- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey all, I was in a damn writing funk...couldn't write on anything. Thanks to Kris she got me out of it...yay! hope you like...I want the action to start already! Thanks ladies!

I was driving, but my mind wasn’t on the road. Was it weird, that now, I was trying to help, the police catch a hitman? A hitman…that I had figured out, wasn’t a man. Of course, only Yelina and I knew about this, she swore she had seen the female figure, and I had found a broken nail, which didn’t belong to the victim. I let out a sigh, and fixed my eyes on the rearview mirror, noticing a car tailgating me.

“Is it me, or has that car been behind us, since we left the scene?” I turned over to look, at a half asleep Yelina.

Her head snapped up, while my eyes reverted to the road, and back onto her. She rubbed her eyes, and twisted around to look out, the back window. “Yeah, I saw that car back there, it’s a…” she squinted eyes, “If I’m not mistaken, a limo or maybe a Lincoln” she turned around and looked at me “Are we in trouble?”

With a shrug, I turned to have my eyes meet with hers “Not that I know of, maybe it’s just my imagination.” I gave her a reassuring smile, but I knew damn well, that something wasn’t right. I tried to keep my eyes on the road, that didn’t really happen though, they always sneaked over to the mirrors. It was annoying, how many questions I had floating about in my mind, and the worst part was, that I had no fucking answers for them.

The crime scene, had been just like the last one, a man and a woman sniped, with sliced throats. The house had been ransacked, but nothing valuable had been taken. I was confused, and this time, I didn't have all the answers for Jenkins. Before I knew it, I was pulling into my driveway, and instantly I got the feeling, that something wasn‘t right. Quickly I hopped out, bent down and snatched my baby, from under my seat.

We were busy, looking around for the car that had been following us, but there wasn’t a car in sight.

“Maybe we were just being paranoid.” Yelina voiced, as she made way up to the front door, then came to a sudden halt. I was too busy looking around, I ended up crashing into her, “Or maybe not!” we both stared at the open door.

What the fuck was going on? “Wait here…” I protectively pulled her behind me, and aimed my baby, at the darkness. Slowly I crept inside and was taken aback, by the state my house was in.

Her gasp, brought me back to the moment, I couldn’t believe the disarray, my place was in. My blood was boiling with anger, and I felt, like someone had taken a punch to my gut. I looked around, the sliding door was broken, my couches were turned over, papers, CD’s, clothes were scattered everywhere. Obviously, someone was looking for something, specific. Hell, it almost looked like the recent crime scenes, with the exception, that I was still alive.

So, I did the only thing, I could think of. Without a word, I grabbed Yelina, pulling her back outside and into the car. "What's this all about Alex? Who would do that to you?" she was rambling, and not letting me concentrate, on my next task.

"Yelina, do me a favor and shut up!" I snapped, but that went unheard. Ignoring her, I flipped open my cell phone and called the closest police station, informing them about the break in, of my house. They told me that a squad car, would be out as soon as possible.

I was pretty pleased with the efficiency…they arrived about ten minutes later. A slender, man in a dark uniform, came strolling up, instantly Richardson in uniform, flashed through my mind. I shook the thought away, as I caught a glimpse of his partner tagging along, behind him. They held notepads in their hands, ready as they approached us. We greeted them, and lead them inside, recounting the events, of how I came home to find the damn place a god damn mess. All my shit, was new too. One of them looked around, while the other started in on the questioning, which I wasn’t looking forward too.

He cleared his throat “Do you have any idea, who may have done this?” he asked, flipping open the little notebook.

“Not a clue.“ I shook my head, knowing damn well, there was a hell of a lot of people that wanted to do something like this, or worse. My mind was racing with ideas, of any possible candidates, but honestly there were too damn many to list.

Writing down something, he asked another question “Do you have any idea of what they were looking for? Is anything missing?” he proceeded to stick the pen in his mouth and chewed it like a damn puppy.

