special.” Angie laughed as her and Amber walked on ahead.
“What’s on your mind sexy?” I smiled as Howie walked along my side.
“Nothing much actually. Just an idea that Amber came up with. She’s talking it over with Angie.”
“Awesome. Ready for the beach?”
“Yes, got my book and my working equipment.”
“So long as no one sees that…”
“Yes, I know. And I thank you so damn much for it.”
“Trust me, I didn’t meant to leave one. You’re just so damn tasty.” We walked over to the boat that would take us to the private island. He helped me as I climbed on and gave the captain the single that we were the last ones on. He took a seat and almost every young female flocked to sit next to him. I rolled my eyes and took a seat by the window, snapping pictures of the turquoise water.
“Breath taking, isn’t it?”
“Yes. I wish I could stay out here all the time.”
“Me too. I’m Stephanie. I just had to tell you that I think you’re amazing.”
“Why?”
“Because you’re standing up to all the fans. That and I remember you on some past cruises. You never seemed to be into D. Or, rather, in awe of him.”
“I got a secret. Her snores really loud and talks in his sleep. Think about things like that, and he’s more normal.” Stephanie glanced at him and started laughing.
“That helps.” D glanced up, hearing the commotion and looked at me, a question in his eyes. I shrugged, laughing along with her.
“Are you a big fan of D?”
“Somewhat. He’s an amazing guy and really nice to talk to, if you’re lucky enough to get the chance.”
“Yes. It’s not always easy. You would think here, would be the perfect time, but there’s always other girls who throw themselves at him.”
“True. No, my heart belongs to AJ.”
“Yes, the sexy one.” She laughed but nodded her head in agreement. “Do you know he has a girlfriend?”
“Yeah, but I’ve never seen pictures of her. I just heard she treats him right, keeps him out of trouble, and very pretty.”
“Wanna meet her?”
“Sure, she’s on this boat?”
“Remember Amber?”
“Oh my God, yes. He’s dating her? She’s lucky…actually, they’re both lucky.”
“I like to think so.”
“Who’s D dating?” I let out a deep breath and turned my eyes to D. “Oh, you want to date him?”
“No, not really. And be hated by all the fans?”
“Actually, I personally think you and D would be a cute couple. D isn’t shallow and into looks, at least, not from what I’ve seen.”
“He’s not. He really is a sweet heart. By the way, how old are you?”
“I’ll be 21 in two days.”
“Oh, what a way to celebrate.”
“Too true.”
“Who knows, maybe I might have to throw a party for you, would that work?”
“I’d love that!”

~*~ Let's get it on in public/ Just let it go/ I promise that you'll love it/ Oh daddy don't you wanna be my subject/ Ooh let's get it on in public Ooh ~*~