- Text Size +
CHAPTER 6
I walked down the aisle on Kevin’s arm, smiling at all the people who attended Bri’s wedding. I glanced up at him and offered him a smile and he threw one back, looking rather nervous yet happy. Although, I did not believe that she would make him happy forever. At least for now, she did. I smiled at Kevin as he let me go and I stepped along with the other bridesmaids. After Kevin and I, it was Alex and one of Leighanne’s friends. I followed him, falling more in love with him. He was stunning in his tux, making all the other ladies swoon. He threw a wink and a smile in my direction, making the few ladies around me, mad. Finally, Leighanne walked down and the ceremony began.

After all the pictures were takin, we all headed off to the reception. We all gathered at the head table and offered our toasts and well wishes. Shortly there after, Alex was pulling out my chair and taking me onto the dance floor.
“Um,” I glanced around, seeing all eyes upon us, “the bride and groom are supposed to have the first dance.”
“Nah, I already asked Brian for that honor.”
“Age, you’re a dork.”
“True. But, damn it, I’m claiming the first dance.” He smiled and drew me closer for a kiss. I melted in his embrace. He was such an amazing guy and I was willing to throw it away for Brian. Alas, everything happens for a reason, and now I can see that Brian was merely a stepping stone to AJ.
After two more songs, Alex finally took me back to my seat, although, Kevin had another idea and pulled me back on the dance floor.
“Tell me what changed your mind.” I glanced up at him and smiled. Even if I was adopted, which I had finally asked and I was, I couldn’t look at Brian or Kevin different. Kev was still my pain in the ass brother and Bri was still my cousin, who’s ass I kicked in basketball.
“I realized that even though I might not have been born into this family, nothing is stronger than family ties.”