- Text Size +
Brittany and Mark had gone over to their friend Sam Banner’s. Brittany met him a few times and he was a pretty cool guy. Mark always talked about Brittany like she was the best thing in the world and she could see sometimes it got Sam irritated. He was a good looking guy; she didn’t see why he was still single. He could probably get any girl he wanted…except her of course. He would often flirt with her and it bothered her only because Mark didn’t do anything about it. She would talk to him and tell him how it made her feel and he would just say he’s just being friendly. Friendly her ass! He was attracted to her, not that she blamed him. She knew she was eye candy, but there was a limit.
When they walked inside Sam’s house she was expecting it to be packed with a ton of people. After all it was a party…or so he said. But she noticed it was empty other than the three of them and she began to get a bad feeling go all through her. “Um, where is everyone?” She asked.



“Yeah,” asked Mark. “I thought you said we were gonna have a party?”

He shrugged, “Everyone bailed,” he lied. He brushed his loose dark brown hair out of his coal-looking eyes and walked over to a cabinet, “Who needs them when we can have a party of our own,” he said, with a grin, as he pulled out a large bottle of Grey Goose Vodka.

Mark let out a loud cheer, “Hell, yeah!!! Now that’s what I’m talking about.”

Brittany she really wished that Jasmine decided to come with her as the bad feeling began to grow. She wouldn’t care if she didn’t want to hook up with Sam, she just didn’t want to be the only girl alone with the two guys. If there were more people she’d have no problem with it, but she began to feel uneasy. She hated how he kept on flirting with her the more he drank. He was much taller than her too; he was nearly 6’3 and had a large build. He was extremely attractive and had an amazing body. He was rock hard and if she weren’t with Mark she would be all over that…but she was with him. She was beginning to worry how much did Sam respect that? When she felt he was becoming too friendly for her liking she moved away from him.

“Where you going, Britt?” Asked Mark, as he drank the vodka filled drink.

“Just looking around,” she said, as she walked away from the couch. Sam was making every excuse just to touch her. He was drinking only straight vodka and it was causing him to act like an asshole. As her eyes skimmed the house, she didn’t realize how big it was. She was impressed. His father must have made a ton of money to afford a place like this. Her eye then caught something. It was a clear glass cabinet with guns, stakes and a few other sharp objects. Her only thought was vampires…it made her think about Jasmine. Maybe Sam’s father was a vampire hunter…maybe he was one of the very few people to protect them from those beasts. “What…what are these for?” She asked, turning back to Sam. He was pouring himself another cup of vodka.

Sam slowly stood up and walked over towards her, “My dad collects them.” He looked at her and half smiled when he saw how intrigued she was by the objects, “You seem pretty interested in them.”

She looked at him and didn’t realize how close he had become. She could feel her personal space being invaded and she took a step back, “I guess it’s just all that crap I’ve been hearing over the news, you know?”

Sam studied Brittany and smiled, “Don’t be scared, we’d never let those beasts hurt you.”

She could hear the seduction take over in his voice. She tried not to look uncomfortable so she just faked a weak smile, “I know and thanks. But it’s not me I’m worried about,” she said, with a small laugh and began to walk over to Mark.

Sam cocked one of his bushy eyebrows, “Oh yeah? Who are you worried about then?” He wondered as he watched Brittany sit down next to his best friend. He felt jealousy flare up inside of him as Mark wrapped his arm around the life sized Barbie. She was gorgeous, how the hell did Mark get to nail a girl like that?

She let out a small sigh, “My friend, Jasmine. She’s all into that crap.”

Sam thought for a second and then he looked at Mark, “Hey, didn’t you tell me about her? You said she was going to come here. What happened with that? I remember you telling me how hot she is.”

Brittany looked at her boyfriend, “You told him how hot Jasmine was?”

He shrugged, “Well, she is.” He felt no need on denying it, “And you did tell me you were gonna try to convince her to come along.”

Brittany had to get over the fact that Mark had been after her best friend for months. She knew he wouldn’t be able to suddenly just get over her. She knew he knew that Jasmine had no interest in him what so ever. But what bothered her was if she had…would Mark just dump her just like that for Jasmine? She hated when she thought things like that. She hated feeling jealous of her best friend, but she also knew that Jasmine would never betray her like that…she would never hurt her. Not like how Brittany hurt her. She felt guilty as she remembered saying horrible things to her…she was supposed to be her best friend. Some best friend. She was a lousy one. She needed to change her ways, she needed to accept Jasmine, accept her like she did back in high school. But it wasn’t high school anymore. She thought Jasmine was going to grow out of this stage she was in.

