- Text Size +
Chapter 3


It felt like it took forever for the police to come even though they were there only minutes after I had called. They had me take them to Nicks room where they started first by taking pictures and then began to take a look around. Then the officer who seemed to be in charge of all of this turned to me.

"Evening sir," he said, "I'm officer Hudson. I'm just going to ask you a few questions if you don't mind."

"No not at all," I answered.

"Okay," he said taking a pad and a pen out from his pocket, "What's your name?"

"Brian Littrell," I answered.

"What is the victims name?"

"Nick Carter."

"Alright," he said writing in his pad, "what was your relationship with the victim?"

"He's my best friend," I told him.

"Okay, how did you find out that he was missing?"

"His fiance, Caitlin, came to my room and she was really upset and she took me over here and he was gone."

"What was he wearing last?"

"Umm," I said stopping to think, "I believe that he was wearing a baggy white 'Tommy Hilfigure' t-shirt and some baggy jeans."

"Okay. Does he have any birth marks or tattos or anything like that?"

"He has a few tattos. Why?" I asked worried.

"So that we are able to identify him Mr. Littrell. Now please tell me what are these tattos of and where they are located on his body," the officer replied.

"He has a music note tattoed on the back of his right shoulder. A band around his right arm, a sea horse on his left leg, a sun with a chinese symbol on his right arm, a shark on his left with two chinese symbols under it. He has 'Kaos' tatted on his lower back and I believe that's it," I answered trying to make sure that I got them all and in the right places.

"Can you think of anyone that might want to do anything like this to him?"

"No," I answered immediately. Nick would have told me something about someone who he thought was a treath. If not me, then security.

"Alright. Now can I talk to his finace?"

"Sure, let me go get her, she's with my wife," I told him stepping out of the room and began to walk back to my own. Caitlin looked up at me when I walked into the room.

"What did they say?" she asked me.

"The officer wants to talk to you," I told her. She took a deep breath and nodded. Slowly she walked towards me and I walked her back to their room. The officer was waiting outside for us when we arrived.

"You are Mr. Carters fiance I presume?" he said, "I'm officer Hudson and I'm just going to ask you a few questions."

"Alright," she said. I turned to leave but she grabbed my arm, "please stay." I nodded to let her know that I wasn't going anywhere. She smiled momentarily and then turned to the officer.

"What's your name first of all?" he asked.

"Caitlin," she answered.

"Caitlin what?" he asked.

"Miller."

"Alright," officer Hudson said, "do you know if there is anyone that might be out to get him? Is there any unsettled differences between him and another individual?"

"Not that I know of. Nick would have told me if there was because he tells me everything," she told him. I just looked at her. She amazingly had pulled herself so well together that you never could tell that she was crying. Something that she learned from Nick I bet.

"Is their anyone in your past that might have a reason to do this?"

"No," she said after stopping to think about it, "nothing rings a bell."

"Alright. Give me a physical description of Nick please," the officer asked.

"He's about 6 foot 1, blond hair, blue eyes. Very attractive. Um, she said trying to think of what else to say,"he has a few tattos. He's about average weight."

"Um-hum," he said, "any kind of disfigurements?"

"No."

"Scars?"

Caitlin took a deep breath and tried to think. She couldn't remember any scars, "No."

"How about birthmarks?"

"None."

"How old is Carter?"

"22." The officer continued to write in his book even after Caitlin had stopped.

"Anything else?" the officer asked and looked at Caitlin.

"He was wearing a ring that I gave him for his birthday. Ithas the chinese symbols for love, dedication and life on it," she told him.

"Okay," he said writing that down. Then he pulled out two cards and handed one to me and one to Caitlin, "if either of you remember anything that could be of any importance, give me a call."

"We sure will," I said. The officer than proceded to walk into Nicks room where two of his co-workers were. Caitlin and I walked back to my room where we were greeted by the rest of the guys with Sarah and Kristin.

"What happened exactly?" AJ asked us.

"I don't know really," I told him.

"What did the police say?" Howie asked.

"Nothing. They were just asking us some questions about Nick. They wanted to know what he looked like and if we knew of anyone that might want to do something like this to him," I told them. They all a look of complete disbelief on their faces, I guess it was going around a lot tonight.