- Text Size +
CHAPTER 2
“I’m home!”
“In the studio Bri,” I hollered back to Brian. I smiled as the door opened and he stepped in.
“Hey you two.” I got up from my chair and wrapped my arms around him, my lips finding his. “Missed you Resa.”
“Missed you too Bri Bear. AJ wanted to go back to the studio, so I told him too. We’re just fooling around now.”
“Sounds fun.” Brian slapped AJ’s hand and took my chair, pulling me down on his lap.
“It is.” AJ checked his watch. “Damn, didn’t know it was that late. I shall leave you two alone, gotta go met up with D.”
“Tell him he has to stop by, see the new place, met the new girl.”
“You know, does Nick know about you two?”
“Nope, Nick has been off doing his own thing. Haven’t gotten a hold of him in a while. Kevin knows though, he likes her, says she’s funny.”
“That she is.”
“Excuse me, can we please stop talking like I’m not here,” I said, rolling my eyes.
“And such a drama queen.”
“Oh, fuck you AJ.”
“Resa!”
“Sorry Brian.” I bite my lip and glared at AJ and at his smile.
“Later you two.”
“Bye.” I turned to Brian and smiled.
“What are you smiling at?”
“Just missed you is all.”
“Hmm,” he said, taking my hand in his, “I missed you too.” His lips once again found mine. His arms slowly lifted me up and we found somehow found our way to our room.

“What’s on your mind?” I glanced up and smiled at AJ.
“Well, you actually.”
“Me?”
“Yes, I was thinking about you and recording, wondering if you were really gonna go for it?”
“You gonna help and support me?”
“Of course.”
“Than, yes, I’ll go for it.”
“Great.” I smiled and closed my eyes, going back to getting my sun tan.
“You know, what does Brian think of those tattoos you have?”
“Um, well, he’s not very happy with them nor with the piercings. But I won’t remove them. I just promised I wouldn’t get anymore, or no more big ones.”
“I still can not figure out why you’re with him.”
“Because I do love him. He’s one of the best boyfriends I ever had.” AJ just laughed and I smiled. “Why, should I dump him for you?”
“Well, since you asked, yes you should.” I glanced at him sharply. Was he serious? Dump Brian for AJ? “It wouldn’t be the first time.”
“That someone dumped the good guy for the bad guy?”
“What a way to put it.” I just rolled my eyes at him. “So, what are your plans today?”
“Sun bathe. I need a freakin’ sun tan. This Mexican girl looks like a white girl.”
“You’re Mexican?”
“Half anyways.” I relaxed once again.
“Well, I will let you go. Is Brian gonna be gone tonight?”
“Yeah, won’t be back till sometime tomorrow evening actually.”
“Business?”
“Yeah.”
“Wanna have dinner with me tonight?” I looked up at him, covering my eyes from the sun.
“I would love too.”
“Great, pick you up around six than. Dress nice.”
“Yes sir.” He laughed and left me once again alone.

“And than, he just stopped singing. We couldn’t help but laugh at him as he forgot the words to the song. He was so embarrassed, but it was so damn funny.” I just couldn’t stop laughing as AJ kept telling me stuff about the guys.
“I didn’t know Brian could forget.”
“He did. He was more than pissed at us too for laughing and not helping him out. The fans didn’t mind though.”
“That’s a good thing too.” I took a sip of wine and just smiled at AJ. Okay, so a fast forming friendship had happened. AJ and I had gotten close. In fact, every time he was around, I could feel little butterflies in my stomach. Now, I was a writer and knew what that feeling meant, but I couldn’t grasp the simple idea. I mean, I loved Brian and yet, I was more than attracted to one of his best friends. It wasn’t a fair game. If only I had met AJ under different circumstances.
“You still with me?”
“Yeah, just thinking.”
“About?” Okay, so up until now, I had not lied to him. Well, maybe I shouldn’t lie. After all, didn’t he make it clear how he felt this afternoon?
“You actually.”
“Me?”
“Yes.”
“What about me?” I sighed, a way of buying time and getting the courage.
“Can I ask you a question. And I want an honest answer Age.” He just nodded his head and I took a deep breath. “How do you feel about me?”
“I think you’re a wonderful friend.”
“That’s it?” We locked eyes and somehow, we were both searching for each other hands.
“I like you, more than just a friend. Hell, you’re everything I wanted in a lover. Honesty, trustworthy, know how to be serious but yet know to be laid back, just nearly as crazy as I am, smart, and just plain beautiful.” ‘God, now I know I could not just walk away from him.’ His hand cupped my cheek and slowly our heads moved closer, our lips barely touching. ‘Damn, he can kiss and that was a stupid peck,’ my mind screamed at me. The shiver ran down my spine, my head felt dizzy, my heart was pounding and my stomach was doing flip flops, all sure signs I should not be enjoying that. Well, hell, I shouldn’t even be doing that, but damn, it just felt to good to pull away. “Did you just happen to feel that?”
“You mean, the never wrecking the kiss? The earth shattering peck?”
“Yeah, something to that effect.”
“Yes, than I think I did.”
“And just what does that mean?” I bite my lip and looked at him.
“I don’t know Age.” He grabbed my hand and kissed it.
“You can’t tell him?”
“I don’t know how to tell him.” I just shook my head, not knowing what I needed to do.
“Shall I take you home?”
“I’m sorry, but now, I think I’m gonna be poor company.”
“Somehow, I just truly doubt that.” I smiled at him, grateful he wasn’t making a big deal about our feelings.