- Text Size +
Chapter 11
***********************************
I leaned back, and rested the back of my head on the couch. Talk about watching you life going to hell. And in all truth, I truly had no one to blame but myself on this one. Theresa left, officially, two days ago and the house was just beyond quiet. I mean, it was huge for two, it was worse for one. I tried calling Resa, but she wouldn’t pick up. Hell, I didn’t even know where she was.
“Hey guys?” I opened my eyes to find Terri walking in. Oh, not good. I mean, I was alone, and almost single, she was alone, and well, not single.
“Here, Terri.”
“Where’s Resa, I sorta need to talk to her?”
“Well, your guess is as good as mine. In fact, if you see her, tell her I would like to talk to her.”
“Brian, what do you mean?”
“Two days ago, Resa and I sorta got into it and we established the fact that we weren’t meant to be together, or something to that effect. So, she walked out, said she was staying in a hotel. Haven’t heard from her since, and I’ve called her cell numerous times.”
“Are you tellin’ me you two are splitting?”
“No, not for sure yet. We’re just, sorta, well, separated for the time. Resa thinks I don’t love her anymore.”
“You told me the other day that was true, or almost true. Brian, when you met her, what made you fall in love with her?”
“The fact that she was both an angel and a devil. That’s she’s smart, funny, charming, yet stubborn. That she could cuss a mile wide, than turn beet red because she did.” Terri sat down and smiled. Damn, she was beautiful.
“It sounds like you might still love her.” I sighed and closed my eyes. Okay, part of my still loved her, that I knew. And maybe, part of me will always love her. But, the bigger part was falling in love with someone else. Was it even humanly possible to love two women at the same time?
“Terri, there will always be a place in my heart for Resa. But you know what, I’m starting to think that the place is just getting smaller. That my heart is starting to like someone else.” Terri looked away and I saw the frown.
“You can’t keep saying things like that Brian. I mean it. I’m in love with my husband and you are in love with your wife. Sure, we are attracted to each other, but, that’s it.” She stopped her lecture and stared off into space.
“Terri? Hello?” I waved my hand in front of her face and after a few seconds she snapped her eyes towards mine.
“I can’t do the surgery.” My eyes opened wide and I felt my heart plummet. Damn it, there truly went all shots of having kids with Theresa.
“Wow.”
“But, Brian, what if we could kill two birds with one stone?”
“Okay, I’m listening.”
“It’s obvious we want each other, what if the only way I could get pregnant was to be that one and only way?” My eyes blazed at the idea. A chance with Terri, and a chance to save my marriage. That was an amazing deal. Of course, it hadn’t dawned me just yet that it was certainly a deal with the devil himself. “Do you think they would go for it?” I got up off the couch and walked to the window, trying to think this through.
“Howie loves you without a doubt, right? He would do anything to make you happy?”
“Of course,” was her too quick reply.
“And Theresa wants kids. I know she loves me and if we can save our marriage, well, I can’t see why they wouldn’t go for it.” Terri jumped and ran to give me a huge hug. I lifted her in my arms and spun her around, realizing just how right she truly felt. I quickly put her down, but my arms could not let go of her. She smiled up at me and my head descended, my lips touching hers, and at that sweet moan, I crushed her body against mine. Damn, she felt so good, so…not good, actually. Not yet. If I was going to have Terri, it was not going to be without full consent. I pulled away, and her eyes fluttered open. She quickly stepped out of my embrace, grabbed her purse and opened the front door.
“I’ll call Resa. We’ll set up a time we can talk about all of this, okay?” I nodded my head and watched her leave. I love Resa, and I only love Resa. With that thought running through my mind, I stepped over to the DVD player, looking for the recording of our wedding. Maybe that would help some what.

“Brian?” She poked her head in and I glanced up, smiling.
“Hey sexy.” I walked over to her and kissed her cheek.
“What’s going on?” I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her up against me.
“Why are you asking?”
“Because Terri called me, said we were having dinner over here cause she needed to talk, rather, you two needed to talk to Howie and I.”
“We do, Theresa. So, I’m making dinner.” She pulled out of my embrace, and leaned against the wall, crossing her arms over her chest. I saw her smile and sniff the air.
“At least you haven’t burned the house down yet.”
“I take offense to that. You know I can cook.”
“When you want too, dang it.” She turned her head slightly, hearing the car engine stop. “I’m guessing our guests.”
“But of course. Now, will you be a good wife and go meet them?” She rolled her eyes but made her way to the front door. I took a swig of the beer, giving me as much liquid courage as I could get.
“Hey there man,” Howie said as he came into the kitchen, holding his wife’s hand.
“Hey D, hey Terri.” I shook D’s hand and gave Terri a quick hug.
“Can I get you anything to drink?” Theresa asked as she opened up the fridge.
“Actually, babe, there’s a bottle of wine. Would you open that please?” She quickly glanced at me and I smiled. Yeah, this was one hell of a special occasion.
“Wine, huh? Dang, babe, I feel like honored guests,” Terri said, pulling out a seat at the table.
“But of course you are. And I hope no one minds lasagna. I made that, the bread and the salad.” Theresa leaned against the counter and stared. Oh yeah, she must have known something was up.
“Can I help with something, Brian?”
“Yeah, if you wanna start serving up the salad, that would be helpful, Terri.”
“I’m gonna put on a cd.” I turned as Resa sat the bottle of wine on the counter top and went out into the living room. I closed my eyes and said a silent prayer that this went as planed. Of course, it could all blow up and I could lose my wife, but I loved her, I truly did, and we really had to get all problems out of the way now, in order to even go on.