- Text Size +

I couldn’t believe we were already inside the house, no one had uttered a word the whole drive home. Not only, was I feeling awkward, but I was full of questions for the kid and although, she was standing in front of me I still couldn’t believe it. She had always been on my mind, and even though I hate to admit it, in my heart.

We all stood in the living room, looking around, unable to speak to each other. “Um…let me get you something to wear.” Yelina piped up, forcing a grin, Crystals way. “I can imagine that you would like to clean up. Actually, I can show you to your room.” she turned to look my way, like she needed a nod, to make sure it was all good with me.

I gave her the nod, and cleared my throat, I couldn’t believe how tensed up I was. It felt so hard, to even open my mouth to say anything, but I did it anyway. “Yeah, that would be nice. I’m gonna go clean up, too.” All I could do, was imagine them bitching at each other, as soon as I disappeared, but kept walking down the hall and into my room. A nice warm bath would do me the trick, it always did.

As I stood under the spurting water, my mind was spinning out of control. My car, that I thought was lost, had been blown to pieces. I hadn’t gone crazy, the blonde I always saw was her, but what was really killing me, was the thought of her being part of the crimes. There was no way I could see her, as a killer. No way in hell.

Then, there were these fucking goons that wouldn’t leave me alone. What did they want from me? What the hell did I have of theirs? I had searched every corner of my house, and there wasn’t a damn thing, that I could make to be theirs. All I could think about, was to keep the girls close to me, and just ignore these bastards. They had beaten Yelina, and now blown up my car, in front of the god damn police station, but I still didn’t feel like giving into them.

The question was, what the hell would be next? My house. Me. All of us.

After my long hot shower, I jumped into some clean clothes and headed into the living room. When I didn’t see a soul, I decided to check on the kid. I felt, it was the least, I could do. My house is pretty weird, I have three bedrooms, but two of them are right next to each other. Then I have an extra room, which I can imagine is the master bedroom, because it takes up the entire second floor, but I‘m not the type to go up and down no stairs, so it‘s just for looks.

Carefully I took each step, reciting in my head, what the hell I would say. Did I mention there is no door. Just, as I made it to the last step, my eyes were instantly glued on her bareback. The scene, sent a rush of heat, throughout my body, and that one night, flashed through my mind. Then I realized, that I looked like a pervert and if she were to suddenly turn around, it wouldn’t end very good.

I cleared my throat, making her spin around instantly, “You scared me!” she muttered, pulling down the top as far down, as it would go. I couldn’t help the smirk on my face, if the outfit was from Yelina, there was no way, she could keep from showing all that skin. “Everything is so small.” she gave me a sheepish grin, as she covered her exposed belly.

“Well this is West Palm Beach.” I shrugged, unable to keep my eyes off her half covered body.

She gave me a nod, and looked up into my eyes. God damn feeling was back, full force, I almost felt like hurling all over the place. “I didn’t do anything,” she mumbled, as her gaze fell to the floor, “I just came to…” she pulled on the hem of the shirt, and bit her lip. “It doesn’t matter, somehow I ended up here….”

I had to remind myself, that I was angry at her, for making me believe that this whole time, she was in school. Instead, she was busy driving my car, moving from state to state, taking self defense classes, and buying weapons. “You were supposed to be in school. That’s what you told me, you wanted to do with yourself. Remember?”

She rolled her eyes, “Of course I remember…Jack.”

Hearing that name, come out of her mouth, sent me right back to those days. Although, everything had ended really fucked up. I missed the earlier days, the ones where I spent every waking moment with her. This was really aggravating me, I couldn’t believe I was getting myself worked up, over this kid again. “My name isn’t Jack…It’s Alex.”

“Right!” she gave me a glare. “I forgot everything changed for, you. Well, except your wardrobe.”

I was trying to retain myself, to hold back and not give a shit, but I just couldn’t. Before I knew it, I had a grip on her upper arm, and I was pressing her against the dresser. “I want to know what the hell you’re doing here? I want to know, now.” I stated, aggressively.

She was no longer that timid girl, I knew. “I don‘t have to tell you shit, ALEX! What the hell do you care what I‘m doing here, anyways?” Our faces were inches away, her blue eyes were boring into mine, and her lips were pinched in anger. “Why are you so angry? Did I interrupt your new life?”

I leaned in closer, to where our noses were touching, and I could feel her breath against my lips. “You don’t know shit about me…” As I inched closer, she didn’t look away, I could almost see the old yearning look in her eyes. And I wondered if she could see it, in mine? Fuck, I was dying to do it, to kiss her, but I wouldn’t give into her, not this time. “…anymore.” I whispered.

We stood there, staring at each other angrily, for a couple of minutes, until Yelina’s voice broke up our staring match. “Oh…I’m sorry…”

I snapped my head around, and instantly saw, the pain in her eyes. What the fuck was I going to do, with these two women? My grip loosened on Crystal’s hand, and she finished yanking her arm away. “Thanks for the clothes.” she tried breaking the awkward silence.

“Sure…” Yelina answered, making way back down the stairs.

I turned to follow her “Could you take me to my apartment, so I can get my things? Please?” Crystal asked me, almost in a whisper.

“Yeah, we can go now.” I stated, making way down the stairs. Yelina was in the kitchen, sipping on a fresh cup of coffee. “Hey…” that was all I could say, I knew how she was feeling and even though I had never promised her anything. I couldn’t stop from feeling guilty. “We are going to the kids house, she has to get some things.” I informed her, heading to my room.

