- Text Size +
CHAPTER 11
“What can I do for you?” I glanced up as the door opened and smiled into amazing blue eyes. “Oh hell, it’s you.”
“Well, hello Theresa, it’s good to see you.” I leaned against the doorframe and crossed my arms, losing the smile that crossed my face.
“Hi.”
“May I come in?”
“Nope. If you want to talk, you can stay outside.” He glanced behind him and at the rain clouds coming in.
“Pretty soon it’s gonna start pouring you know.”
“Than I suggest you make whatever you have to say as quick as possible, don’t ya think?”
“Well, that would be the smart action to take.” With that I started closing the door, not needing his smart ass comments now. “Wait, I’m sorry.” That gave me a moments pause. I glanced up at him and shook my head, opening my door wider to allow him entrance. “Thank you.”
“Don’t be thanking me yet for I can still kick you out in that rain ya know.”
“I know, but the fact that you’re hearing me out is enough.”
“Make it quick Littrell.” He sighed and ran his fingers though his hair. Holy crap, when did that just turn me on? I gulped down the gasp and quickly turned around, making my way into the kitchen. “Would you like something to drink?” I opened the fridge and pulled out a soda, gasping as I turned around and found myself face to face with him.
“No, thank you.” I licked my lips and watched as he followed that movement.
“I believe you came to say something?”
“So I did.” His hands cupped my cheeks and his lips captured mine. Well, saying something indeed! I wrapped my arms around his waist, knowing that my kissing him was not the smartest move, but I had wanted it so badly. Breathless moments later we pulled away. He rested his head against my forehead and took a ragged breath. “I couldn’t help myself.”
“Neither could I. But that does not make up for the stunt you pulled.” He grabbed my hand, placing kisses on each finger tip.
“I’m sorry, Theresa. From the bottom of my heart, I’m sorry. I love you and for so long I had wanted to say that. But you were with AJ. I hated myself because it was wrong of me to feel that way. Yet, no matter what I did or what I thought, I couldn’t stop loving you. I was at the point that I was going to talk to AJ, and I think that’s why I dragged you up to his room, to confront him, to show him that I wanted to take care of you. And yet, it hurt, because none of you came forward with the truth.”
“For that Brian, I’m so sorry. I had wanted to time and time again, but neither one of them was ready. I kept telling them that they shouldn’t deceive you anymore, but as you can tell, they didn’t listen to me. The last thing I wanted was to hurt you, or any of the guys. When I had fallen in love with you, I figured I would be alone, because you weren’t going to betray your friend.”
“Oh, I think had I been given the chance two years ago, I wouldn’t have. Given the chance within the last six months, there was no doubt that I would have. When that chance came from that stupid Truth or Dare, I couldn’t have been happier.”
“Do you forgive me?”
“Only if you forgive me?” I stood up on my toes and pressed my lips against his, wrapping my arms once more around his waist. He pulled away and smiled, making me catch my breath. “Is that a yes?”
“Oh, you so know it.”

“Things okay now?” I turned and smiled at Kevin.
“Yeah. Things worked themselves out with Alex. Him and Nicky are talking about if they’re really ready to come out to the fans. I told them that rumors have been flying for a while, but neither believes me.”
“And Brian?”
“Brian is great. These last few days have been magical actually.”
“I’m glad. After all you’ve been through, you deserve happiness.”
“Well, you know what, you’re right. I guess that’s why I love those unsuspecting Sunday afternoons.”