Brittany shrugged, “I tried, but she didn’t want to come. I didn’t want to force her.” She let out a loud sigh, “She’s probably at home reading that stupid journal she found.” She shook her head, “I swear, she lets her imagination run away with her.” She looked at Mark, completely forgetting about Sam, “I just can’t believe she actually thinks a vampire sent her this diary. I mean, she has to be realistic about it. Yeah so I told her I believe her, but I think even she knows I don’t.”

“What’s this vampire’s name?” Asked a cool raspy voice.

Brittany looked up and jumped a bit when she saw the man standing in the room. Where did he come from? Who was he? Was that Sam’s father? She couldn’t help as her eyes wandered the man. He was tall like Sam, but not as built. He had tattoos down his arms that had such disturbing images. She noticed they were all anti-vampire. He also had dark hair like his son, except he was balding a little in the front. He had coal black eyes filled with anger and misery.

“Dad,” sneered Sam as he looked at the older man. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at work?”

Brittany quickly picked up on the thickness in his voice as he mentioned work…it made her curious. Too curious.

“I just came to pick up some supplies,” he coolly answered as he walked over towards the cabinet Brittany was eying moments before. “And didn’t I tell you it wasn’t safe for you to be bringing people here anymore?”

Brittany could feel the color from her face drain…she was legitimately afraid. Maybe she and Mark should go. “Should…should we leave?” She asked, trying to hide the timorous in her voice.

Sam shook his head, “No.” He then looked at his father, “Don’t do this in front of my friends,” he grinded through his teeth. “There is nothing to worry about…the situation is under control.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes! Now get off it.”

The man’s face was still hard as stone as he leaned over and huskily whispered into his son’s ear, “If he kills other innocent person under your watch you’ll be next.”

Sam’s eyes narrowed as he glared at his father, “You have nothing to worry about,” he hissed as he tried to keep his voice as low as possible. “I made sure he was fully restrained last night. So stop worrying and freaking out my friends!”

He made a growling sound that came from his throat. He then turned to the blonde girl, “Now what was this beast’s name?” He demanded as he grabbed a few stakes and some silver instruments that looked like arrows.

She almost had forgotten how to speak. She swallowed hard, “I never said he was a beast.”

He turned her quickly startling her, “All vampires are beasts! Now will you tell me his name or not?”

“Hey!” Snapped Mark, “You will not talk to her like that.”

Brittany looked at her boyfriend and smiled warmly. Finally he was starting to act like a real boyfriend. She didn’t want tension between him and Sam to build, as she noticed Sam glaring at her boyfriend so she decided to answer the scary looking man, “I don’t even think he’s real. She got this stupid diary in the mail by some guy claiming to be Nick Carter.”

The man’s dark eyes widened as he stared at Brittany, “Nick Carter,” he mumbled more to himself. “So the bastard has decided to ruin Paul’s life once again,” his voice was below a whisper, where no one could make out.

“Wh-what?” Asked Brittany, almost afraid of his response, “I’m-I’m sorry I…I didn’t make out what you said.”

He looked at her and smiled such a frightful smile. She quickly grabbed onto Mark’s hand, “Nothing just talking to myself. Well, I should get going.” He looked at his son, “Sam, walk me to the door,” he ordered.

Sam groaned and looked at his friends, “I’ll be right back.” He then walked with his father towards the front door.

Brittany looked at Mark and could feel her heart still slamming against her ribcage, “I want to leave,” she whispered. “Can we please go?”

“His father is leaving. Sam invited us, we can’t just bail on him because his old man scared you a little. Don’t worry baby, it’ll be fine. Sam’s one of my best friends and one thing I know about him, he knows how to have a good time.”

“I don’t like him,” she mumbled. “He keeps on hitting on me and you’re not doing a damn thing about it!”

“I told you already, he’s just being friendly…he’s harmless, Britt.”

She folded her arms tightly across her chest, “Whatever,” she grumbled. “You know how I feel and you’re not doing a damn thing about.”

He rolled his eyes, “Britt, stop…please. I’d never put you in harm’s way. You know how I feel about you.”

“Apparently not the way I thought.”

Mark sighed loudly, “Don’t pull this.” He put his hand on her leg, “Okay how about this, we only stay for an hour and then after we can leave, okay?”

