- Text Size +
Chapter 9
*********************************************
“Brian, what are you doing here?”
“I need to talk to you Terri, may I come in?” Terri stepped aside and I walked through the entrance way. “Where’s D?”
“Got a call, said he had a friend in trouble. Sit, can I get you anything?”
“No, I’m fine.” I sat down and realized Terri sat down next to me. I could smell her delicate perfume, could feel her body heat, and all it made me want to do was wrap my arms around her and love her forever. Oh, shit, those thoughts, those very evil, mind blowing thoughts.
“Brian, are you okay?”
“Terri, I have a very serious problem and I have no idea how to handle it.”
“Why come to me? I’m not your wife.”
“No, you’re not. But, you’re part of the problem.” She frowned and cocked her head to the side.
“Please explain.” I turned on the couch so I was looking her dead in the eye.
“Terri, I can not get that kiss out of my head. I think about it, dream about it and I all I want is more. I don’t know what’s come over me, but, I just don’t know what to do.”
“You love Theresa, Brian. She’s your wife.”
“She is, but I’m not all too sure I still love her. I kiss her and I can’t help but compare the two of you, and in every way that I can think of, she’s not equal to you.” Terri jumped off the couch and walked over to the window, wrapping her arms around her waist.
“Brian, we can’t do this. You have to try everything you know of to get those thoughts out of your head.”
“Can you?”
“I have.” Terri pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, praying that Brian bought the lie she just uttered. She couldn’t forget it anymore than he could, and that was a bad sign. And yeah, Terri didn’t have the smartest idea by telling Jewel that she might have felt a little more for Brian than she let on, but now she had to fix that. And that meant getting Brian out of her house and keeping him out!
“Really?” Terri jumped as she realized Brian had walked behind her. Damn it all to hell, his breath sent shivers down her spine and goose bumps down her arms.
“Brian, what do you want me to tell you? That I like you, you know I do. That I want more? I can’t. I’m married and your married and neither one of us is willing to break the vows we took.” She saw the look that past his eyes, one of hunger, one of regret and one of pain. “Don’t Brian, don’t lie. You love Theresa. She’s your wife, the mo…, the woman you picked.”
“Yes, she is and yes I love her, but Terri, I want you like I’ve never wanted another woman, and that includes my wife.”
“So, what, you want a fling?” He dug his fingers through his hair and sighed.
“Hell if I know what I want. I want you, and…”
“You want her?” Brian turned tortured eyes to her. “Please, tell me Brian, you want her.”
“I do, I do.” She rose an eyebrow in sheer disbelief. She walked over to him and cupped his cheek, just lightly touching his lips.
“Goodbye Brian. Go back to your wife, show you love her and don’t want to lose her.”
“Will this change your mind about the baby?”
“Never. You guys are family, and I’m more than happy to help. Go.” She turned around and headed into the kitchen and heard the door close softly. She leaned against the counter, wanting to know what the hell she was doing letting him get away. Since her kiss with Brian, things weren’t quite right with Howie and they both realized that. She never explained to him what happened that night for she had no clue what he would say or do. Nor, she had no idea how to explain it without making it seem like she wanted more.

“Dr Lancaster, this is Terri and Howie Dorough, some of my best friends.”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you. Please, step into my office.” Terri and Howie followed the doctor and Brian and I followed them. “Please, have a seat.”
“I hate to say it Doctor, but I’m really nervous.”
“No reason to be Terri. It’s a simple procedure actually. One, I’ve done quite a bit of. We just put you to sleep, so you don’t feel anything, stick Brian’s sperm inside, and let nature take its course.”
“What if nothing happens?”
“Than we try again. I’ve only had to repeat it once.”
“And it’s safe for all parties involved, correct?”
“Yes it is, Howie, no worries on that front.”
“And how do you get my sperm?”
“It works sorta like a sperm bank, you just ejaculate into a cup. I won’t need to put you under for anything,” the doctor told Brian. Terri glanced at me and smiled.
“Well, when do we start?” The doctor smiled at that.
“I’m glad to see that your friends are very willing to help, Theresa. Terri, we usually try to get the sperm in there around the time you start ovulating. It’s not any different than if you were trying to have your own kids, other than this is a medical thing.”
“Thank you. I’ll let you know when I should be starting.”
“Thank you. The nurse has some forms that I need you to feel out. Please, if you have any allergies to anything on that list, let me know. I might be able to change it up.”
“Thank you doctor.” I beamed my thanks and exited out with the group.
“Lunch, than?” Brian asked. I nodded my head and wrapped my hand around his. My dreams were coming true! Finally, after waiting forever it seemed. I just wasn’t sure if Brian was having the same dreams.