- Text Size +
Chapter 16
I lifted my head up, confused for a moment as to why I was on the couch. I heard a snore and noticed Howie right next to me. I shook my head, and made my way outside. I glanced at the clock on the wall, noticing that it was into the fourth hour. What a hell of a way to track the time for this night? I pulled out one of the chairs, sat down on it, and scooted the other over to rest my feet on it. Something deep inside me wanted to hurt Brian the way he was hurting me. And I knew Howie was feeling the same way. But, I loved Brian, and I knew D loved Terri, regardless of the stupid shit they were currently pulling. Yes, if you love them, you love all their faults, even the really big and stupid ones.
“It’s cold.” I smiled and motioned for him to sit down.
“It’s not that bad.” He pulled the seat out next to me and glanced at the pool.
“Do you even think for a moment they thought about us?” I shrugged, wanting to believe deep down that they did. That their sense of moral judgment was there, that they knew this was wrong.
“You know, I know it’s wrong, but I want to hurt him. I want to make him seethe.”
“He is.”
“How do you know?”
“Because I know Brian. If he thought, for one minute, that you were screwing around with someone else, he would kill that man and than kill you.”
“Oh, I get it. He could do it, but I can’t.” Howie chuckled but nodded his head. “I don’t understand how that works.” Howie grabbed my hand and squeezed it. After a few moments, I turned and looked at him. “It’s pretty amazing how men can be like that.” I shook my head and smiled. “I don’t know about you, but I can’t go back to sleep. And two in the morning is too late to go out.”
“I take it you wanna do something?” I glanced around and nodded my head to the pool.
“Let’s take a swim.”
“At this hour? What if someone sees us?” I rolled my eyes at that.
“Hello Howie, my husband is a Backstreet Boy. He prides himself on having no one else around!” Howie laughed at that. “In the guest room is some trunks that you left. Meet you down here in ten.” He laughed again, but quickly jumped out of his chair and made a dash up the stairs.

“You okay?” I glanced up at D and smiled.
“Yup.” I winked and pushed him into the pool, laughing at the look that came across his face.
“Come here, your going to get it.” I saw him swim to the edge rather quickly and ran around to the other side. But I soon realized that I was no match for him. He grabbed my ankle and I saw that evil glint, right before he pulled me into the water. I came up sputtering and than saw him in my sights. “Hey, you started it!”
“Yeah, and your point?”
“I’m only playing fair.” I quickly swam over to him and dunked him. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and I was quickly pulled under. When I came back up, I was staring right into those gorgeous brown eyes. I felt his hands still resting on my waist, I could feel the water gently hitting us, and I could also feel the heat of his breath on my lips, right before they took over mine. I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck. I moaned, causing him to deepen the kiss. His hands massaged up my back, his fingers slowly bringing down the straps to my suit. His lips left mine, trailing down my neck and my fingers entangled themselves in his hair, and yet again, I started to cry. He heard it, I know he did, for I felt him stop his wonderful torture and rest his head on my chest. “It’s wrong.”
“Terri is the biggest fool around, Howie. I won’t lie and say you’re not amazing. Hell, your kisses alone are turning me on.” He pulled his head up and caught my gaze.
“So are yours.”
“But that’s not enough.” He slowly shook his head. “Love is what fuels our passion. And it’s always nice to be wanted, but you’re not my husband and I’m not your wife.”
“Do we tell them?” I thought this over and a smirk crept over my lips.
“Not even close. We know full well what they’re doing. I think it’s only our revenge to let them think what they want.”
“You’re evil, do you know that?”
“Yup, I also know that’s one of the reasons why he married me.”