- Text Size +

I’ve grown to appreciate the beach, the way the waves tussle with each other, like its a damn fight to get to shore first. How it’s endless, and it seems to meet at some point with the sky. Stretching out my legs I watched as the seagulls, flew about and a family nearby ran around, chasing each other. I couldn’t help myself from smiling, they seemed happy. Sometimes everyone else seems to be happy, except for me. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got pretty much, everything a guy could want. Hell, where do I start…

There’s this beautiful beach house, a new and improved job, a loaded bank account, my bad ass car, and a fucking hot, sidekick. Even though, at first, I can tell you, that I wanted to kill her just as bad, as I wanted to kill the kid, when I met her. But, I have to admit that, she’s grown on me, and I take her shit, cause she’s the only one that takes mine. Speaking of the devil.

Yelina came running past me, I couldn’t help my eyes, from scanning the woman from head to toe. She was wearing a two piece bikini, that didn’t leave much to my imagination. “Come on Alex!” she yelled, letting the waves engulf her.

“Your nuts!” I yelled, standing up and dusting my ass off. “You’re going to catch a fucking…ah what the hell” I pulled my shirt over my head, and jogged over to meet her, also letting the freezing waves push me around. It’s fucking amazing, how many hours you can spend out there, once your body adjusts to the freezing water.

When we were finally tired out, the sun had already started to go down, We were dripping wet and leaving a water trail with each step, as we made way to my room. Then, she came crashing into me, knocking me into the wall, and instantly crashing her lips to mine. With Yelina, sex is somewhat routine. We always seem to end up in bed, especially after a drunken party, dinner, an argument, a really complicated case, and really shitty days.

I’m not complaining, she’s an amazing lover, but she tends to remind me of that one person, that sometimes I wish I could forget. “Stop thinking, Alex!” she whispered into my ear, and gave it a nibble, then busied her hands with my shorts.

My hands gripped her sides, and I pressed her closer to me, as I felt her mouth slowly trail down my chest, and even lower. Pulling her back up to face me, I engulfed her mouth and felt her tongue flick against mine. I spun her around, now I was pinning her agains the wall, her mouth fell open and she let out a moan. Her hands tangled into my hair, and her legs snaked their way around my waist, where I found myself holding her off the floor. I ran my hand down her sides, until I found the tiny strings that held her bikini bottom, on. I was pulling the string, when my head snapped up and I looked out the window.

“Hold on…” I told her out of breath, feeling her legs release my waist, I pushed her lightly away from me, my eyes never leaving the window.

She looked at me, then the window “What is it Alex? You’re scaring me.”

I didn’t even know what the hell was happening, and it wasn’t that I didn’t want to do it with her, but I had that feeling, that someone was watching me. All my mojo, as Austin Powers would say, was gone. “I’m sorry, I can’t do this, but why don’t you stay.” I could see the disappointment in her eyes, this also wasn’t the first time, I left her hanging, in the middle of a heated moment.

She let out a frustrated sigh, and rolled her eyes at me “You do this often! If you don’t want me around, just come out and say it!” she stormed out of my room, and headed towards hers.

“Yelina you know damn well, that it’s not that at all…just give me a fucking break.” I still had that uneasy feeling, in the pit of my stomach.

Then it suddenly happened, she plopped onto the end of the bed, and started to cry. I have to admit, I was pretty startled by the act, I hadn’t seen a woman cry, ever since Crystal. To think I was convinced, I would never have to deal with waterworks again. "Oh for fucking sakes, don't start crying."

She looked up at me, "You are full of shit! I may be some fucking cuban girl to you, but I'm not stupid, Alex."

"I never said that..." I defended myself, she could be annoying, loud, complicated, but I never though she was stupid. "Just calm down. You don’t have to cry, you know that…” I swallowed the nervous knot in my throat, even though I was way more at ease, with a lot of shit. When it came to the emotional department, I was still a little rusty, believe me Yelina doesn’t get any special treatment. My temples had suddenly, started to throb like a bitch and her high pitched voice, going a mile a minute in spanish, wasn't helping. "Yelina...I'm going to bed, please don't leave. Don't even go outside, alright?"

"VETE AL CARRAJO!" she yelled at me, as I made way to my room. Good thing she translated that, last time. I don't take it personal anymore, she sends me to hell, at least once a day.

Grinning I entered my room, closed the door behind me and walked over to the window. I didn’t know why I had this feeling, that there was someone out there, but I really had no idea, who the fuck it was. It was still early, but it was rare when I got to bed on time, it wouldn‘t kill to get a good nights rest, for once. I pulled off, my cargo shorts and hopped into to bed, sinking into the sheets, I closed my eyes and felt myself, fall into a deep sleep.

My eyes snapped open, and my breathing was elevated, as I sat up in my bed. There were sweat drops nestled, on my forehead and my throat was extremely dry. "Damn it. Don is dead, why does it feel, like he’s suddenly popping up, in my dreams?" I spoke out loud. I swear, its like he is hunting me down, or something...like every time I turn around, he is there. Fuck!"

Just as I was about to get out of bed, I heard noise coming from the living room. Quickly I opened the drawer and dug in for my dad’s pistol, damn she’s beautiful. I took the cold steel into my hands, and slowly opened the door, I aimed at nothing, as I crept through the hallway towards the living room. The sound was coming from the kitchen, I snuck around the room corners, exaggeratedly, but after my dream, I was becoming uneasy.