Brittany was silent for a few seconds and then looked up at him and smiled, “Okay, but only one hour, Mark. I mean it. He gives me the creeps.”


Once Sam reached the door, his father stared at him for a few seconds before saying, “You find out more about Nick Carter and everything that girl knows about him.”

Sam looked at him baffled for a few moment, “What?”

“Just do it!” He hissed, “The less you know, the better. Now I have some hunting to do. I’ll be back tomorrow to find out what you know. Don’t disappoint me.” He then left and shut the door behind him.

Sam ran his hand through his hair and walked back over towards his friends…seeing them making out. He could feel a flare of jealousy shoot through him. He loudly cleared his throat, “Sorry about my dad. He’s a bit weird sometimes.”

“I kind of got that jiff,” said Brittany with a fake chuckle.

He half smiled, “Yeah. So uh, tell me about this journal you were saying before my dad came along. So Jasmine thinks a vampire really wrote it, huh?”

She began to feel uneasy; wishing she never brought it up at all. She had a bad feeling go through her…that maybe he wanted to know more about it more for his father. Was Jasmine in danger now because she opened her big mouth? “Yeah, it’s dumb. It’s obviously not true. It’s not important anyway.”

Sam chewed on his bottom lip and he smirked, “I’ll be right back. I’m gonna make us up some drinks. You guys down?”

Mark nodded, “Yeah, I could go for a beer. You want a drink, babe?”

She knew she couldn’t say no or it would get her boyfriend angry and Sam would just hound her about it. What was one drink? She nodded, “Yeah, sure.”

“Great, I’ll be right back!” He then left and walked into the kitchen and pulled out a few glasses and grabbed two pills and put one in Brittany and Mark’s glass before filling it up with beer. He watched as the pill dissolved into the liquid. If anything was going to make her talk, this would. He grabbed the cups and walked into the living room, “Okay, here ya go.”

“Where’s yours?” Wondered Brittany as she hesitantly took the drink, she sounded suspicious.

“Right in there. I only have two hands,” he teased. “I’m about to grab mine.” He walked into the kitchen and just poured himself a beer and returned, sitting next to Brittany on the couch. “So tell me more about Jasmine,” he urged as he took a sip.

Mark was already chugging the alcohol and Sam could see his eyelids were drooping. This was going to be easier than he thought. “Just tell him about her,” he mumbled. “It’s bad enough that she bailed when you told him she was gonna come.”

Brittany rolled her eyes, “Fine. What do you want to know?” She asked as she took a sip of her drink.

Sam shrugged, “I don’t know…I’d really like to know about this journal honestly. It really got me curious.”

“I told you, it’s nothing. I don’t have anything to say about that.” She looked at Sam and saw he was very persistent and he was going to keep on nagging and nagging. She sighed, “Fine. It’s not true anyway, but here I go.” She took another sip of her drink and began to tell him about what Jasmine told her about the journal. She explained how Jasmine had this crazy thought in her head that the woman in the journal was her mother, Kimberly and that Nick is trying to tell Jasmine about her life and her mother…and that everything her father told her were nothing but lies. “I told her how ridiculous it sounds; I was like JAS, COME ON! I was trying to be the good friend, I really was. I tried to support her theories, but I think some guy just got info on her and is just playing her. She so badly wants to believe this guy…it scares me that she’s going to get really hurt…” Brittany then paused and took a long sip of her beer, “However, then something happened. My good friend was killed. Killed by some bastard who thought he was a vampire or something like that. My friend saw her friend die from this guy raping her and draining her of her blood…so it makes me wonder if Jasmine is right about this…” Brittany violently shook her head and laughed, “What am I saying?!” She suddenly felt terribly dizzy, “Wow, I shouldn’t have done that,” she said that with a soft laugh. She felt her body becoming really heavy, was she drunk already? She never was a light weight. She glanced over at Mark and saw his head had fallen back and his mouth was wide open…he was passed out! She could feel her heart jump out of control as fear began to get the best of her…what did Sam put in her and Mark’s drink? She couldn’t let him know she had caught on, she had to pretend everything was okay…she would just lock herself in the bathroom. She would remain there until the effects of the drink wore off.

“Well someone was tired,” said Sam looking at Mark.

She half smiled, “Yeah, he said he was sleepy before he came over,” she lied.

“But damn,” he continued. “That story about the journal is kind of crazy. Do you think a vampire would really write a book for her?”

