- Text Size +
Chapter 11
I could feel her stiffen, could feel the anger start from within. I didn’t mean it; I knew I couldn’t leave her. But I had to do something.

“You want me out of your life?” I turned around and grabbed her upper arms.

“I want answers, damn it. This is not a relationship.” She raised her eyebrow and part of her mouth lifted up.

“You’re right. We’re seeing each other Alex; I don’t recall any mention of a relationship.”

“I broke up my group for you; I broke off my relationship for you!”

“No one asked you too. So don’t you lay that at my feet!”

“Why is so hard to tell me what the hell is going on Theresa?”

“Because you wouldn’t understand it! I can’t explain it Alex. It’s not that I don’t want to, I just can’t. It’s complicated. And the only time anything feels right, and not so complicated, is when I’m with you.” She closed her eyes and laid her hand on my cheek. “I told you, stick with me and I’ll make all your dreams come true. Some you didn’t even know about. But you have to trust me.”

“With out knowing anything?”

“With knowing that I care very deeply for you. And yes, I do love you too. And knowing that I won’t leave you or ditch you like your friends.”

“That’s not a lot to go on, you know?” She smiled and leaned up to kiss me. She slowly pulled away, her forehead resting against mine.

“There will be a time when I can explain it all. And I promise you’ll understand it. But, please, don’t worry. Don’t run off on me, scared out of your mind, because I wouldn’t do anything to harm you.” Well, could I say no? Not even. I never wanted to. I just really didn’t want to be confused anymore. But, my life was not my own and I knew that I would have to be confused for at least a little while longer.

-----
Two hours later, I awoke, her breath sending goose bumps up and down my arms. I glanced down at this woman lying on my chest, her hair draped over my arm. She was so utterly beautiful. I shook my head, gently lifting her off of me. I groaned softly, my back killing me. Well, not killing me. It felt like there were tons of needles jabbing into my back. I walked into my bathroom, closing the door behind me, not wanting to wake the sleeping beauty. I turned the light on, blinded for a moment by the bright light. Slowly, I opened my eyes to check the reflection in the mirror. Well, nothing out of the…I shifted, seeing the bruise forming on my neck. That little minx left another damn present. I smiled, than turned around, gasping at the sight. Shit, no wonder my back hurt! There were tons of scratches, even some spots that look like scabs had formed there. She was rougher than I recalled. I reached up, running my fingers over my tattoo, feeling once more those two dots. There was no way she was…I couldn’t even finish that thought. I mean, if you really looked at the whole picture, it would make some sense. She was such a gothic woman. She oozed sex appeal, even when she wasn’t trying. Her nails had to be sharp, to do that, and than all the bite marks. But, if she was, she wouldn’t be allowed in the sun. And yet, there she was, in my bed. Well, I guess that could be proof enough. Or, unless she flew right out of my room. Than I would probably die of shock. I flicked the light off, and made my way back to my bed, her body curling up next to mine.

“You left.” She placed a kiss on my chest, her arm wrapping around my stomach.

“I had to use the restroom.”

“In that case, I guess I can forgive you.”

“Did you want to do something this morning, or afternoon?”

“Shopping sounds wonderful. Than maybe a swim. Who knows? Right now, I say we sleep.” Well, if she was a vampire, you didn’t offer suggestions like that.