I looked around my destroyed house and rolled my eyes slightly, trying really hard, not to lose my temper. I knew this was protocol, but I was irritated enough, to be asked, the usual stupid questions. “I don‘t have the slightest clue what the hell…anyone could be looking for…I don’t really have anything of value…” I looked around again, noticing, that maybe, I did have valuable shit, but it was all still there in pieces and scattered about. “Although, whatever valuables I DID have…are on the ground or broken.” I rubbed the back of my neck, scrunching my eyebrows, trying to think “I really don’t see anything missing, but it’s hard to tell in this mess, right now.”

“I understand your frustration, Mr. Mclean. Did you happen to see anyone unusual in the area, before you found the mess? Anyone walking around outside, that seemed out of place? Any unfamiliar cars driving around?” he lifted a brow, as he stared at me.

Was this guy fucking serious? I mean, if I saw anyone suspicious, you best bet, I would have kicked their ass, with no need of the police’s help. All I needed was a damn police report, and someone to secure the area…not to play a game of 20 god damn questions, with a fucking moron! “NO!” I stated simply, my voice was dripping with irritation.

It was a good fucking forty five minutes later, before they left. All that for a piece of paper and a ‘call us if anything else happens’. Nothing else is going to happen, cause I’m going to shoot the next motherfucker, that breaks into my house. Angrily I slammed the front door, and let my foot connect with a pile of papers, sending them flying all over the place. Yelina was nowhere in sight, she was probably off somewhere crying, like a damn baby. I began picking up random things, and decided to flip over my sofa…it landed back in place with a thud, and I plopped my ass on it. What was the point of picking anything up?

“Alex! Look at this…I found it on the kitchen counter!” Yelina came storming in, her heels clinked on the tile floor, with each of her steps. “I thought you said, no one knew you…when…” she held out a piece of paper and gave me a terrified look.

My stomach somersaulted, as I slowly took the piece of paper from her hands. I looked up at her and back down at the paper, and started unfolding it cautiously. I felt the room spin, as I read the four words and the name, that was used. "How...? Where did you find this?" My mind was racing. So much shit had happened, in a span of a couple of hours, and I wasn't sure how to take it all in. I looked at the note again and felt a chill run up and down my body. 'I'm watching you, Jack' I reread the note, to myself.

Right away, all my bad memories flooded my mind; my dad, Crystal, Greenville, my old job, Richardson and Don, whom I knew were dead. I couldn't understand, what the hell was happening? What was someone looking for? Who was this fucking someone, that obviously knew me? Was it someone from the old faction? A heartbroken loved one, from one of my targets? Fuck, I had no idea. Only six fucking months had gone by, and shit was starting to happen, all over again. Maybe, someone was playing a stupid joke on me. Who was I kidding, this was fucking real...and someone was looking for me or something, I obviously had.

"I thought you said...no one knew you by that name anymore? I'm scared...I mean...what if someone is out to kill you Alex?" she wrapped a hand around my wrist and shook me a bit. "ALEX!"

"GO HOME!!" I yelled, yanking my arm from her grip. I wrapped a hand aggressively around her upper arm and dragged her through the house.

She tried to fight me off, but I was too angry, for her to win. "Alex...no, you can't send me out there. Stop it!" I could see the fear in her eyes, as she held onto the doorframe, I spun around facing her and picked her up. I wasn't going to put her in danger, I wouldn't forgive myself, if I got someone else that I cared about, involved in my problems. Whoever did this, was obviously after me, not her. She was safe to go home, and that’s what she was going to do, even if I had to drag her ass to the car, stick her in the trunk and drive her there myself.

I didn't love her the way she wanted me too, but that didn't mean I didn't love her at all. Therefore, I wasn't about to let the only person, I had left and that took my shit, be in danger. There was no fucking way!

Chapter End Notes:
Hey love...I'm soo sorry that, your night ended up so bad, because of Jack and I. I hope your day is better. Thanks for getting me out of that funk, though. I know you worked hard last night, and lost it all...but I just couldn't stop. I hope you don't mind.