- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I apologize ahead of time for any and all typos...my computer was acting up. But this is the last update for a while...so I really wanted to post. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

It was dark out, when we were heading back home and miraculously the two women were yapping back and forth about the whole incident. There wasn’t much I could throw into the conversation, because I hadn’t really done anything, but get my ass kicked around. Damn! I’m really getting soft, I should have gone back in there and shot him in the head, that‘s what he deserved. Instead my dumbass, opted to walk away and make this worse.

Their yapping was really getting to my head, it was starting to pound like a motherfucker, and my neck was feeling sore. Not to mention the lump on my cheek, was growing by the minute. I wouldn’t have been surprised if I was looking like Yelina, right about now. We pulled into my driveway, and I quickly exited and headed into the house.

“You guys want to eat…I’ll make something.” Yelina asked, as we all met in the kitchen. Like a fucking mother hen, she started taking out pots and pans, and looking around for something to make.

I stood there, running my tongue over the cut on my lip. Have I mentioned, I hate the coppery taste of blood. My eyes were on the kid, she seemed uncomfortable, unsure of what to do or say. “Um…do you need some help?” she questioned, leaning against the counter, giving me a glance.

Even though it was a bit weird to me, I was happy that the two women weren’t pulling their hair out. Although it would have been sexy as hell, to see two women going at it, just for me. My dirty thoughts were interrupted by a hand on my cheek. “Do you need me to help you clean that up?” Yelina asked, looking at me with concern.

My eyes traveled over to the kid, who had stopped what she was doing, and was looking at us from the corner of her eye. “Um…no…I’m ok. I’m just going…” I started walking backwards. Talk about fucking awkward. I almost ran to my room, and once I was in there I slammed the door, and sat on the edge of my bed. I ran my hands over my face and into my hair, this was it, I was going to go crazy. I never knew that handling two women, was so complicated. The sad part, was that I wasn’t even screwing either one of them…well not anymore.

I decided that laying down and staring at the wall, would help me put my thoughts in order, and boy was I wrong. My head was pounding, and I just couldn’t come up with a plan, on how to get rid of these bastards after me. I looked over at my phone on my nightstand, and wondered why they hadn’t stalked me today. A knock at my door, made me almost jump out of my skin. I hate being jumpy, it’s not my thing.fiit yhjh.

“Come in…” I hollered, not moving from my spot.

I heard the footsteps as someone entered my room, and instantly the familiar scent, took over my room and my nose. “Um…hi. I thought…you might need these things. Since you forgot them…”

I snapped my head up and used my elbows for support. “Oh hey…thanks.” I gave her a smile, as I watched her put down a bottle of alcohol, some gauze and rag.

She stood there, staring at me. “Would you like me to help you?” she asked shyly.

There was no way, I would tell HER no “Sure…” I mumbled, sitting up. There was a knot in my throat, and an even bigger one in my stomach. I watched her as she bent down, and crawled in between my legs. I swallowed hard, and tried to control my need to touch her.

“Are you still as whiney?” she giggled, taking the rag and dabbing it with alcohol. Damn, that’s going to hurt! Carefully she brought the rag up to my face, and held it up towards my cheek, her blue eyes met with mine, and we froze for a couple of seconds.

I felt like I was floating, my head didn’t hurt anymore, but I could hear my heart thumping in my ears, as I watched her face getting closer. “HOLY FUCK, WOMAN” she flinched, falling back on her ass. God damn it. That shit stung like a bitch.

“I see you are…still whiney. Of course it’s going to sting, you have a huge gash on your cheek. Now shut up…” she got back on her knees and started laughing.

This wasn’t funny to me, it fucking hurt. I was starting to wonder, why I was the one always getting my ass beat. “It’s not funny…that shit hurt.”

She gave me a grin, that gave me a flutter in my stomach. Then traced my swollen cheek with her index finger. The urge to pull her into my arms was growing with every passing second. “I’m sorry…” I was looking straight into her eyes, as her face moved towards mine, slowly. “You…made me think you were dead!” she whispered, breaking our eye contact.

Putting my hands on he forearms, I was quick to respond, “I…I thought that was the best for you. You had goals and a plan for your life. I didn’t want to ruin them.”

