- Text Size +
CHAPTER 8
“What’s on your mind Bri?” Brian glanced up and half smiled at Kevin.
“Nothing really.”
“Sure, wanna talk about it?”
“How do you know something is even wrong?”
“Dude, we’re family. I know you better than you think. Does this have anything to do with Resa?”
“How…never mind. Yes it does.”
“Oh, she told you the truth.”
“No, I saw the truth. Wait, she told you?”
“No. I’ve been watching those two for a while. I think D knows too.”
“Everyone but me.”
“What does it change, Brian?”
“I still love the guys. It hurts that they didn’t trust us enough to tell us though.”
“Yes, that is rather true. But you know damn good and well that is not what I’m referring to.”
“Kevin, I love her, but she lied to me. I mean, how could she do that? Why would she do that?” Kevin sighed, realizing all of the truth would have to be told.
“Bri, have a seat. Just a few days ago I learned the truth about her past. It’s not pretty, and the only constant factor thought it all has been AJ. And you have to remember that I shouldn’t be telling you this anyway.”
“It’s not like I’m going to run to her right now.” Kevin ran his hand over his face and shook his head.
“Why are you willing to let the woman you love, go? The one woman you can picture spending the rest of your life with?”
“Because she lied, damn it! Doesn’t that give you a moments pause?”
“Sit down and shut up. Do not utter another word until I get done telling you what she’s been through and what’s going on now. If after you hear all of it and still feel that she’s not the one for you, fine. But if you think you can forgive her, than I suggest you get on your phone and call her.” Brian nodded his head, very reluctant to hear what was about to be told. He couldn’t picture his heart ever forgiving her. Lies were the one thing he could not abide by.