- Text Size +
Chapter 1
They always screamed! Every last female and it was intoxicating as hell! Why, because we were THEM. Welcome to the world of Backstreet, but in particular, welcome into the world of Alexander James McLean, although, not the world that you think you know! Oh, no, what you think you knew is not the truth. The story you know of how Backstreet got together was made up to impress, to sell, and to cover! I’m going to take you on a journey, so you can see and understand just how we got to be the group, Backstreet. Let’s first say that what my world has become, the toughest don’t even want to tread through it. Perhaps I should take you back, back to the start, back to when there was no group, just me, back to when SHE walked into my life…

-----
“What’s wrong man?” I glanced to my right and shrugged. Something deep inside was not sitting right. Something was going to happen, but no damn clue what that something was. “Give, Age.”

“Steve, I don’t even know.” I paused, pulled a cigarette out, but didn’t light it. “You know how you feel something is going to happen?”

“Yeah.” I put the cigarette to my lips and lit it, savoring that sweet feel. “Is that how you’re feelin’?”

“Somethin’ like that.”

“What could be up? You got the start of the dream job, the dream girl. Nothing could go wrong.” Steve was right. I was in the music business, or the start of the music business, and tons of females lusted after me and screamed my name already. And Steve was right about my girl, I had one very gorgeous chick, Tatiana, and yeah, she could rock my world. But even all that did not stop that feeling. “How about after everything that we have to do is done, the three of us go out, just a guy’s night? It’s been forever.” I took a drag and than exhaled, letting those few seconds buy me some time as I thought it over. I took another quick drag, threw the bud over the side of the wall and noticed the brightness of the moon. I stared at it, something about it being strange tugged at my mind. “A harvest moon.”

“No, it’s…never mind. A guy’s night out sounds good.” He nodded his head and turned to head back inside, ending our discussion. I turned my eyes back to the moon, noting that it was redder, than the orange-yellow of the harvest moon. And it really was brighter than a normal full moon. It just added to that strange feeling that was burning stronger now.