Suddenly, the door swung open, and there stood Yelina, frozen in place. I guess, it didn’t look to good from where she as standing. I immediately released the kid‘s arms and we all looked at each other, I could feel the tension building in the room. “Um…we were just…” I started, unaware of why I was even explaining myself or stuttering.

“Oh…well…um, dinner is ready. That’s all I was coming to say.” With that she slammed the door. I knew it…that she was pissed off. The slamming of doors is always a sign that she’s pissed, followed by, mumbling, tossing clothes, and sometimes clanking pots and pans. Oh well, I wasn’t going to dwell over it, I had more important shit to think about.

That was the end of our conversation for the night.

Dinner was extremely uncomfortable and quiet, and right after we all mumbled our goodnights and headed to our bedrooms. I couldn’t sleep for shit, just thinking of what the kid had told me. Plus I couldn’t stop thinking of those bastards, I really had no idea what they wanted. Money, hell I had plenty of it, but it was all mine…hard earned too. Well not really hard earned, but you know what I mean. After talking to myself and racking my brain, I was finally able to doze off.

The next day, it was once again silent in the car, we were on our way to see Mrs. Jenkins. I HAD promised to keep an eye on Jenkins’s family. We pulled into the parking lot of the big beach house, it was one of the nicest neighborhoods, in West Palm Beach. It looked, like only the people with money coming out of their asses could live here. Which sometimes struck me as odd, since Jenkins was only a cop, but what the hell do I know.

We all stepped out of the car and we walked up the porch stairs. I knocked once and then again, until I heard the familiar soft voice, that came from inside. Mrs. Jenkins quickly let us all in with a smile, she already knew Yelina, and it seemed that Jenkins had informed her about Crystal. She offered us something to eat, but we all declined.

We made small talk and her two daughters found it amusing, that I was visiting with two women. Whom they insisted on calling my girlfriends. Mrs. Jenkins started the story of the big bust, where Jenkins, Anderson and my dad had been the heroes. She must have found it appropriate having both of us there. The story was going fine, until she came to the part where, Jenkins had retrieved a key to a safe box, that contained millions of dollars, that belonged to one of the dealers. She swore up and down that Jenkins, had turned it in along with the rest of evidence, found that day.

Of course, right then, I started to doubt it.

“Wow…that’s intense.” That’s all that Crystal was able to say, as she looked over at me, then everyone else. I could tell there was a lot of things running through her mind. I had forgotten, that she didn’t know much about her father either, that all this was a lot to take in.

I was ready to get the hell out of there, and do some investigating of my own. If this was what these people were after, they would be after Jenkins soon. Actually, I wasn’t sure why they weren’t after him now or why they had waited so long to retrieve this key…or the money or whatever the fuck it was they were after. Casually I got up and mentioned that it was time to go, that we still had things to do. Which wasn’t true, but neither one of the women protested.

We said our goodbyes and headed back home. Everyone seemed to be in their own world, the kid had opted to sit in the back this time, and Yelina hadn’t fought against it. I could see her in the rearview mirror, and she almost looked pale, as she stared out the window. “Everything ok…?” I asked. Her eyes met with mine through the mirror and without a word, she shook her head.

At the same time I pulled the car into my driveway, my phone began to buzz. I put the car in park, and killed the engine, then took the phone from my pocket and answered. “Mclean!” I stated.

“I was wrong the whole time. What made me think that your father, would trust you with something so powerful.” the voice stated, with a mocking laugh. “This changes everything for you.”

I had an idea of what they wanted now. The new question was, how did they know about it so soon. “No…this leaves me out of it. I don’t have what you want…so leave me the fuck alone.” and snapped the phone shut, and started towards the house. The two women, had already gone inside.

As I walked into the house, my phone began to buzz again. I answered angrily “You gotta stop calling me…” I demanded. I’m not sure what I was thinking, as if demanding it, would actually make them stop.

“NO…I’m not going to stop…until you give me what I want, Jack. That bastard cop has my money, and I want it back. Guess who is going to get it?”

I couldn’t believe all this shit was over money? The money, I was pretty sure, Jenkins had stashed away somewhere. “I’m not doing a damn thing for you. I don’t have what you want…” the two women, where now standing in the kitchen, just watching me, pace the living room.