Brittany faked out a laugh, “A few days ago I thought vampires were just made up…I don’t even know what to think anymore.” She then cleared her throat, “But I have to use the girl’s room. I’ll be right back,” she said with the friendliest smile she could fake. Once she stood up she felt her legs give out from underneath her and she fell down onto the floor. She put her hand up to her head, “What’s wrong with me?” She mumbled more to herself.

Sam looked at her and snickered, “Drunk already?”

She shook her head, “No…no, I’m not. That’s weird.”

He walked over towards her and knelt down next to her he smiled such a sinister smile and he rubbed the side of her face with the back of his hand, “You are so fucking beautiful,” he whispered.

Brittany began to feel afraid, she had an eerie feeling rush through her. Was Sam up to something? “Yeah…th-thanks,” she mumbled as she looked away from his piercing gaze. “Um…wanna help me up?”

“Now why would I do a thing like that when you’re just gonna be back down on your back?” He asked with a grin.

She felt her heart thump out of control as she felt it was going to break through her chest, “Sam,” she choked on his name. “You’re scaring me.”

He smiled, “Don’t be scared, baby. Just go with the flow.” His hands then crept down to her shirt, “Now let’s have a little fun, shall we?”



Brittany tried to shove him away and fight him off, but whatever what was in her system was getting the best of her. Sam forcefully laid her down on the floor and tore away at her clothes as she screamed for Mark. Her arms were so heavy she could barely lift them, and pretty soon there was no sound coming from her mouth. She felt paralyzed as tears flooded down her cheeks. Mark only shifted a bit and made a small groan before falling down on the side of the couch, he was paralyzed too. Sam had drugged them. Even though Brittany could not move, she could feel everything and see everything this bastard was doing to her. He was violating her breasts with his massive hands, had yanked the shirt from her body and pulled her breasts from her bra. His fingers attacking her nipples…that wasn’t even the worst part. She felt him aggressively enter her, slamming inside her small hole. She wanted to scream, the pain was unbearable…he was so rough, and loud. It were as if Mark wasn’t even in the room. He was speaking the filthiest language to her as he had his way with her…acting as though she was enjoying it. Only if Jasmine were here…only if she came. Brittany knew none of this would have happened. She never would have accepted a drink from the bastard, she would make sure she was completely sober. She had never needed her best friend more than she did then.



Jasmine felt a sudden pain shoot through her. As quickly as it entered her, it faded. What the hell was that? She asked herself. She had a bad feeling go through her and she thought about her best friend. She knew she worried about her far too much, but she couldn’t help it. She loved that girl. She quickly took out her cell-phone and texted her, explaining she was sorry she didn’t get to go out with her and Mark. When she didn’t reply it worried her, but she then thought what her and Mark could be doing…there was no way she was going to search for the couple and to find them all tangled up with each other. She tried to shake that image from her mind. She loved Brittany; she just hated how quickly she gave it up…however she had been crazy for Mark for a while. So maybe in their case it was alright.

The next day Jasmine was awakened from her cell-phone going off. She reached over and saw it was her father. She picked it up, “Hello?”

“Jasmine, are you sleeping?”

She cleared her throat and tried not to sound as tired, “No, I’m up. What’s up, dad? Is everything okay?”

He laughed, “Yes, everything is fine. Can’t I call my daughter without anything being wrong?”

She sheepishly laughed, “Yeah, I guess so. So what are you up to?” She asked, as she sat up in her bed and stretching her legs out.

“Well actually I was wondering if maybe you wanted to grab a bite to eat with your old man? I hadn’t had lunch yet and wanted to see if you were hungry.”

Jasmine had today off and she made no other plans. She smiled into the phone as she said, “I’d really like that a lot, dad. Can you give me half an hour to get ready? I can meet you at the restaurant if you like?”

“That sounds good, okay I'll see you in a little bit, Jassy.” By the sound of his voice there was no hiding his excitement of seeing his daughter and Jasmine couldn’t hold back the smile as she hung up the phone.



Jasmine met her father at a small local restaurant. She had never seen her father happier and she couldn’t even begin to describe the feeling it brought her. Seeing her father smiling and talking non-stop made her realize how much she missed him…and how much he really missed her. But it pained her as she thought about his late wife…her mother; Kimberly. She wanted so badly to tell him about everything she learned, but she could just imagine the agony he’d feel…and she didn’t want to put him through that. She decided she would just have to see where the journal led to. Paul was talking about something, about one of her uncles becoming a grandfather and she tried to pay attention but her mind kept on wandering towards her mother…and it was killing her not mentioning it. No matter how much she told herself she had to wait, she couldn’t…she felt like she was going to explode if she didn’t get this out of her system.

