- Text Size +
Chapter 14
How utterly horrible did he sound? This was always about Brian. Brian wanted the kids, Brian wants Terri. And here I am, giving him my heart, my soul, and at this point in time, that was just not enough. Fine, if he wanted her, let him have her. But, I was not going to be alone that night! Yeah, right. Who the hell was I kidding? I couldn’t cheat on him. I loved him too much, cherished him too much. His lips brushed my arm, his hands caressing my thighs, when the hell did his hands get up there? Damn it, talk about smooth talking someone.
“Brian.”
“Hush, just, let me enjoy this.” His lips moved along my neck, and a small moan escaped. Oh, my body was betraying my mind! How dare it. I closed my eyes, felt his breath against my lips, and felt his wonderful lips against mine. My arms wrapped around his waist and his fingers entangled in my hair. I pulled away, long enough to catch my breath, but to ask a very serious question.
“Just what are you doing?” I asked, realizing what could be going through his mind.
“Enjoying the moment.”
“We have guests, you are not supposed to be enjoying anything, actually.”
“They know we’re talking, and of course, some kissing and caressing is involved.”
“Yes, that I can understand, but it seems to me that you have gone way beyond that.”
“Hmm, and if it really bothered you, you truly would have stopped me, we both know that.”
“Fine, but I’m serious…”
“Let’s go for a swim.” I glanced up into those ocean blue eyes and just about lost it. It certainly seemed like forever since I saw that gleam in his eye. I froze, half tempted to take him up on that offer, but the other half knowing that if anything was to happen, it would be very improper hostess rules. “Don’t think about it!” With that, Brian pulled away and yanked his shirt off. I gazed at him and had to gasp. Damn him, he still had me staring at him. “Although, I love you staring, are you getting in?” He pulled of his shoes and jeans and dove into the pool. I glanced into the living room, seeing no Terri or D. I pulled my clothes off and jumped into the pool. I surfaced right in front of him and had to smile.
“Didn’t think I would?”
“Wasn’t certain, how’s that?” he asked as his hands slipped around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his. “I think I like this skinny dipping thing.”

“Are you gonna talk?” Howie pulled the seat out and sighed.
“Yes, let’s talk. Let’s discuss how betrayed I feel or how very wrong this is.”
“You thought it was a good idea to help out our friends.”
“I’m not denying that. I just don’t recall suggesting it like this.” This time, it was Terri’s turn to sigh. Yes, she understood what it meant, better yet, she knew exactly what he meant.
“It’s not my fault…”
“You right, it’s not, but the problem is that you want him, Terri. You are supposed to my wife, love only me…”
“I do love only you Howie. You are the only one I ever loved.”
“Then what’s up with Brian?”
“Brian, he’s, well,” she glanced over at Howie and closed her eyes. “I’m not sure how to explain it to make sense.” Howie crossed his arms and leaned back in the chair.
“Start tryin’, because I’m really curious,” Howie said, watching Terri. She ran her hand through her hair and let out a long breath.
“I guess the best way to sum it up would be that…I don’t know, I just, or rather, it was just lust. It just happened. I don’t know how. It was just one kiss and than I couldn’t stop thinking about that, and it just grew.” Howie closed his eyes, not exactly understanding how from one kiss it grew to such full grown lust. “I know it’s not making sense, it doesn’t make sense to me either.”
“And after the one night? Will that be enough to satisfy you or I’m gonna be living with a wife who wants to screw another man?”
“That’s not fair Howie.”
“No, the shit your doing to both me and Theresa is not fair!”
“You’re asking me how I’m gonna feel when it’s done. I don’t know, I won’t know until I’ve tried it.”
“And there’s no hope for us if you don’t try it. Just like there’s no hope for them. Wow, between the two of you wanting each other so badly, you could destroy two marriages. Susie home wreckers indeed, huh?”
“You have every right to be angry.”
“No, Terri, I’m not angry, I’m betrayed. I’m ashamed, hurt, but not angry. You’re a wonderful woman, smart, funny, warm, caring, I can understand how other men want you. It’s the same way for me. I just thought I would always be enough for you. Now, here it is, and you’re tossing it into my face that I’m not enough. And you’re clearly stating you don’t know if I will ever be enough. What if I did that to you? What if I told you I love you, you’re the only one for me, but in the bedroom, you just don’t cut it? How would that make you feel?”
“Betrayed.”
“That’s where the two of us are coming from. This was supposed to be about giving them a baby to call their own and here we are discussin’ you sleeping with another man and for me to give my okay about it.” Howie pushed away from the table and went to the window, watching the couple outside. “I’ve never said no to anything you wanted, so I won’t start now. But, I am telling you this only once, you have twelve hours to make the most of it with Brian, and if after that, you want more, I will certainly file the papers.” With that said, he turned around to face her. She wiped the tears away, feeling quite a few different emotions. She was elated that Howie agreed, but scared because she didn’t know if twelve hours was enough to sustain her lust. She loved Howie, couldn’t picture life without him, and if she couldn’t control her emotions, she was on the edge of losing him.

“Are you okay?” I glanced up from the book I was reading and smiled at Howie.
“Wonderful, you?”
“Alive. How’s the book?” I closed it, glanced at the cover and shrugged.
“Couldn’t really tell you. I think I’ve reread the same line now for the last 15 minutes. Deep down, I don’t want a baby at the cost of losing my husband, Howie.” He sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I rested my head on his shoulder, savoring the comfort he was willing to give me.
“And no offense Theresa, I don’t want to give you a baby if it’s going to cost my wife.” I glanced up at him and chuckled. “What?”
“That wouldn’t offend me, trust me. And don’t be worried about my feelings. You’re in the same boat I’m in.”
“Do you know where they went?” I slowly shook my head. Here it was, two weeks after that wonderful dinner party and all I knew was they were staying at a hotel. Hell, if it wasn’t even in town, I didn’t know. And I guess that had its pros and its cons. I couldn’t go slamming on the door, begging them to stop; yelling that I didn’t want kids that badly.
“I don’t even know if they’re in town. My guess would be no.”
“Great, so we can’t stop them.” I glanced up at him and smiled.
“I know it hurts, but if we truly wanted to stop them, we would have said no.”
“Do you know I hate it when you’re right?”
“Yup, I do.”