- Text Size +
CHAPTER 10
Four hours later, I sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. Lately, my life had turned to shit. I was upset with my best friend, on the verge of killing him and all my dreams were dashed. Sure, at times we got along fine, but fine was not what I wanted. I sighed and closed my eyes. Did I want D to marry Leigh? No, but for lots of reasons. The last being that I loved him, had loved him, and I had done all I could to get his attention. But, perhaps it was time to move on. He made certain that he showed that he didn’t care for me in such a manner. I took a sip of my drink and sighed once more.
“That doesn’t sound good.” I rolled my eyes and shook my head.
“What can I do for you, Mr. Dorough.?”
“First, I want you to look at me.” I turned in my chair to look at him. His finger lifted my chin up so I met him eye to eye. Mentally, I shivered. His eyes always held such an erotic appeal for me and this time was certainly no different. “Much better. Now,” his hand grabbed mine and his thumb kept rubbing against the back of my hand. “Now,” his eyes held mine and within those depths I saw a hunger that was burning, a desire that was uncontrollable.
“Now what?” I managed to whisper out. His hand cupped my cheek, caressing the skin.
“Now all I wanna do is kiss you.” He leaned forward and his lips brushed mine, sending my mind reeling and my body floating.
“Don’t start something…”
“Hush.” Once more, his lips captured mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his arms encircled my waist. He pulled my body as tightly as he could against his. Someone moaned, causing us to pull away. He leaned his forehead against mine and smiled. “That was enjoyable.” I blushed and he quickly placed his lips against mine. “Your room or mine?” There was all kind of warning bells going off, knowing that this was very wrong, knowing that I was probably getting used, knowing that he or I would regret this come the morning light, but right now, being held in his arms, I just didn’t care. Screw what tomorrow would bring, I was living for the now of it.
“Mine.” I slid off the chair, caught Nick on the dance floor with some girl. He turned in my direction and winked. I winked back and nodded my head. He smiled and turned his attention back to the girl. I knew the room was mine for the night. Howie placed his hand upon my back and we headed back to my room. I slid the key in, all of sudden feeling so wrong about this.
“Come here.” I walked into his arms and got lost in the scent of him. Oh, I wanted so many things, but above all us, I had to cherish tonight, for there was no doubt in my mind I would not have another one like it. His lips trailed over my eyes, my cheeks and finally on my lips. I wrapped my arms around his waist, sliding my fingers up underneath his shirt and running them down his back. His hands were fumbling with the back of my dress and in a hurry; he just yanked it, sending many buttons flying in all directions. I pulled away, clutching the dress to my breasts.
“Hey, this was a gift.”
“From?”
“An ex boyfriend.”
He growled and I smiled. “Than it’s worthless. Come here.” An evil glint entered my eye as I walked another step away. I slowly started working the dress down and over my hips, watching his reaction the whole time. I smirked to myself, loving the few expressions that crossed his face. Once I had it off, I tossed it aside and slowly removed the bra, throwing at Howie as I ran over to the bed. He tore his shirt off and jumped on top of me. “Hm, I like this position.” My hand cupped the back of his neck and pulled him down for a kiss, one that was passion filled and one that lasted the rest of the night.