“Dad, can I…can I ask you something?” She asked in a low voice, as she took a quick bite out of her turkey sandwich she had ordered.

He looked up at Jasmine confused by her timidity, “Of course, Jassy. You don’t need to ask. What’s on your mind?”

She had to try to word it correctly. She wanted to sound suttle and not so anxious. She wanted him to think she was legitimately curious. “I-I want to know more about my mother. What else do you know about her?” That sounded sincere enough…he wouldn’t suspect anything. Why would he? She shook her head of those thoughts; she had to get a grip of herself.

Paul looked at his daughter in a little state of stun. She never asked about her, so it made him curious to why she wanted to know now. “Your…your mother?” His voice sounded a bit distressed, “What do you want to know?”

Jasmine could feel her hands trembling as she took a sip of her drink. She had to control the nervousness in his voice, “How much do you know about her?”

Paul studied her face and confusion washed over him. He didn’t understand what his daughter meant. How much did he know about his wife? He knew everything there was about her…she was his world. He couldn’t breathe without her…how he kept on living while she was gone still surprised him. Then he looked at his beautiful little girl. She was the reason he kept on going, she was his strength now. “I’m sorry, Jassy…but what?” He asked with a short laugh. “She was your mother, my wife. I love her.” There he went again, acting as if she was still alive. He didn’t like to use past tense when he spoke about her, “I knew everything. You ask and I’ll tell,” he replied with a smile. “What brought all this on? You’ve never asked about her before.”

This conversation wasn’t going as well as she hoped it would. How could she explain how she meant when she wasn’t even really sure? How would she start? So Dad, a vampire sent me this journal about my mother and she hasn’t been faithful to you. She’s actually been cheating on you…with the vampire. He would lock her up in a loony bin so fast she wouldn’t even know what hit her. And then the pain he would have to go through…it would just be unbearable for him and it might kill him.

Jasmine shrugged, “I guess I just wanted to know who she was.” She could see his brown eyes were beginning to tear up and she could feel the cringe in her heart, for she was the one to cause those tears. “I’m sorry, dad. I didn’t mean to bring her up, I know how difficult it is to talk about her.”

Paul cleared his throat, “You just need to know one thing about her, Jasmine. She was this amazing person. She brought light to a room, she always had the most beautiful smile on her face…the smile you inherited,” he said, in a low broken voice as he rubbed the side of his daughter’s face. His eyes then got serious and they burned through her like fire, “Is someone telling you lies about her?” His voice so thick and strong it almost frightened her.

Jasmine looked up at her in complete disbelief. Why would he suddenly think someone was telling her lies about her mother? Did he know? Did he just pretend everything was okay? She knew now she couldn’t say anything until she knew all the facts. She shook her head, “What? No.” She then shrugged and put on her saddest face and lowest voice, “I just wish I knew more about her, that’s all.”

Paul stood up and walked over to her side of the booth and sat down next to her. He embraced her tightly, “I know, Jassy. I wish I could just open up about her without feeling my chest is being stabbed over and over again.” That alone brought tears to her eyes. Was that really how it felt when he spoke about her? That killed her even more. How could she ever tell him the truth when just speaking about her brought him such pain? If he found out she cheated on him, that knife start to turn and turn...and he just wouldn’t be able to survive that. “Just know this,” he whispered, “She loved you more than anything.”

She definitely was not expecting that. Her mother loved her? So she thought not just about herself? She found that hard to believe considering the way she was acting towards Nick. But she still had a lot to learn before she should give the verdict. “Really?” She choked out, not believing her throat was closing up on her. Maybe this is what she needed…this is what she wanted. She wanted to hear her mother loved her and that she cared about her.

Paul smiled, “Yes, really. I’ve been holding something for you. She gave it to you when you were only two years old, but I didn’t want to give it to you until you were old enough.”

Jasmine could feel a bolt of emotions rush through her. Her mother gave her something and her father neglected to tell her about it all these years? “Old enough?!” She snapped, “Dad, I’m twenty-four years old. I think I’ve been old enough for quite some time now, don’t you think?”

