- Text Size +
Chapter 17
***********************
I massaged her shoulder, smiling as I heard her contentment. My body was calling for rest, or at least that’s what half of it wanted. The other half, the other half wouldn’t have minded another few more hours. But, if truth be told, I could turn my back on Terri and walk into the loving arms of my wife and not think twice about the woman currently lying at my side. She shifted, raised herself on her elbow and smiled down at me.
“We have to go, huh?”
“Soon.” Her fingers traced themselves over my face and she smiled.
“Thank you.”
“Why are you thanking me?”
“For a wonderful night.” I smiled as I leaned up and captured her lips again. I could feel…nothing. My passion and lust were fine. She pulled away and sadly smiled. “Is this it?”
“What are you talking about?”
“We get the most amazing 12 hours and we just go back to our lives?”
“Do you want more?” She sat up in bed, wrapping the sheet around her. She thought it over for a few moments and shook her head. “You love Howie. It’s so evident and even the feelings you had for me never rivaled what you felt for him. He knew, I knew, and you know it. You’re an amazing woman, Terri. But you don’t want to destroy what you have for your husband over this. Nor do I want to destroy what I have with my wife. I love Theresa, with all my heart and soul, and this little, affair, really put that in focus.”
“I love you Brian. I know that’s odd, but I think deep down, I do love you. Maybe just a tad more than a friend should.” I leaned over and kissed her bare shoulder.
“I think I feel the same. And from here on out, we only hope for the best.”
“For the best.”

“I didn’t think you’d be here.” His head turned, and I leaned around him. I swallowed the lump in my throat and smiled at Terri and Brian.
“Howie, well, he was just here. He stayed the night, actually.” I saw the look that crossed both their faces and Howie had to turn around, raising his eyebrow. I shook my head slightly and watched as both of them got even more upset. “Speaking of help, we were about to go out. Actually might catch a movie and some breakfast. Or, I don’t know.” I shrugged, loving the rage that was flashing in Brian’s eyes.
“Oh, you were?”
“Yeah. I would ask if you wanted to join, but I figured it’s probably been a long night and you both might want to catch up on some sleep.” I smiled my most charming smile, which made Brian curl his lip slightly. Oh, I was loving every minute of this.
“You’re right. I probably should. But, can you guys wait on the movie? I wouldn’t mind going. Terri, you wanna go?”
“Yeah, sounds like fun. Group outing.” Brian turned, thinking he had the upper hand. “I’m going to put the stuff in my car sweetie.” Terri quickly turned on her heel, throwing a look at the man on the stairs. He watched her walk out, than turned and waved at me.
“I’m jumping in the shower.” I nodded my head and turned to Howie as Brian walked out of the room.
“We have to give them hell.”
“I’m game. Are we sure?” I cocked my head to the side and just looked at him.
“Howie, they have to be certain that the path they choose is the right one. If she loves you like she says, than this thing with Brian is over. She’ll get upset because she’ll think you’re having an affair.”
“And you?”
“The same thing goes for Brian. It won’t take long, trust me.” He reached over and squeezed my hand.
“I at least hope she’s pregnant.” I took a deep breath and let it out slowly.
“You know, for everyone’s sake, I hope she is too.”