We were at the apartment, in less than twenty minutes. I wondered how long she had been living here, twenty fucking minutes away from me? I felt like such, a damn fool. We entered the corridor and walked down to the elevator, lucky for us, the damn thing was out of order. So we quietly strolled up the two flights of stairs and down the hallway. This was not, the way I imagined her living. There was loud music playing from someone’s apartment, children crying and running around like animals, the place looked like shit.

She unlocked the door, and we all trailed in, looking at the empty apartment. “You don’t have furniture.” Yelina stated, the obvious. “How long have you lived here?” I knew she wasn’t asking for my sake, but just cause she was damn nosey.

“I’ve only been here, two weeks.” she stated, giving me a deadly glare. “It’s not what I’m used to, but sometimes shitholes, can bring good things.” after her statement, which was intended to wound me. She began to cram random things into a bag. Looking around, I could tell there wasn’t much, for her to pack and then it hit me, all her things, must have been in the car.

“Um…actually, most of my things where in the car.” she shrugged, and mumbled something to herself, as she finished up.

Then suddenly, I became aware, that there was no longer any music playing, babies crying or children running a muck, in the hall. “Hurry up.” I rushed her, and I got a glare from her. There was no way, I could carry two women on my back, while being shot at, so she was going to have to hurry the fuck up. “I’m serious Crystal.” I raised a brow.

With a roll of her eyes, she flung the bag over her shoulder, then snapped at me, “I’m done, are you happy?” and swung the door open, just to have a bullet zip right at her head. She let out a scream, as she ducked to the floor.

“Shit!” I muttered, and took a couple of steps towards the door, carefully I peeked out and noticed a suited man, at the end of the hallway. He got a glimpse of me, and began shooting aimlessly, as he charged down the hall, right towards us. “Fuck, we have to go, through the fire escape.” I slammed the door shut, and fastened all three locks “COME ON!” I yelled at both of them, that were still standing in place.

I couldn’t work out a plan in my head, on how I was going to try and keep two women safe, at the same damn time. I began to unlock the window, when suddenly the door flew open, and both women let out screams. I instantly looked up, and caught a fist right in the jaw. Motherfucker! I stumbled back, crashing into the wall, the suited guy took advantage, and kicked me right in the gut. I bent over, trying to catch my breath, and got a boot to the face. Son of a bitch!

He then turned around towards the girls, as I tried to get up onto my feet. Both girls were looking at each other, a bit terrified, which made me get my ass in gear and up off the floor. Once he started after them, I jumped onto his back, and secured my arms, tightly around his neck. The bastard was bucking like a wild horse, smashing me into the wall, every chance he could. I felt for my gun, and realized I had left it in the car. Damn it! "Win...dow...NOW!" I tried yelling, but it came out more like a grumble.

Just as I gave up and let go, crumpling to the floor, Yelina came crashing into him, but he didn't even flinch. Instead he grabbed her by the throat, and lifted her up off the floor. She was gasping for air, trying to pry his tight hands from her throat. I thought about my last target, the teacher, even though it had been seven months ago, it felt fresh in my mind and I felt horrible about it.

Now he was slowly walking towards Crystal, as she moved towards the kitchen. I was hoping she was smart enough, to get something to defend herself. I was on my feet, holding onto the wall, when I saw her back hit the counter, and he grabbed hold of her by the shirt. Her hands were feeling all over aimlessly, as he yanked her forward, I slowly made way after him, I felt every inch of my body pulsing with pain. Never knew being sandwhiched between a wall and a big fucker, could be so painful.

Then I heard a piercing scream fill the air. Holy shit! All I could see was Crystal under the big guy, and Yelina sitting against the counter coughing, for air. "Crystal!! Crystal!!" My heart was racing as I reached the threesome, the big guy wasn't moving.

"Get him...off...me! I can't...breath." she complained, making the effort to push him off.

I bent down, and put whatever strength I had into pushing him off. He rolled over, and I could tell he was still breathing. "What the hell did you do to him?" I questioned, raising a brow. "He screamed like a bitch!"

She stood up and saw the blood on her hands "Gross!" she wiped them on her pants, like it was nothing. "I just...stabbed him in the balls. The bastard." she kicked him, then walked over his body, to aid Yelina.

The woman has gone mad. I knew they were still there, and that they weren't harmed, but I had to make sure. I placed a hand over my own balls, thenlet out a sigh of relief. "Remind me not to piss you off." I muttered, as both women approached me. 

"I would never do that to you, although, there have been plenty of times you've deserved it." she gave me a glare, picking up her bag. We all started out the door... 

Yelina turned back "Wait...you...your not going to kill him?" she looked at me, still feeling on her throat, that had turned red. "You're going to just leave him there."

I hadn't killed anyone by choice, in a while and in a way I really wanted to keep it that way. Then again, he must have been one of the bastards that had beaten her black and blue and he had tried to hurt both of them, this time. I was standing there, like some fucking softie, just staring at the guy, that would be waking up. Think Alexander...think.

"No, I think we are going to let him show up with his boss, you know..." I wasn't thinking fast enough, the two women were looking at me funny. "Hell, he might just bleed to death...that's a PREEETTY sensetive area you know. Let's go." I demanded, walking ahead of them.

I knew  they were calling me a 'pussy' in their minds. But I was more worried that this was going to piss, whoever the hell kept calling me off, even more. Things were definately going to get uglier, but I wasn't giving in, just yet. Fuck no!