- Text Size +
Chapter 7

When we got to the station, we were told to wait for a few minutes. While the both of us were sitting there, we didn't say anything. I don't think anything could have been said without the fear of one of us breaking down. Finally, Officer Hudson came over to us. We both looked at him, I was still hoping that Nick had been found.

"Miss. Miller, we need you to identify him," he told her.

"Alright," she answered. I looked over at her, she had lost that little bit of hope that she did have when we left. Officer Hudson took us to a back room where we were told that we would be able to see Jordon, along with a few other men. Caitlin just had to pick Jordon out. I stood back as the guys were let in. I was glad that they couldn't see us. Caitlin didn't even think twice about telling Officer Hudson which one was Jordon.

Jordon was then taken by two officers and led to another door than the other men were. Caitlin looked at me than at officer Hudson. He didn't say anything more to us.

"Officer Hudson," I said catching him before he left.

"Yes?"

"Did he say anything about Nick?" I asked.

"No. He hasn't really said much about anything."

"Can I talk to him?" Caitlin asked. I turned my attention to her. I was completely shocked by what she had just done.

"I don't think that would be a good idea."

"Please," she said pleading with him. I just stood there and watched, what else was I supposed to do? Officer Hudson just looked at her, but said nothing, "I want to talk to the last person that saw the love of my life alive."

"I can't let you do that. I'm sorry. We can't risk him knowing who identified him."

"He knows it was me!!" she yelled fustrated, "who else would it be??"

"Miss. Miller, I'm sorry but you can't talk to him. But, you and Mr. Littrell can see what goes on, but you cannot discuss it with anyone," he said.

"I promise we won't," Caitlin said. I didn't really know what to say other than I would agree to any terms in hopes of finding Nick. Officer Hudson then lead us to a back room and told us to have a seat at the chairs which were in the room. He then proceded to explain, that we can see and hear everything that was going on, but Jordon wouldn't know we were watching.

Officer Hudson soon appeared in the other room. Caitlin and I just sat there as he began to talk to Jordon. I sighed at Jordon's inital denial of having anything to do with Nick's disappearence. It didn't surprise me at all, but it pissed me off. After nearly an hour, he had began saying somethings that made him sound guilty.

He had admited that he had come to hotel to talk to Nick and Caitlin, but had nothing to do with him disappearing. Finally, I could tell that Jordon was breaking down. The officers knew exactly what to say to make him nervious. I leaned closer to the window in both suspence and hope. If anything that me and Caitlin wanted to know was going to be said, it was going to happen soon.

"Okay," one officer said, "you admit that you got into a fight with Nick at the hotel. Is that what you're saying?"

"Yes," Jordon answered.

"What happened after that?" I felt my heart rate rising with each passing second.

"While we were fighting at the hotel, I knocked him out. I got scared so I took him out of the room and I put him in my car. I actually thought he was dead."

"He wasn't?" officer Hudson asked.

"No," Jordon answered. I looked over at Caitlin who was finally give some hope that Nick would be back with her soon.

"What did you do after that?"

"I was driving to I don't know where then he woke up. I paniced and stopped the car. We ended up fighting again and soon we were in some park or something. Again, I over powered him and I hit him again. This time he was bleeding pretty badly."

"Did he die?"

"I don't know, he was alive when I left." I heard Caitlin gasp and I turned over to her.

"He might still be alive," she muttered. I continued to watch as officer Hudson got the discription of where he had left Nick. Caitlin and I just sat there.

"I told you he would be back," I said, "everything is going to be alright." Caitlin nodded with tears pouring from her eyes. I walked over to her and gave her a hug. She needed it.

"Miss. Miller, Mr. Littrell," officer Hudson's voice said.

"Yeah," I said turning to face him.

"We're going to check out where he told us he left Mr. Carter. I can't promise you that we'll find him alive but there still might be hope," he said finally showing compassion. I nodded at him as he exited. I turned my full attention back to Caitlin.

"Look honey, it's going to be alright. Nicky's going to be back," I said. Caitlin just continued to cry as I hugged her again. "Come on, let's go back to the hotel. Officer Hudson will call us if anything comes up." Caitlin nodded and we began to walk out of the station until we were stopped by a female police officer.

"Miss. Miller? Mr. Littrell?" she asked us.

"Yes, that's us," I said confussed.

"Officer Hudson asked that you guys come to the site. He said you guys should be there. I'm going to be taking you over there. I'm officer Davis," she informed us.

"Alright," I said to her. She smiled and lead Caitlin and I to her car.