- Text Size +
Chapter 3
He laid over her, gazing into her eyes. She watched him, watched as he seemed to stop, to think about something.

“Baby, what is it?”

“Do you know how much I love you?”

“Of course I do.”

“No, I don’t think you do sweet heart. In a world that has turned cold and bleak, you’re my light. I have doubted love for so long and here you are. My true and better half. You stuck with me and when I went through my spells and you were here through my anger. It takes so much to do something like that.” He grabbed the rose and ran it over her forehead and over her eyes. “For you baby.” She stared at him, her eyes holding so much questions, before she took the rose. He moved between her legs and right before he entered her, she smelled the rose, scrunching up her nose.

“There’s something in this.” She looked into the rose petals and saw something glimmer. She gently removed it and stared at it, not realizing what he was doing till her shuddered. Her heart beat speed up and her eyes closed.

~*~ Baby tonight is your night/ And I will do you right/ Just make a wish on your night/ Anything that you ask/ I will give you the love of your life ~*~

“Oh my God, baby, what is this?” He pressed his lips against hers and started to move, slow, savoring as he spoke his heart to her.

“It’s a symbol of my love. A love I want forever. There has never been a woman like you in my life. And I know there never will be. In the last two years, I have fallen in love. Totally and completely in love. And every day, I fall a little more into that darkness that’s love. I’m asking you to be my wife. Through the good and bad to be there for me. I want to hold our first child and know it’s made from us and know that it’s legal and legit. I want to grow old with you and watch our great grandchild climb on top of our knees and praddle on about their days. I love you and no matter what, I will always,” he stopped as he saw her tears, saw her fighting for breath. “What is it?”

“You did this all for me. You planned a prefect night to show me the ways you love me. You have no idea how much this means to me. It wasn’t a boring proposal, it was utterly unique. Although, when the kids and the grand kids ask, I’m not sure how I’m going to tell them you proposed.” He laughed and gathered her closer, taking her over the edge, falling over with her. He savored the moment all the more as he knew she would forever be his.

~*~ I'll make love to you/ Like you want me to/ And I'll hold you tight/ Baby all through the night/ I'll make love to you/ When you want me to/ And I will not let go/ Till you tell me to ~*~

“When they ask, just tell them,” he stopped and took her left hand within’ his and pressed a kiss upon the diamond that sparkled there, “tell them it was when I was making love to you.”

~ ‘I’ll Make Love To You’ by Boyz II Men.