- Text Size +
CHAPTER 2
I slipped quietly into the room, shutting the door behind me. I leaned back against it, and sighed. Tonight, with Brian, had been great. We watched the movie, he held me as I pressed my face into his shoulder and as I had glanced up, I saw something shimmer in those wonderful eyes, but it quickly disappeared. Even still, it hadn’t ruined the evening. We had watched another movie, and half way through that, we fell asleep, me resting against his chest and it was…pure bliss. It was him who woke us up and he offered me the bed while he slept on the couch, but I told him that it was best if I headed to my room. Hell and damnation, I could have done a lot of things tonight, and that was not a good thing. I sighed once more and glanced up as the bed room door opened.
“Hey there.” I smiled at Nick.
“Late night, I’m guessing?” Nick shrugged, but blushed all the same.
“You’re out sorta late.”
“Are you my keeper?”
“Well, no.”
“I feel asleep in Brian’s room. We were watching a movie and I guess it was just a long day.”
“Nothing happened?” I rolled my eyes and pushed away from the wall.
“Don’t worry Carter. I’ve protected your asses for the last year and a half, it won’t all of a sudden change. I still feel you should tell your boys though.”
“Come on Resa. You know what they’ll say.” I raised an eyebrow at that. I honestly felt that Nick nor AJ gave the rest of the guys much credit. Yeah, they would be stunned, but they would accept it. If they didn’t, they weren’t true friends.
“Well, it’s on you two, not me.” Nick pressed his lips against my cheek.
“You truly are an amazing friend.”
“Yeah, I know. Sweet dreams Carter.” He smiled and quietly slipped out of the room. I tossed my stuff on the couch and quietly made my way into the room to grab my pjs.
“Resa?”
“Go back to sleep Alex.”
“Where were you?” He sat up in bed and the sheet fell down to his waist. I gazed at the chest and had to laugh. Yeah, he was sexy, with a big S, and it was such a shame that he was not mine.
“I was at Brian’s.” He quickly jumped out of bed and I was happy to see he at least had his boxers on. He stopped right in front of me.
“You’re kidding.”
“Goodness, you and Nick think the same. Nothing happened. We watched a movie, we feel asleep. Damn, do you think I would hurt you?”
“No, but I know how you feel about him.”
“I can’t help it, I don’t get a relationship like the two of you!” Alex sat down on the bed and ran his fingers through his hair. He glanced up at me and tugged on my hand, pulling me down to sit on his lap.
“I’m sorry Resa, you know I am. I know you love Brian, and here I am, putting you in this position.”
“AJ, you are my best friend. You know I would do anything for you, like you’ve done for me.”
“I know, but you’re not happy, and you’re giving it up for me. That’s a lot to ask, even if I have saved your ass once or twice.” I rolled my eyes and had to smile. Yeah, he did, and there were just some occurrences though, that did not need to get mentioned. I kissed his cheek and smiled.
“Go back to sleep. It’s an early day tomorrow and you’ve been up half the night.”
“Join me?” I leaned back and looked at the bed, than looked at him. I made a face and shook my head.
“No thanks. I know what when on in this bed. I’ll take the couch.” He laughed and kissed my cheek, before I got off his lap and headed into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

I stared at my laptop, so completely wrapped up in my own world. Lately, I was thinking more and more of Brian, which, was putting me on very unsteady ground. I mean, after all, to everyone else, this was not a man that I was supposed to be liking. I heard a quick knock and realized that AJ wasn’t here. I set the laptop aside and opened the door, surprised to find D there.
“Hey there.”
“Hey.”
“Alex isn’t here.”
“I know. May I come in?” I stepped aside and let him into the hotel room.
“What’s up, D?” I plopped back down on the couch and sat Indian style.
“Do you love Alex?”
“Of course I do.” Hey, I wasn’t lying. I truly did, he was one of my best friends.
“Than why are you into Brian?”
“Pardon?”
“I’ve watched how you act around Brian. I’m just curious why you feel you have to watch Brian’s every move if you’re in love with your boyfriend.” Yikes, damn good point with no damn good comeback. I sighed and closed my eyes. Shit, talk about being put in a bind. Now, just what the hell was I supposed to say? And leave it to Alex to be gone.
“I don’t watch his every move.”
“Right.”
“Why are you watching me to begin with?”
“To be honest?”
“Would be nice D.”
“I’ve watched Alex been in and out of relationships quite a few times. This relationship with you is a lot different than his past ones.”
“Isn’t that a good thing, since he’s other relationships didn’t last?”
“Yes. I suppose it is. I’ve just seen Alex get his heart broken too many times. I don’t want to see it get broken by one of his best friends.” Ha, if they only knew the truth behind that statement.
“I’m telling you the whole truth with my whole heart. If anyone breaks anyone’s heart, it will not be me breaking his.”
“I have your promise?”
“Cross my heart and hope to die.” Howie nodded his head and stood up to go. At the door, he turned around glanced at me.
“I saw Nick and Alex leave, do you know where they went?”
“Couldn’t tell you. I was working on something and didn’t even know he was gone, to be honest. Do you find that odd?”
“I guess I shouldn’t, since they are close friends. They just seem to spend a lot of time together.”
“Howie, are you trying to imply something?”
“Of course not. Just stating a fact.” I closed the laptop and turned to him.
“A fact huh? It certainly sounds like to me, you’re fishing for information. Although, I can’t see why you would. Certainly have no idea what could be going through that little mind of yours.”
“Nothing, actually.” With that, he opened the door, right as Alex was about ready to slid in his card.
“Hey D.”
“Hi Age.” Alex slipped into the room and walked into the bedroom. “Not even a kiss?”
“Damn it, if you must know, we sorta got into it, happy? Damn, some things just don’t stay private, even on the road.”
“Sorry. I do need to talk to him. When he gets a chance, will you let him know that?”
“Of course Howie.” Howie nodded and slipped out of the room. I got off the couch and walked into the bedroom, watching AJ take off his shirt. “What’s wrong?” He jumped and quickly turned around.
“What do you mean?”
“You didn’t even say hi to me when you walked in today.”
“And?”
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing!”
“Alex, I’ve been your friend forever, you think I don’t know when something is wrong?”
“Look, it’s none of your business, okay?”
“Alexander…”
”Shut up already and mind your own business! Damn, not everything in my life concerns you, you know! Who the hell do you think you are if that’s the case?” With that, he grabbed his clean shirt and made his way into the bathroom. I sat down on the bed and stared at the closed door. Well, something did happen, but he wasn’t spilling, and I’m almost positive Nick wouldn’t tell. I sighed and made my way back to the couch and my laptop. These two men were adults, I really didn’t need to supervise they’re love lives anymore. If they were fighting, that was on them, certainly not on me!