- Text Size +
CHAPTER 5
~*~ Uh-uh-uh-uh/ I see a lot in your look and I never say a word/ I know how n****s start actin’ trippin’, and hate up all the girls/ And there’s no way Nelly go for it/ Ain’t f***in’ with no dame, as you could see/ But I-I like your steeze, your style, your whole demeanor/ The way you come through and holler, and swoop me in his two-seater/ Now that’s gangsta and I got special ways to thank ya, don’t you forget it / But it ain’t that easy for you to back up and leave him/ But you and me we got ties for different reasons/ I respect that and right before I turned to leave/ She said, “You don’t know what you mean to me,” come on ~*~

I printed out the last pages and with the pen in my mouth, walked around the room, reading over the writing, editing what I had too. I dropped down on the couch as I scratched out something and rewrote and I heard someone laugh.
“Sounded better the other way.” I looked up at Alex and smiled.
“Thank you for that vote, but I think it sounds good this way.”
“Suit yourself, you’re the writer.”
“Right, and what I say goes.” He smiled at me.
“Does he ever read your writing?” I glanced at AJ and than over at the TV. Had Brian ever read my work? No, he said romance bored him. I let him read certain stuff, but he would just make a face and handed the papers back and said it sounded good. AJ, on the other hand, I caught him reading my latest book. In fact, the other day I was having lunch with him and noticed he owned a few of my books.
“No, he doesn’t.”
“That’s to bad for him. He could have learned a lot about you.”
“What do you mean?” He grabbed my hand and gently kissed each finger.
“I know you put yourself in the characters. Your stories express you very nicely. That’s why I like your writing. You have such detail in your stories, I get lost just picturing it. Of course, you’re the only romance writer I have in my library.” I laughed at that simple comment.
“Thank you. You’re amongst the first to notice that. Even my publisher has yet to figure that out.”
“So, what is this?”
“This is how I’m telling Brian it’s over. It’s a story about the three of us.” He just looked at me and I took a deep breath. He could object but yet I knew he wouldn’t.
“Hey you two.” I smiled up at Brian and leaned back against his chest as he sat behind me. I dropped the papers to my lap and he glanced quickly at them, reading a few lines.

~*~ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ Boy, you know I’m crazy over you/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ You know I’m crazy over you/ Sing it for me, K/ I love and I need you/ Nelly, I love you, I do/ And it’s more than you’ll ever know/ Boy, it’s for sure/ You can always count on my love/ Forever more, yeah, yeah ~*~

Before I could stop him, he snatched up the papers and I watched as his eyes read over the writing. I heard him suck in a breath as I realized he read it all.
“This is the story idea you had Theresa?”
“Yes.”
“Sounds very much like real life.” I glanced at AJ and than turned towards Brian. No use in denying it now.
“It is. In fact, that’s how I’m feeling right now.”
“And I take it this about all of us? You falling in love with my friend over there?” he asked, nodding his head towards AJ.
“Yes, it is.”
“I don’t believe you. This is why I didn’t want you two to met damn it. AJ, you can’t keep anything to yourself can you?”
“Hey now, don’t start in on me Brian.”
“Why not? You slept with the woman I loved.”
“Brian, stop. Think about what you’re saying. Do you honestly love me?” He stopped talking and stared at me.
“Are you saying I don’t?”
“In a sense, yes, I am. You know, I think we hooked up for the wrong reasons. I was good with James and after Leighanne, you need someone to love, someone to be by you, and I was perfect for the job. The divorce wasn’t even final before we fell in love and got together. I think you still care for her, but I don’t think you were ready to fall in love. As for me, you treated me so well. After my last boyfriend, how could I say no to you? You were prefect, but we were different. You were the good kind and you can’t deny that. I like being crazy, being unique and you and I both know it was something you weren’t too fond of.”
“So, where does that leave us?” I just looked at him and smiled.
“That leaves us as friends. Which, is really what we were. We both know it would have ended at some point in time. I wasn’t quite what you needed and you weren’t what I needed.” He sighed and hung his head. I bite my lip, not even knowing AJ left.
“I’m sorry to see it end though.”
“Don’t be. Just think, I helped you to move on and you helped me.”
“How?”
“You taught me there were still good guys left in the world.” He smiled and I smiled back. I softly kissed his lips and moved back. “I’m going to go.”
“You want the house?”
“No, I think I have another one. I do love you Brian.”
“And I love you too Theresa.” I waved and left the house, walking down to the house I knew so very well.