- Text Size +
Chapter 6
I sat down on the bed, staring at the wall. Walking in on Terri and Brian, something just didn’t seem right. There was a charge in the air, a tension of sorts, and it disturbed me. They were acting strange, and coming from them, I wasn’t used to it. I mean, these were two of the most sensible people. I sighed and stood up, wiping the extra beads of water away. I heard a gasp and quickly turned around. Standing there in the doorway was Howie.
“I’m sorry Theresa. I thought you were just changing. They wanted me to come up and make sure you were okay.” I smiled my thanks.
“Fine. I just got lost in some thought, is all.”
“About those two?”
“I’m not the only one thinking crazy thoughts?”
Howie sighed and sat down on the bed. He ran his fingers through his locks, a show of frustration.
“I don’t know what to think. I love and trust my wife, but when I walked in, they acted as if they were guiltily of something. In my presence, Brian was acting possessive, and he’s never like that. And when I kissed my wife, I felt her flinch. So, yeah, I guess I am thinking crazy thoughts.” I sat down next to him and placed my hand on his arm.
“I know this might sound strange, but I think there’s something serious going beyond just friendship between the two. I’ll give Terri the credit, she’s an amazing woman, and beautiful, and I know those are two traits that any man would like.”
“Thank you, you just made me feel totally wonderful.”
“I’m sorry Howie. But you know as well as I do, that many a men glace at your wife. Why should Brian be any different?”
“Because Brian has a wife who’s just as beautiful and just as amazing.” I rolled my eyes at that. He grabbed my chin and made me look in his eyes. “I have never known why you don’t buy that.”
“Because it’s not true! I’m okay, with a sense…”
“You’re beautiful! And in all truth, if Brian is willing to destroy something as special as the love you two share, than he’s more a of a fool than I thought.”
“As sad as it may seem, I don’t think Brian feels the same way anymore. This baby issue was the icing to the cake. I’ve been questioning his feelings for a while.”
“And you? How do you feel?”
“Brain, in truth, has been my only love. And when I fell, I fell pretty damn hard. There’s no point in the near future of my losing my feelings for him.”
“I’m sorry Theresa.” I shrugged, not knowing what else to say.
“If they are cheating, or wish to cheat, I know it would kill me, but I can’t see stopping it.” Howie glanced at me, a sad smiling playing upon his lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck, giving him a tight squeeze.
“Pardon me, but that’s my wife.” I stiffened a little bit and as I pulled away, I saw a fire burning in Howie’s eyes.
“Sorry man, we were just talking.”
“That’s fine. I would just prefer you to talk to her when she’s not walking around naked.” I glared at Brian. What a fuckin’ hypocrite he was.
“I’m not naked. And excuse me, please.” Howie threw me a smile as he walked out of the room. “You too Brian.”
“I’m your husband, I’ve seen you naked countless of times.” He strolled into the room, closing the door behind him.
“What are you doing?”
“Enjoying this wonderful view.” He laid down on the bed and raised an eyebrow as I glared at him. “What?”
“This is Terri’s and Howie’s house! Do not get any ideas in that sick mind of yours.” He laughed as he stood back up again and placed a brief kiss on my lips.