He nodded, “I know…I’m sorry, Jassy. I guess I just didn’t know how to give it to you. Come on, let’s pay the bill and then head back to my place and I’ll get it for you.”

She half smiled and nodded. He called for the waitress and moments later she gave him the bill. Once he paid for their lunch they left for Paul’s house. Jasmine felt strangely anxious, it was a feeling she wasn’t used to. They walked up to his bedroom and Jasmine sat down on the bed while he opened the closet and reached up and pulled out a shoe box that was on the shelf. He walked over towards his daughter and sat down on the bed next to her. Once he opened up the lid, Jasmine looked inside to see photographs of him and her mother. Ones she had never seen before. She looked up at Paul and saw the look of pain in his eyes, but he nodded and allowed her to go through the pictures. Kimberly was so young, so beautiful…she could certainly see the resemblance she carried of her mother after seeing photos such as these. She saw the love she had in her eyes for her father and it made her wonder…was Nick really telling the truth? But why would he lie? Why would someone want to put untruthful thoughts in her mind about her dead mother? It just didn’t make sense to her and the photos she was looking at was before she even existed. Maybe the thoughts she had for her mother were just false, because the anxious feeling she felt inside her stomach just from her father telling her that she had a necklace from her mother…it brought her…almost joy.

“She was really beautiful,” Jasmine finally said after not speaking one word.

He smiled, “Yes…yes she was. You look just like her, you know? You may not see it, but you really do.”

With the back of her hand she wiped away a tear that managed to escape, “I can see that. I have her eyes.”

He nodded, “Yes you do.” He then dug into the shoe box and pulled out another box, but it was smaller, a rectangler shape, “She wanted you to have this,” he said, above a whisper. “Please keep this safe and close to your heart like I have.”

Jasmine took the box from her father and opened it up and she nearly lost her breath for half a second as she looked at the gorgeous piece of jewelry. “Oh my Gosh,” she murmured as she stared down at the sterling silver pendant necklace. Her finger tips traced the bat wings that connected to a beautiful ruby jewel. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. She took it out of the box and put it on, it felt so right…it belonged on her. It was perfect, “This is so beautiful, dad. I never expected her to have something like this.”

Paul looked at his beautiful little girl and realized she no longer was his beautiful little girl…she was this gorgeous woman. She looked so much like her mother it was killing him…she was going to break so many hearts and ever since she was born he promised himself, whoever broke her heart, he would break their neck. “You’d be surprised how much alike you are with her.”

She half smiled, “Why did it take so long for you to give this to me?” She wondered.

He looked at his daughter and sighed, “I’m not really sure. Maybe it has to do with the things about her past I wanted to keep hidden from you.”

Jasmine looked at him confused and could feel her heart beat pick up, “Things? What kind of things? I think I’m old enough to know the truth, dad.”

He ran his hands through his hair and looked up at her and shook his head, “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have said anything. I think it’s time for you to go. I’ll see you soon okay, Jassy?”

Jasmine sat there looking at her father stupefied, “What? But dad…”

“Jasmine, now!” He ordered as his voice grew louder. He looked at her with his sad brown eyes and mumbled, “I’m sorry…I just really need you to go. Please,” he said as he sat down on the chair with his hand to his face, trying to hold back the sobs.

Jasmine just didn’t know what to think. She stood up and walked over towards him and put her hand on his shoulder, “Thank you for the necklace…” she paused, “But just so you know, I know more about her than you think. Call me when you’re ready to talk…I’m tired of this game…I’m tired of you hiding things from me. I’m not a little girl that you have to protect things from. I can deal with knowing the truth.” He glanced up at her and she stared at him for a few moments, seeing the pain he was in. That was when she realized he knew all along…he knew his wife cheated on him. When there was nothing else to say she left his house and went into her car



Paul felt the warm liquid roll down his cheeks as he heard the car leave his property. He hated how much he missed Kimberly…there wasn’t a day that passed by where he didn’t think about her. Giving Jasmine that necklace and opening up that box was such a mistake, it was bringing back all the heartache he once felt when she first left him. Theory was, as time passed it was supposed to get easier, but that was a bunch of crap. It hasn’t gotten easier for him, only worse. He wiped his drowning eyes and stood up from the chair and put the lid over the box of the memories he and his love once shared. His mind kept on going back to Jasmine and what she had said before she left…what did she mean she knew more about her mother than he thought? His heart began to quicken as his blood rushed through his veins as he could feel his breathing becoming short. Did she…did she know about…him?