- Text Size +
Chapter 10


Still nothing. We had been searching for hours. I already had to face that wrath of Kevin when he found out that we were gone, but you know what, I don't care. After I hung up with him, I felt kinda bad about what I had said. I told him that if it were me missing, he knows that he would be searching, the idea in saying that was to go for the guilt. I say we got to much gulit with that statement.

At this point, I didn't know what was going to happen or what exactly we were looking for. I didn't want to find a little piece of Nick, I wanted to find Nick in one piece, safe and sound. Finally I decided that we should just head out past the woods and see if anything was over there, so I grabbed my cell and I called AJ's.

"Rok?" he answered.

"Yeah?" I said, thinking that he had found something.

"Anything?" he asked and I became disapointed.

"No, but I was thinking that we should walk past the woods and see if there is anything on the other side. There's obviously nothing here."

"Yeah, that would be a good idea, I'll call D and tell him."

"Alright, see you guys soon," I said hanging up my cell. As I began to put it in my pocket, it began to ring again.

"Hello," I answered pretty sure that it was Howie.

"Brian, it's Caitlin. Officer Hudson called. Jordon told them were Nick really was. He wants the both of us to come down to the station," she said quickly.

"What?" I shouted.

"Apparently he was right about the cell phone being planted. He said that Jordon thought it would give him time to get away, but one of the other officers there made him crack."

"Alright, I'll be there as soon as I can," I told her hanging up the phone. I dialed AJ's number again and he answered it confussed.

"Rok?"

"Officer Hudson called Caitlin. He said that Nick's phone was planted over here so that Jordon could get away or at least stall any kind of punishment I guess."

"You're fucking kidding me?! I just called D and I told him...."

"I know, I know. I can't believe it myself. We spent so much time looking."

"We did do the right thing Rok you know that right?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'll call Howie and tell him about the change in plans," I told AJ. He hung up his phone and I called Howie.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Howie, change in plans. Officer Hudson called Caitlin and told her that Nicks phone was only planted here and that he probably was never here in the first place. He wants me and Caitlin to go down to the station so we gotta head back," I told him.

"Damn it you're kidding me?" he asked.

"No, I wish I was, but at least that explains why we haven't found any trace of Nick at all," I commented.

"Okay, I'm turning back," he said sadly. I hung up and began to walk back to my car. I couldn't accept that we had just wasted so much time doing this to have it turn out that we were lied to. When I was walking back, a thought hit me. How did he know that Nick's phone was planted? That question enraged me and I wanted to know the answer.

After what felt like forever, I made my way out of the woods. AJ was already waiting at my car, but Howie hadn't shown yet. I slowly walked over to AJ to wait for Howie. He just looked at me but didn't say anything. I just wondered if he felt how I did, horrible, cheated, hurt.

"You feelin' alright Rok?" he asked me.

"No," I said feeling like I was going to cry, "I thought we were so close to having Nick back."

"We all thought that," he said finally taking off his sunglasses, I couldn't help but think how the hell could he see in the dark with those things on, "Shit, I thought we had 'em to."

Howie soon emerged from the woods and walked over to us. We could tell that he felt just like we did. He handed me back the flashlight, but didn't say anything. Disapointment was written all over his face. I could tell that he knew we felt the same way. We then all got into the car and we were back to the hotel.

When we got back to the hotel, Caitlin was already out side waiting for me. She walked over to the car and looked at us. AJ got out of the passanger seat to let Caitlin take it. Instead of leaving he jumped into the back seat.

"I'm going with you guys, I want to know what kind of circus that are running over there," AJ informed us. I looked to the back seat, Howie was also still there. I smiled, I was glad that we were all in this together.

"I don't have a problem with that," Caitlin said, "as long as I find out where the hell Nick is, I don't care what it takes." I smiled at her and we pulled out of the parking lot and headed to the station.