- Text Size +
Chapter 28
************************
Stupid, foolish, idiot! Yup, that was me. I slid my phone in my pocket, sighing as I stared at his house. I didn’t really want to explain this to her. But, Terri just dropped the bomb on D, now it was my turn. Inside, I was dying. I still loved her, or at least still some part of my did, but I did care deeply for Terri, there was no denying that anymore. If, after everything was signed and done with, there were still feelings for each other, we said we could try. But, that was only if Resa and D ever found someone new, because we just couldn’t bear to hurt them. I stepped inside the house, not liking the look on AJ’s face.
“What do you want?” he hissed.
“To talk to my wife.”
“Yeah, she’s in here.” I followed him into the living room and saw her curled up on the couch, my heart strings tugging at the sight. Her head turned and the fire flashed in her eyes as she stared at me.
“Hi.”
“What do you want, Brian?” I heard the crack in her voice and tried my hardest not to take her in my arms.
“To talk.”
“What the hell is there to say?”
“A lot, actually. And I wanted to tell you before you heard it from D.”
“What makes you think I’ve talked to him?”
“Because you’re close to him.” I ran my hands through my hair, sitting down on the table in front of her. “I just got off the phone with Terri..”
“I don’t wanna hear that name right now.”
“Don’t be a baby!”
“A baby? That’s what I’m being? You screwed my best friend, destroyed not only her marriage, but ours, and I’m being a baby because I don’t want to hear her name. Right, I’m not seeing that.”
“You could have said no!”
“And have you resent me for the rest of our lives? As if that would have been any better. You two would have done it, anyways. You really weren’t seeking our permission!”
“Your damn right, we didn’t need it! That’s why I told her to take that pill! I didn’t want her pregnant. I knew one night was not enough! She was too far under my skin; I was craving her too damn badly!”
“You...you did what?”
“She was on a pill.” She jumped off the couch, her arms crossed over her chest as she paced back and forth.
“All so you can have her again?”
“Theresa…” She held up her hand and shook her head.
“The night that you…and me…you told me you didn’t want me to go. You loved me and you didn’t want a divorce…what were you asking?”
“I didn’t. I don’t, actually.”
“So, you wanted both and you wanted me to agree to it.”
“Not like that, you make it sound horrible.”
“It is! What, were you gonna screw her every weekend in hopes that she would be pregnant. I’m the Monday through Thursday while she’s the weekend fling?”
“No.” The glare she sent me shut me up rather quickly.
“Out.”
“What?”
“Get out! We’re done.”
“Resa…”
“Don’t you ever call me that again, you don’t have that right!”
“I’m your husband!”
“You’re my ex-husband. It’s final, or didn’t you get the papers! Get out!”
“Theresa…”
“Get the hell out of this house!”
“You’re not…” She reached over and slapped me.
“I don’t want you near me, I don’t want you to talk to me, I want nothing to do with you. You destroyed five lives! Five!”
“Now wait a damn minute…”
“You stupid, son of a bitch! I’m pregnant you ass!”
Chapter End Notes:
In case I haven't said it before, thank you all for reviewing and for helping me along!