- Text Size +
CHAPTER 10
I flopped down on my bed, physically tired from the plane ride but so emotionally drained from the last two years. It was one roller coaster after another and I was sure happy it was over. Let AJ say what he wanted, I was done with him. And as for Brian, I was done with that too. That’s just rude not to let someone explain what was going on. To assume that you were a liar and a deceiver. Okay, he wasn’t assuming, but gosh darn it, I had a damn good reason and it wasn’t fair. I could have explained about my past and how that lead me to do what I did. But no, being the prick that he was, he couldn’t even give me that. And than to deal with Howie. Oh, after all that shit went down, I could only picture the smug look on his face and how he probably blame me that I turned them gay. As for Nicky, well, just what the hell could I say to that? Only that I’m sure AJ would have his hands full dealing with him, not like he didn’t already, but last time he had someone to help. From now on, he was on his own! I groaned as I heard my cell phone ringing. I wanted to grab it and throw it at the wall, but it was on the other side of the room. Even if I did throw it, my ass was still gonna have to get up to get it. Well, screw that and screw whoever was calling me now! I sighed as it stopped ringing, smiling as the peace once more came, or, that was until the bed side phone started ringing. I rolled my eyes but picked it up. “Hello.”
“Theresa?”
“None other, Alex. What the hell do you want?”
“To talk to you. You didn’t answer your cell phone.”
“I’m not here to do your bidding. And to be honest, I don’t want to talk to you. So goodbye!” With that, I put the phone back on the charger. Ugh, men! Why the hell were they so annoying and so dense as to not understand when you just didn’t want to deal with them? I won’t ever understand them. I closed my eyes, covering myself with the blanket. At least, some sleep!
“Excuse me!” I peeked one eye open and gasped.
“How the hell did you get in?”
“Duh, a key! Remember, you gave it to me ‘cause I was such a dear friend.”
“Well, how about you set it on the table as you leave, ‘cause you’re not a dear friend anymore.” He sighed and leaned against the doorframe.
“Are you not even going to allow me to say sorry?”
“Not on your life buddy!”
“Theresa!” With that, he plopped down on the bed next to me, resting his head on my stomach.
“Alexander, you currently have five seconds to remove your head from my stomach or I will shove it up your ass!”
“Ouch, I get the hint, you’re not ready for that.” I got up and leaned against the headboard, one eyebrow raised. “By that look, you’re not even ready for me to be here, huh?”
“No, say it ain’t so!”
“Why are you such a smart ass?”
“Cause I have to put up with you. What do you want Alex?” He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on the back of it.
“I want to say I’m sorry. Truly, deeply, sorry. I was angry, at quite a few different things and it wasn’t fair of me to say what I said, and it sure wasn’t fair of me to blame you.”
“Your damn right. Alex, I love you, you’re my best friend, and I don’t regret doing what I did to help you. Although, I am sorry I ever got you involved with the problems of my past.”
“Don’t ever say that. You didn’t get me involved; I got myself involved because I couldn’t stand to see you hurting. Although, looking back on my previous actions, I’m not much better than those other guys. And for that, I will spend the rest of my life making up for that stupid ness.” I chuckled and rolled my eyes.
“That would mean that I would have to see you a lot more than I wanted to, so no thank you.”
“Well, does that mean you forgive me?” I sighed, and pulled my hand out of his grasp.
“Actually, no, that doesn’t. You betrayed me Alex, in more ways than one. Personally, it’s gonna take a lot more than saying your sorry to forgive you.”
“Would a dozen roses help?”
“Not on your life.”
“Oh, how about some chocolate?”
“Now you’re so cold.”
“A new ruby ring?”
“Now you’re talking my language. So, when are you taking me shopping?” He rolled his eyes and flopped down on my stomach again.
“Whenever you can get ready!” With that, I pushed him off my stomach, ran into my closet and was ready to go in two minutes.
“Okay, got your credit cards paid off?” He groaned, but smiled at me as he got off the bed.
“I love you Theresa.”
“I know Alex. And you can admit that I’m the best, all the way to the mall!”