- Text Size +
CHAPTER 2
~*~ I've been meaning to tell you/ I've got this feelin' that won't subside/ I look at you and I fantasize/ You're mine tonight/ Now I've got you in my sights/ With these hungry eyes/ One look at you and I can't disguise/ I've got hungry eyes/ I feel the magic between you and I ~*~

“Stop using me Theresa.”

“How dare you AJ. I’m not using you.”

“You’re making Nick brew over there. He’s been staring at you all evening and every time you touch me, his hands clench into a fist.”

Theresa turned around and stared at the young man. His blonde locks were falling over his eyes and with an impatient hand, he kept moving them back. ‘God, I would love to run my fingers through those silk locks.’ What the hell, no way. Not this again. My thoughts could not be straying in that area. He was off limits, totally off limits. Uncle Howie would have my ass if I thought of dating one of his friends. Yet, I watched as he laughed, his eyes crinkling up at the sides. ‘He was so damn good looking.’ I sighed, finally knowing the truth. Behind all the chasing and the yelling and the screaming, all the fights, I loved him. Have loved him. And now, I couldn’t do anything or say anything because he couldn’t know. He would only laugh at me, probably joke about it and than use it against me. It wasn’t possible for him to feel the same way.

-----
I could feel someone watching me, and I prayed it wasn’t her. I slowly turned around, catching her and seeing the torment in her brown eyes before she masked it up. ‘I can kiss all those pains away.’ Oh, those damn thoughts were going to be the death of me tonight. I saw her frown and it was than that I got slammed with an outrageous feeling. I would give my soul up to see her smile all the time. No frowns to appear on her face, no pains appearing in her brown eyes. Damn, I’ve fallen in love with this woman. Head over heels in love and I couldn’t tell her. Why? Perhaps because it would betray me. She would laugh, be cruel. Trample on my feelings.

“Oh, man, stop looking at my niece like you want to kill her.” I turned to D and smiled.

“No, not kill her bro.”

“Just date her?” I raised a brow in question and he laughed. “We all knew it but you two.”

“What do you mean, us two?”

“Perhaps you should talk to her, it might be better.” He shoved me in her direction and I took a deep breath.