- Text Size +

I’m not sure how we ended up against the wall, exactly. But I knew, I was pressing against her, and her arms were around my neck. I don‘t even know how long we had been kissing. What I do know, is that my breathing was elevated, my heart was racing, and my hands were roaming. Every time my hand made contact with her bare skin, I pressed against her harder.

Her hands moved slowly from around my neck, then trailed down over my shoulders, and stopped at my chest. I felt her try to push me away gently…but, it was a weak effort on her part. Then she mumbled something against my mouth, didn‘t really hear what it was. I was too busy, moving my lips from her mouth down to her jaw line. I could hear her breathing heavily, and her hands ran up and down my chest. Did she really want me, as bad, as I wanted her? It sure as hell seemed like it, but how was I to know.

“Stop…Jack…” she sighed, almost inaudibly.

I heard her request, but I just couldn’t stop myself. My hands now clung to her hips, and my kisses continued to move slowly, lower and lower.

I felt her push me again, this time a bit stronger, “I’m…seri…ous…Jack…I mean Alex.” when she saw that I wasn’t listening, she shoved me harder and I stopped. “We can’t do this…I will not make that mistake again.”

Her comment…sent a current of pain, right through me. I was offended. I knew I wasn’t the best fucker in the world, but I didn’t know I was that bad. The look on her face, let me know, that the pain I was feeling was visible. I cursed under my breath and began for the door, without saying a word.

“Alex…I didn’t mean it that way. You should know better than that.” although I could hear the sincerity in her voice, I didn’t want to listen to her. I spun around, trying to make out the noise I had heard, just as she spoke. She bit her lip, and crossed her arms, as she continued on her apology. “I meant…that I don’t want to go through the same pain again. When all this goes back to normal…and you and her…”

I had heard what she said, but I was too focused on the shadow in the window, that I hadn’t really paid attention to it. With one swift movement, I pushed her to the floor and grabbed the gun from the nightstand, aimed and fired. One shot…made the window glass shatter…two…three…seemed to fly out into the darkness.

Within seconds the bedroom door flew open, “What the hell was that?” I heard Yelina ask.

I was still staring out the window, contemplating on going out to see if I had shot anyone. I was inching my way, towards the window to take a look, when the bullets came soaring from outside, in all directions. I tried to throw myself over the bed, but instead landed on the side, bounced off the mattress and landed flat on my back. “Fuck” I groaned, turning around, and staying there on my stomach.

As I looked around, I noticed, both women were in the same position as me, but they looked terrified. Yelina was on the floor, in the hallway, covering her head. While, Crystal was almost next to me, still in her intimates, staring at me in horror. Her hands over her ears. I knew this whole incident, was only bringing her memories…

Suddenly the buzzing of the stray bullets had stopped, I could only hear our breathing, and some commotion outside. Which I imagined were the neighbors. I took advantage and dragged myself like a soldier, towards the kid. “Are you alright?” I asked, already knowing her answer.

She just nodded at me, her hands still over her ears. I could hear her mumbling “I know…why this is happening…all over again.”

“We are ok. I’m not going to let anything happen to you…Crys.” I gave her a reassuring nod, but she hesitantly nodded back, at me. “Now…I need you to crawl towards Yelina…ok.” once again she nodded, and lifted herself off the floor, staying on her hands and knees she began for the door.

When I lifted myself off the floor, something flew into the room, and thudded against the wall. I watched it roll under my bed, letting out a hissing noise. I bent my head to see and almost pissed my pants, when I realized it was a small bomb. “RUUUN” I shouted, picking myself up off the floor, and heading towards the door. I scooped up the kid with one arm, and met Yelina in the hallway. We all began to run down the small hall and into the kitchen, and out the back glass sliding door.

My feet had barely hit the grass, when I heard the explosion behind me. I hadn’t even realized that I still had the kid in a tight vice grip. I continued to run a few more feet, before stopping and putting her down. Letting out a deep sigh, I ran my fingers through my hair. What the fuck is it with gunfire and explosions following me everywhere? Damn it!

I couldn’t believe something else of mine was in flames…luckily it wasn’t the whole house…it just happened to be…MY ROOM!! It was hard to peel my eyes off the scene, but the kids rambling broke my concentration.

“Ja…Alex…I know…um…why. I mean…the explosion…and the guys…it…he’s…” her breathing was shallow, as she tried to stumble through her words. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m damn sure there were tears in her eyes…not a big fucking surprise, though.

“God…would you shut UP!” Yelina cut in, grabbing onto my arm. “Aye! Alex has better things to do, than to listen to your…” Oh just fucking great. I really didn’t need extra shit to deal with, at the time.

Crystal threw her hands up in the air “THIS IS IMPORTANT GOD DAMN IT…so back the fuck off princess!” she glared at Yelina, resting her hands on her hips. “Jack needs to listen!”

“Que nina mas estupida! You don‘t understand…once again his name is Alex.” Yelina snapped back, making me groan. My head was pounding, as I looked from one, to the other. How the fuck, had I gotten stuck with these two? Granted I didn’t really consider myself stuck with them, per say, just their bickering. I could have sworn they were getting along.

