- Text Size +
CHAPTER 1
I leaned against the tree and let out a deep breath.
“Tired?”
“Why in the hell did we move? For what reason?”
“Cause you always wanted to live in this part of town.”
“Well, why didn’t you just say ‘no baby, let’s not move, it’s to much work’?”
“Cause I love you and would do anything for you.” He smiled and leaned over and kissed my lips softly.
“Man, she’s got you wrapped around that little finger.”
“AJ, man, what’s up?”
“Nothing Brian. You didn’t tell me you were movin’.”
“Well, my girlfriend wanted to. Theresa, AJ.”
“Oh, the famous Resa. Hey.” I smiled at him, our eyes locking for a brief moment.
“Hi AJ.”
“Wonder when I would get the pleasure. Seems he wants to keep you tied up.”
“Not quite so. I just know you man. You would go after her.” AJ just laughed and shook his head.
“Not like that bro.”
“Sorry fellas, we have to move the rest of this shit in Bri.”
“I know, gonna help man?”
“Do I get something out of it?”
“I’ll buy you dinner,” I said, tossing the remark over my shoulder.
“I’d rather have a home made meal!”
“Unless you want it burnt man, forget it. She don’t know how to cook.” AJ just watched the retreating back and smiled to himself.

I leaned my head on the table and looked at the two men. So very different and yet so much the same. It was funny how I came to know Brian. I was walking through this small little store and ran my cart into his. He got really upset, which only told me something was on his mind, his current divorce from Leighanne. I couldn’t stop apologizing and to get me to shut up, he asked me out to dinner that night. I remember stepping back, looking at him as if he lost his mind. That started this current relationship. We had been dating for a little less than four months and Brian had complete custody of their son. As for why AJ didn’t know me? The Backstreet Boys took a much needed year vacation with plans to meet back in the studio, if everything was still okay.
“Earth to Resa.” I snapped out of my day dream and smiled at Brian.
“I’m sorry. Just thinking, what’s up?”
“Nothing, just wanted to know why you were staring at us.” I bite my lip and looked down at my plate.
“Just thinking of you two. Anyway, here comes the food.” AJ just shook his head and Brian smiled. ‘Not fair to be sitting at the same table with two very fine men.’

“Son of a bitch, damn thing!”
“Need help?” I turned and looked at AJ, wiping my bangs out of my eyes.
“Can you stop this hose from running the water, please?” He walked over to it and with his strength, yanked the hose off.
“There ya go.” I just rose an eyebrow at him.
“Show off.”
“You asked me to do it.”
“But not so damn easily.” I laughed as he just gave me the ‘what the fuck’ look. “Would you like something to drink?”
“Yeah, what do you have?” I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.
“Um, lemonade, a wine cooler, soda.”
“Lemonade is fine.” I nodded my head, pulling out the jug and some glasses. “Where’s Brian?”
“Oh, had something to do or other. It was gonna take him till sometime tonight to finish.”
“And the boy?”
“Day care. Brian dropped him off so that I could fix up the house.” For the first time, AJ took in the house. The boxes all put away and everything decorated.
“You did all this today?”
“And last night. I have a hard time sleeping at night, so I function off of a few hours of sleep. Brian tends to find it rather annoying, but I often tell to let it go.”
“How is that you and him go so strong, you two are so different.”
“Yeah, but I guess we just learn to deal with. I mean, I try to behave myself and he tries not to be a tight ass all the time.” AJ just laughed.
“That’s him.”
“You know, I do hope you all get back together.”
“Why?”
“Cause I love listening to you guys. God, I was a huge fan, well, still am a huge fan.”
“And you’re how old?”
“Oh, so now I have to be a certain age to like good music?” AJ just shook his head, hiding his smiled behind the glass as he took a sip.
“I’m actually itching to go back into the studio.”
“So why don’t you? Do something under AJ or Johnny?”
“I don’t know, never had that much support I guess. I mean, I know the guys wouldn’t mind.”
“Fan wise than?”
“Something like that.”
“I loved Johnny, he was so damn cute! And sexy, damn! But he never came to tour where I used to live.”
“Which was?”
“Arizona.”
“I had made plans.”
“You need to make another album. I’d go out and buy it.”
“Promise?”
“I cross my heart,” I said, crossing it with my finger. He just laughed. “You like laughing at me, don’t you?”
“No, but you make me laugh.” I smiled and nodded my head.
“Than I’m glad, my days work is done.”