- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is a rather short story based on one my favorite songs! Hope you guys like it!
CHAPTER 1
Night after night, day after day, I see him. Just like he sees me. There’s trouble brewing with a capital T. Why? Because he’s, well, he’s Nick Carter. I’m plain ol’ Theresa. You don’t mix the two. I’ve known him for so long, years, and we don’t mix, never got along. Yet, he holds this sexual attraction that I can’t seem to shake. I’ve been through two boyfriends, one lover and still can’t fight him. He’s been through numerous lovers and numerous girlfriends and yet, he’s still searchin’ for something too. I always thought it was me, yet I refuse to believe that as well. I sighed as I sat down upon the couch. Mentally, physically, this chase was tiring, draining the life out of me. See, I wasn’t anything more than a family member to one of his friends. And since I first met him, we were at each other’s throats. Perhaps because we were the same age so we grew up together.

“You awake?” My eyes traveled up his body and rested on his ocean color eyes. Oh, though I hated him, I knew just how lethal those eyes could be.

“I’m fine.”

“Just making sure. You’re uncle would like you to stay awake for his wedding.”

“My uncle will see his niece just fine. Sides, Uncle Howie has been married before, it won’t be anything new.” Nick raised an eyebrow at that. “Oh, go fuck yourself.”

“Touchy aren’t you?”

“Whenever I’m around you, yes!” I got off the couch and went to pass him when his arm closed around my upper arm. I felt the shock leap from his touch and shivered as it ran down my spine. Goodness, that couldn’t be good, could it?

-----
I saw the fear in her eyes. Hell, I could feel the same damn thing in me. It was shocking to say the least. I hated her. She annoyed me, yet I tolerated her because she was family. Or, so I liked to believe. ‘Her lips trembled and all I wanted to do was cover them with mine.’ Hell and damnation, where the fuck did that thought come from? I released her just as quickly as I grabbed her.

“Did you want to say anything else?”

“No.”

“Than why stop me Nick?”

“Honestly, Theresa, I don’t know. I wanted to say something, yet I forgot.” I shrugged off the comment, hoping she would leave. She nodded her head and quickly turned on her heel. Damn, she could drive me crazy! Wanted to pull my hair out when I was around her. She went over to talk to AJ and I watched her. She was so at ease with him. ‘What I wouldn’t give to have her be like that with me.’ I frowned as that thought ran through my mind too. Where the hell were these thoughts coming from? I didn’t like her, never could. She would always be that annoying little girl I met when I was what, 13? 14? Yet, as I watched her laugh and place her hand on AJ’s arm, I felt a jealous tremor run up my spine. Wait, not jealous, I couldn’t feel jealous. “Damn,” I mumbled underneath my breath.