The kid gave Yelina a cold glare, “Did you just call me stupid in Spanish? You know I should…” the kid suddenly lunged at Yelina, who went tumbling down, with the blonde on top of her.

I stood there in shock, watching as they cursed a storm, and Yelina let out yelp after yelp. The twosome were rolling around in the grass, there was hair pulling, actual fists flying, and legs kicking. The bad guy in me, wanted to continue to watch the two women going at it…I mean, Crys was already wearing, close to nothing and Yelina was in a mini skirt and a bikini top…so, I was getting quite the show. But, the good guy in me, really wanted to stop the madness, there wasn’t really any reason for them to be fighting. We were in this together, so we had to look out for each other, instead of fucking each other up.

Rolling my eyes at my stupid thoughts, I walked over to stop the fight. The kid was sitting on Yelina’s stomach and her hands were around the woman’s throat. Yelina was kicking her legs, and trying to set her neck free, from Crystal’s grip. Just as I reached over to grab Crystal, Yelina sunk her teeth into the kid’s arm. She let out a cry and instantly let her go…I fell back on my ass with the kid on top of me, while she cursed a storm and stared at the teeth marks on her arm.

“You bit me, you bitch!” she snarled.

Yelina stood up, dusting herself off, and fluffing her hair. “Yeah well you were choking me…comepinga…” she gave the kid the finger and continued mumbling to herself.

I couldn’t help the snickers, in my throat and pursing my lips wasn’t helping. “She called me something bad, didn’t she?” Crsytal asked, hugging herself.

“You don’t want to know!” I said, slipping off my shirt and handing it over to her. I wouldn’t get cold, I still had an under shirt. “So you were saying…” She stared at it for a bit, then looked up at me and back down at the shirt. That woman is stubborn up the ying yang…I can tell, that she’s freezing her ass off, but does she want to admit it. Hell no.

With a yank, she pulled the shirt out of my hands and slipped it over her small frame. I could see it in her eyes, that whatever it was she had been trying to say, was really important. Her eyes met with mine, and she took a couple of steps closer to me. My heart started racing again. I seriously hated, the fact that just a look from her, could send me into a fucking frenzy.

She swallowed hard, and then bit her bottom “There is something I should tell you…I just don’t know how…”

“Just fucking say it…that easy.” Yelina muttered, trying to detangle her hair, with her fingers. “I’m sorry Alex…but I have a feeling she is just fucking around. She’s just a kid… What the hell does she know about your problems?” both women were scowling at each other, but they kept their distance.

Crystal snapped her head up “I know a lot more than you do sweetie. You may be the person he has now…but I bet you anything…you don’t know half the shit I know.” her gaze fell upon me again, and her glare, softened. “Look you may go as Alex here, but these guys are definitely not after him…it’s Jack they are after.”

Yelina had taken a couple of steps closer to us, and she was going on and on in Spanish. My patience was wearing very thin and if the kid had something to say she needed to spit it the fuck out now, before the howling fire trucks, made it to the house. “Just fucking say it…Crys…stop beating around the fucking bush. You know I hate that.” My brows furrowed, as my eyes locked with hers. I have to admit, my tone was a bit harsh, but really…a bomb went off in my house, these two just went at it…and on top of that, there was something important I was about to find out and she wouldn’t hurry the hell up, and spit it out. I think I had the right to be irritated.

“It’s…” My eyes drifted to her mouth, I watched as her tongue slipped out, to wet her lips. “I’ve been looking for you all over the place…and it’s for more than one reason.” she was now playing with the hem of my shirt. “I…I came here, to find you, because I knew something would happen. I knew that he’d find you…”

She knew this would happen? She knew who would find me? Wait a damn minute…she knew about all this…? I grabbed her arms roughly, and pulled her to me, with force. Our noses were almost touching, as I scowled at her.

“You knew this would happen?!?” My face was hot, the rage was bubbling in the pit of my stomach. At first she didn’t respond, she just frowned and stared at the ground. Then, all three of us looked towards the house, when we heard the sirens blaring, saw the lights flickering, and heard the voices of the fire fighters.

I shook her a little, “Fucking spit it out…NOW!” I demanded. Nodding her head, she spoke up, her voice was almost a whisper, I could barely hear her. “Alex…um…Don’s alive.” My hands immediately released her arms, which was a big mistake. She was lucky that I felt the way I did, about her…cause if it would have been anyone else, it was more than likely they’d get a fist in the face.

She just stood there, like a scolded puppy, waiting for my reaction. I sure had a fucking reaction for her, but I couldn’t bring myself to say or do anything drastic. Instead I felt my blood run cold, as I stared into her watery blue eyes. I couldn't believe what an idiot I was, thinking I could live a normal life. Six months of normality had flown by, they had only been a fucking tease.

Why hadn't she said something before? I felt let down, by the kid. Hell, if I hadn’t known better, I would have sworn, she had just stabbed me in the heart.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks again, for reading and reviewing...I love all the feedback and knowing you enjoy. lol!