- Text Size +
CHAPTER 9
Forty-five minutes later, he was wrong, dead wrong. He realized that as he was pounding on the door that held his enemy. To hear all of that, to hear what she gave up, only to have Alex be the asshole that he is! Although, he, himself, Brian, was not much better and he realized that.
“Damn Brian, will you please leave the door in tact.” Brian pushed open the door, seeing Nick sitting on the couch.
“I have a question for you AJ.”
“And that would be?”
“Do you want me to punch you now or later?” AJ took a step away from Brian, but gave him a strange look.
“What are you talking about man?”
“I just got done talkin’ to Kevin, and would you believe he told me every last thing about Resa, all the crap she’s been through. And yes, you were a good friend to stand by her, but than to say what you said.” Alex hung his head, not wanting to recall what all he said in his anger.
“Look man, I really don’t need you to make me feel bad.”
“Really? So, that leads me to my question, now or later?” With that, Brian stepped up into his face.
“Excuse me.” All heads turned to see Howie leaning against the door frame.
“What do you want D?”
“Why are you two fighting?”
“Because Alex is being a prick.”
“Okay Brian, he’s always a prick. Does this have to do with that hoe?”
“What hoe?”
“Theresa.” Both Alex and Brian turned to glare at Howie, but it was Brian who was ready to punch the smile off of D’s face.
“Call her that again.”
“Why are you defending her, you’re not her boyfriend.” Brian backed up a step, realizing that Howie didn’t know the situation, or maybe wasn’t sure would be better to put it.
“I’m not defending her.” Howie raised his eyebrow up at that and than made it a point to look at Alex than at Nick. “When were you going to tell us?” Both of their heads snapped up and glanced from Brian to Howie. “Kevin knows, Brian found out, and I just guessed. So, when were you gonna tell us?” Howie walked into the room and closed the door behind him, waiting for their answer. But neither AJ nor Nick was spillin’.
“You guys, it’s out in the open, now. So, how about we don’t keep any more secrets here?”
“We don’t know when we were going to tell you.”
“Did you not trust us?”
“It’s not that at all D. It’s hard, to be honest. I thought, well, we both thought, you wouldn’t accept us as we were. I mean, we’ve been a group for how long and now here’s this ground breaking news.”
“AJ, we’ve been friends for quite a while, you’re right about that. And it hurts a lot more that you lied than what it would have hurt if you just told us the truth.”
“You guys are okay with it?” Howie glanced over to Brian who shrugged.
“It takes getting used to, how’s that?”
“What about the fans?” All eyes turned to Nick.
“We don’t have to tell them, and as long as you two are careful, than they shouldn’t suspect anything,” Brian stated. AJ glanced at him and offered a smile.
“And what about Resa?”
“Well first of all, I think both you and I owe her a huge apology. And we’ll just tell the fans she fell in love with me and dumped your sorry ass.”
“My image!”
“Boy, if you were concerned about that, than you would not be dating Nicky there,” Howie said, smiling at the look that crossed Nick’s face.
“I resent that you know!”
“Of course we know Nick, that’s the fun of it!”
“Okay, let’s not get into it. Do you have any other bright idea Mister McLean?” Sadly, AJ shook his head, knowing he really didn’t. For once in her life, he wanted her happy. So, he was willing to be her best friend and let her date Brian, weather it destroyed him or not. And to be honest, if their fans loved them like they did, should it really matter if they were gay. Granted, many fantasies would be broken, along with plenty of hearts, but if you were true fans, than you were there for the music.
“Does anyone know where she is?”
“On a plane that’s about ready to land in Arizona,” Kevin said, peeking his head around the door.
“And you would know this how?” Brian asked.
“I’m the only one she’s not pissed at, so I’m the only one she’s talking to.”
“Why is she not mad at you?”
“Because I helped her leave.” All four guys just stared at Kevin. “What? I waited long enough for all of you to pull your heads out of your asses. I wasn’t gonna wait forever you know!”