- Text Size +
Chapter 7
*********************************************
Breathtaking; magical; unbelievable; passionate; and yet, bittersweet. I glanced at the woman beside me and frowned. Her brown hair fanned out on the pillow and she looked utterly delicious. In fact, if it hadn’t been for the fact that we had just spent the last fours arms finding ecstasy after ecstasy, I probably would have taken her again. But there was something strange about this love session. And that’s what had me thinking when I should be tired enough to fall straight to sleep. I turned on my side and looked at my wife. There was something about her when we got home. She walked upstairs, a fire in her eyes that I hadn’t seen in a while. But, at her very first touch, it was as if she was proving something, either to her or to myself. And it was then that a shock hit me. I loved my wife. Sure, I seriously wanted Terri, but that was all it was. That wasn’t good, I knew that, but at least I could deal with it. I sighed as I ran my knuckles over her cheek. She really was a unique woman who held my heart tighter than any other woman. I stumbled out of bed and pulled some shorts on. I walked downstairs and sat down at the kitchen table, my mind filled with thoughts. Wondering what I was gonna do with these new found feelings. Feelings I never guessed I would have, nor feelings I really wanted.
“Brian?” My eyes traveled to the doorway, and I saw her standing there, a questioning look in her eyes.
“What’s wrong hon?” She moved to the table and pulled the seat out that was next to me.
“I felt you weren’t in bed. So, I thought I’d come find you.” I sighed as I looked at her. Terri was beautiful; there was no denying that fact. But then again, in her own unique way, Theresa was breathtaking.
“I’m sorry. I just,” I paused, not quite sure what to say, “ have a lot on my mind.” She placed her hand on my arm, a gentle touch.
“Talk to me Brian. Be open.” I sighed and mentally shook my head.
“You know I love you, right?” I watched as she tried to swallow but she took a deep breath instead. So, she had doubts. Somehow, I would have guessed she would have.
“I know.”
“You know I’ve always been honest with you. And to tell you the truth, I won’t start now.” I took a deep breath and watched as her hands clenched into fists. “I kissed Terri tonight. That’s why you could feel the tension. It dawned on me that there was something about her that attracted me. But, I will swear to you here and now, that I won’t do anything to hurt you or our marriage. I love you too much to do that.” I glanced and saw at some point that my hands were grasping hers.
“That’s it? That’s what had me so worried?” She busted out laughing and a frown came upon my face. “Oh, sweetie, I don’t mean to laugh, but I was so worried that you didn’t want me no more. That you had taken a fancy to Terri. Oh, babe, I have those feelings to other men. And I know men have told me the same. Hell, Alex was one of ‘em.” My frown deepened at that. Sure, I could see someone else, but she wasn’t allowed to. And I didn’t quite relish the thought of other men liking my wife, especially someone who thoughts themselves to be a good friend. “Brian, don’t look so pissed off. It’s you I love; I will always love. You know this.” I smiled at her and laughed as she threw herself in my arms.

I held the phone between my ear and neck and rolled my eyes. Just sometimes…
“Yes Jewel. No, I told you.”
“But what about…”
“Jewel, sweetie, I’m serious. Terri said she would help. We have an appointment with my doctor to get everything settled.”
“Only if you’re sure. I wouldn’t trust those two.” I frowned. Jewel was a little, blonde at times, but she wouldn’t lie. And she most certainly wouldn’t say something without any justification.
“Why do you say that Jewel?”
“I’ve been talkin’ to Terri. She’s really, well, into him. She thinks he’s a wonderful man.”
“Oh, he is. And it doesn’t mater, they won’t do anything.”
“They’re already kissing according to Terri. And there was an underlying passion on both ends.” Attraction, I could deal with. Feelings like that can be gone. Passion, that was a highly charged emotion that you couldn’t easily wish away. It was one that grew and grew until it was so strong that it burned you just to release it. And once it did, you could never, EVER, get enough. “Theresa?”
“I’m sorry, Jewel. I got lost in my own thoughts. If you were me, would you trust those two?” She took a deep breath, thinking about the question.
“I don’t think I would. I mean, I would know my husband loves me, but sometimes, love can not compare to passion. Passion is to strong a feeling, to strong an emotion.” I sighed, completely understanding her.
“Thank you Jewel.”
“Oh, you’re more than welcome. And, I’m sorry. If you need anything, just call, I’d be more than happy to help you.”
“Thank you. I gotta go, bye.” I hung up after her quiet goodbye. I grabbed a drink and sat down on the couch, losing my mind in my thoughts. Do I trust them like I should? Yes, Brian had become more loving and that alone should have me confused, for he was hardly like that. I hung my head, wanting to scream, cry, throw something to get rid of my frustrations. In less than a few months, it had seemed my life was turning around into something I most certainly didn’t like and I had no way to turn back into my favor.