- Text Size +
CHAPTER 3
I tossed on my side, yet the dream came back. I rolled onto my back, praying this dream would end, yet it didn’t. I awoke with a start, a scream escaping from my lips. I let my eyes adjust to the dark and heard my bedroom door open.

“Resa?” I placed D’s voice and saw him moving to the bed. “You okay?” I took a couple deep breaths still that damn dream haunting me.

“I just, this man, his was running after me, trying to kill me. He knocked me down and tied me up and did….did…” I trailed off as tears started running down my face.

“Shh baby girl, I’m here, no one is going to hurt you. I promise. It’s a vow I took. No one will harm you.” He rubbed my back, hushing the sniffles away and rubbing the tears gone. I stayed like that long after the last tear was shed. He held me so carefully.

“Please stay with me tonight?” He only nodded his head and got under the covers. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and pulled my back against his chest. I laid there, hearing his soft breathing knowing he wasn’t asleep quite yet. My mind kept going over the words he said. He spoke so sweet, even called me baby girl. Maybe he was still half asleep. I turned in his arms and he held me tighter.

“Please, don’t move. I love just holding you.”

“I just wanted to turn around.” He let me go a little and I turned on my other side, smiling at me. “Much better.”

“Why do you say that?” I ran my fingers down his cheek and smiled.

“Cause I like this face.” I pressed my lips softly against his cheek.

“Really now? Don’t find me repulsive?” I smiled at him.

“I don’t think I really ever did.”

“But you didn’t find me handsome?”

“I didn’t like your personality.”

“How can you not like the Sweet D?”

“I suppose I never thought you were that. After our first meeting, I truly hated you. Made it my up most effort to be a bitch to you.”

“Ahh, so you’re not really the Ice Queen?” I just laughed, my nails running over his arms.

“Sometimes. But, no, mostly not.”

“Oh, we’re getting personal.”

“I’m sorry Howie. I’ve have been nothing but a pain in your ass and there was no reason for me to be one.”

“Yes there was. We hated each other.”

“You really hated me that much?”

“I loathed you and everything about you.” I pulled back from him. “But that doesn’t mean I think that now. Now, I find you to be one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever had the honor to met.” I smiled, not realizing that was the Sweet D charm he was using. His lips softly brushed against mine. His body fit so right against mine and I smiled. Maybe this just might work.

-----
Okay, so I thought for one brief moment we would work! FUCK NO. Not with his big mouth telling everyone we slept together. Just great! Didn’t want the whole fuckin’ world knowing. I sighed, waiting for him to get home. I sat on the couch, my arms crossed of my chest. I heard the key turn and he walked in. I looked at him and he smiled.

“How fuckin’ dare you Howard?” He froze in his tracks and just looked at me. “And wipe that fuckin’ smirk off your face!”

“What did I do?”

“Kathy calls me up today, telling me that she’s surprised I slept with you.”

“So?”

“You fuckin’ told everybody.”

“Well, no, they saw the smirk. Well, I can’t help it. It’s been a while.”

“Fuck you Howard.”

“Didn’t we already do that?” I glared at him and walked out the door, slamming it behind me. “Where you going?”

“OUT!”