The voice was a bit rougher now, I knew I was getting them pissed. “Listen…JACK…you were trained for this for fifteen years. You didn’t really think you could live your life, as a normal person. That bastard Jenkins has my money, and I want it back AND for being such a cocksucker, I also want him DEAD.”

I was tired of going around in circles with these bastards, “Like…I…said…I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS. So leave me out of it.”

“You are really trying my patience Jack. Why are you being so FUCKING DIFFICULT. It’s ok…you will end up giving into my demands…one way or the other.” with that said, the line went dead.

My chest was heaving, I was so pissed off. Who did they think they were, threatening me like that. I turned to look at the two women, who were looking at me. There was no way they could know where and what I was doing, just now. How could they know that Jenkins had what they wanted? I quietly walked over to them and looked at each of them, with a raised brow.

“What’s going on Alex?” Yelina asked, swallowing hard. “Is something wrong?”

“Yes something is very wrong. Somebody is fucking with me…” the kid looked up at me, and then back at the floor. Was she fucking me over too? There was only one way to find out. “What are you doing here Crystal??” I asked, my voice was dripping with anger.

Her eyes moved from me over to Yelina “Wait…why are you questioning ME? Why don’t you question her?” she pointed over to Yelina, almost poking her arm.

I looked over at Yelina, whose mouth had dropped, at Crystal’s comment. “Because he trusts me. Plus, you did fall out of the sky…” her hands fell upon her waist and she moved her head a bit.

“I did not…I was looking for him…wait I don’t have to tell you shit. I still don’t understand why you aren’t questioning her…oh maybe it’s the skimpy clothes…she’s got you mesmerized.” now they were facing each other, making random comments at each other. If I was lucky, there was about to be some hair pulling and cat scratching.

Without giving her a chance to protest, I grabbed her by the arm and roughly pulled her into my room. I slammed the door behind me and pushed her onto my bed. “I may be fond of you Crystal, but I don’t fully trust you right about now.”

She smirked and nodded, “Oh you think I’m…part of the bad guys.” she got up, and walked towards me. “You really think…I’m hear to…”

“I need to make sure…there is no way, they could know about Jenkins if they weren’t listening in on my conversations. I am obviously not wired and I’m more than sure, that Yelina isn’t either. Now…I need to know…that you aren’t.” My face was pinched in anger, there was no way, I would let my feelings for her, blind me.

“But I’m not Ja…Alex…” she hollered.

My eyes looked her up and down, “Well there is only one way to find out. So take off…”

Her eyes widened in disbelief and she nodded her head. “I will not…” she stated, trying to push past me. “There is no way…” I grabbed her by the arm, and walked her to the side of the bed.

Then walked over to my dresser and took out the gun. “I changed a lot Crys…but I will still do what I have to do. So don’t piss me off and TAKE…IT…OFF…”

With a glare, she pulled her shirt over her head “Fine!!!” she yelled, throwing the shirt at me. I watched her standing there, unbuttoning her pants. I have to admit, that I was starting to heat up. I swallowed hard, and ran my tongue over my lips, her pants flying at my face, woke me from my daze. “There! Are you happy?!?” she stood, only in her lacy bra and panties, and her hands on her hips.

“Uh…no…” I walked over and stood really close to her.

“Oh really?” she raised a brow, “Will this work for you?” she took my hands and placed them on her breast and then moved my hands around. “I guess you have to make sure…right?” I knew she was upset, the tears nestled in the corners of her eyes, was enough proof. “Oh one more spot…” she pushed my hands down her stomach and lower…”

I yanked my hands away, “This isn’t a game Crystal. I’m serious GOD DAMN IT!”

“SO AM I…ALEX!” she yelled at me. “I’ve gone crazy for the past six months, just looking for you…I didn’t fuck you over then…and I would never do it now.” angrily she wiped away the tears and pushed me towards the door. “Now get out so I can change.”

I started to open the door, then turned around, she was picking up her clothes, and sniffling at the same time. I wasn’t sure of what I was about to do, but it just seemed to be right. I walked over to her, took hold of her arm and spun her around. Then without letting her say anything, I pulled her into me and crashed my lips against hers.