- Text Size +
CHAPTER 3
~*~ I wanna hold you so hear me out/ I wanna show you what love's all about/ Darlin' tonight/ Now I've got you in my sights/ With these hungry eyes/ One look at you and I can't disguise/ I've got hungry eyes/ I feel the magic between you and I/ I've got hungry eyes/ Now I've got you in my sights/ With those hungry eyes/ Now did I take you by surprise/ I need you to see/ This love was meant to be ~*~

“Dance with me?” Her eyes locked with mine and she nodded her head, placing her hand within mine. My arms snaked around her waist and she felt so right. This was right, she was my better half. I sighed and rested my cheek on top of her head.

“What’s wrong Nick?” How to tell her, how to ask her?

“Theresa, do you ever wonder what’s pushing us to always be mad at each other? To always want to argue?” She quickly sucked in some air and I was shocked. Could she possibly be thinking the same thing, feeling the same thing? I couldn’t be alone in my thoughts, could I?

“Of course I wonder. I mean, you’ve hated me for so long. Who wouldn’t wonder?” I pulled away and looked into her eyes. I shook my head, a smile appearing on my face. “What’s going on Nick?”

“Oh Theresa.”

“What? Something is bothering you and I demand to know what’s going on. Damn it Nick, you’re scaring me.” My heart turned over again as I looked at her. Yes, fallen completely in love with her. And each day we were together, would be wonderful. She could never bore me, never truly annoy me.

~*~ I've got hungry eyes/ One look at you and I can't disguise/ I've got hungry eyes/ I feel the magic between you and I/ I've got hungry eyes/ Now I've got you in my sights/ With those hungry eyes/ Now did I take you by surprise/ With my hungry eyes/ I need.../ Hungry eyes/ Now I've got you in my sights/ With my hungry eyes ~*~

“It’s not that I hate you Theresa. I don’t think I ever did. I think it was me trying to deny what I’ve known all along.” I frowned at him. Okay, this was beyond odd. He did not know my thoughts. He did not share my feelings. Nick Carter hated me, and I knew that. Everyone in the God damn room knew it. Why was he lying…oh, he found out. This was all a sick game to him. “Would you stop looking as if I’m about to murder you in plain view?”

“I don’t understand Nick.” His hands clasped on my shoulders and I shivered.

“Since I’ve first seen you, I’ve wanted you Theresa. I thought it was anger fueling my feelings, but it wasn’t. It was love. Oh, I wanted to deny it because, it wasn’t right. We were young, BSB was just getting started. I didn’t have time for you, a girlfriend. And as the years went by, it was natural to betray myself, my feelings.”

“Can we please back this up to you saying you love me? Because, I’m not sure I understand that Nick. I mean…” I trailed off as his lips captured mine. ‘Oh, those lips, they were deadly, there were mean…they were stopping all thought process at the moment.’

“Now, as I was saying…”

“What the hell were you saying?” He laughed and once again, I felt the pressure of his lips. ‘Oh, damn, I’m gonna die. Death by kissing me, I can….there goes the mind.’ “You know, if you don’t stop Nick, I’m gonna forget what two plus two equals.” He laughed and cupped my cheek.

“Does that mean you love me too?”

“That means you’re gonna be the death of me Nick. But yes, I do love you too.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head upon his chest. ‘So perfect, so wonderful...’

“I could sneak up to your room in five minutes and show you how much I love you.” ‘…so there’. I quickly smirked, turned and fled. Damn his hungry eyes.

~ Hungry Eyes by Eric Carmen