Once the source was located, I jumped out of the corner of the kitchen and aimed my gun “Freeze motherfucker” I shouted, and my eyes widened in horror, as I watched Yelina in her little pink nightie, jump sky high, and let out a shrill, as little white fluff flew all over the place.

“You fucker! You scared the shit out of me, and your not supposed to say FREEZE, cause you’re not a cop!” Yelina started smacking me, and throwing the rest of the popcorn. “You JERK!”

I tried really hard to hold back my laughter “I’m sorry…. I just had a bad dream and I heard noises…I assumed…” remembering the dream, made all the humor of the moment, diminish. I placed the gun, on the counter and ran a hand over my neck, “I just feel, like something is going on.”

She came close and ran a hand over my cheek. “You’re just stressed Alex…maybe you are still, getting used to all this new stuff.” I watched as she bit the bottom of her lip, and took a couple of steps closer to me. Her hand ran over my bare chest, sending a slight shiver, through my whole body.

Damn it! I hadn’t even realized I was almost naked. “Uh…that could be.” I was fighting the temptation, I really was. Then again, what is the purpose of letting, such a woman go to waste. It’s not like there is someone, I have to be faithful too. With that, ending my pep talk, I snaked my arm around her tiny waist and pulled her into me, engulfing her mouth, as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Wait, we have to pick up this mess, Alex.” I couldn’t help to roll my eyes, the fucking things women worry about, right when you’re getting into the mood.

I groaned and let her loose, “You’re not serious…”

“Aha…someone is all heated up now…” she giggled. “…but, I thought you weren’t in the mood…?” scooping up a handful of popcorn, from the counter, she flung it, at me.

“Oh is that how it is?” I bent over, watching her dash towards the room. “I’ll get you!” I hollered, taking as much popcorn, from the floor, as both of my hands would hold. Sometimes, we tend to be like a married couple, at least that is what, those that know us, say. I guess, being married to her, wouldn’t be bad at all. I just…think you can’t, marry someone, you don’t love. She let out a squeal, when she noticed that I was sprinting after her. I watched as she fell backwards on to my bed, playfully screeching, while the popcorn flew everywhere.

“Annie is going to kill you, tomorrow.” she giggled, staring into my eyes. I let myself fall onto her, my hands caressed everything, that belonged to her, while my mouth covered hers. I assume, you know what happened next.

The drumming of my phone, against the nightstand, woke me. Quickly I turned to look at the clock, it was only two in the morning. I already knew, who called me at such a time. I set my arm free, from under Yelina’s body and flipped open the phone, “Mclean” I answered, groggily.

“Mornin…there was another hit Mclean. Bernardo Rodriguez and his wife, also a drug trafficker, but…he was a rival to Osorio. I’m starting to think, they are killing each other off. It looks, like they were killed the same way, but I would appreciate it if you could…take a look. Just, to be sure.” the line went dead, as I tried to process, everything he had told me. I couldn’t understand, what the fuck was happening, but it was starting to sound like, a war was...or had already, broken out.

“I’ll be right there…” I finally answered and snapped my phone shut, then let out a groan. Now, I really like that they tend to need my expertise a lot. The only thing is that I’m pretty much on call, and they call me, at any time and no matter what or who, the hell I’m doing.

Sitting up, Yelina rubbed her eyes “Is everything alright Alex?” she asked, slipping back on, her pink nightie.

“Gotta go…” I told her, getting up and pulling on my boxers, I rummaged the closet and threw on a pair of black jeans, and my good old hoodie.

“Wait…take me, Alex! I want to come. Please.”

I tend to be an asshole, sometimes. I think you guys already know that. “I thought you did that already!” I smirked, stuffing my wallet in my pocket.

“Pig!! I promise I’ll stay in the car." she pouted, I hate when she does that, it gives me this nasty pang in the pit of my stomach. Because it reminds me, so damn much of the, kid. "Plus, you said someone, might be outsid! You know that I hate staying in this big house, at night. Please!” she gave me those puppy eyes. What is it with women, and the puppy eyes or sticking out their bottom lip? I‘m not sure, but it gets me every time.

Snatching the keys off the dresser, I let out a heavy sigh “Ok…fine, but, I swear Yelina, if you do anything like the past couple of times…I’m making you get on the bus and go to YOUR HOME!” I gave her, the signature evil eye as she jumped out the bed and flew to her room, to get dressed.

If you remember, when I asked the kid to stay in the car, she did, but then, got my ass kicked, by a wrestler. Well, Yelina made me rescue a litter of kittens...yes, kittens and keep them here. I didn't sleep for days, with all the fucking meowing, that went on. The worst one, was the day, she got nosy and decided to see a crime scene, yeah that didn't go, over well. She almost tucked herslef, in my pants, for a whole week. She was glued to me...it was fucking horrible!  

A couple of minutes later, as we made way to ‘beauty’ my mind was full of thoughts, I couldn’t understand, why or how such well known dealers, where dying. Mainly, who the hell could be killing them, and wanting a war to start between different, dealers. After a deep sigh, of confusion, we both hopped into my ’beauty’ and headed out, for yet, another investigation.

Chapter End Notes:
Hey ladies, hope you liked. I was wondering if there is anything in speciifc you guys would like to see...Alex go through. I've got most of this story worked out, but I'm curious to know your thoughts. Thank you very much for the R&R! *hugs*