- Text Size +
Chapter 12
“You know, I don’t think I’ve seen you wear anything but a corset there.” She shrugged as she buttoned up my shirt half way, showing part of her cleavage.

“I love corsets. Something sexy about them.” I slipped my arm around her waist and smiled down at her.

“I do dig sexy.” She smiled, her hands sliding up my arms.

“I think we better head out before we spend the day in bed.”

“I don’t see any problems with that.” She quickly pressed her lips against mine as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I moaned, my body craving hers, something deep within me longing to be with her, to be hers. She finally pulled away, smiling at me.

“Come on sexy, the day has only started.” I glanced outside, frowning as I saw the dark clouds rolling in. That was strange. I was almost positive that I heard it was supposed to be sunny today. “What’s wrong?” She glanced outside too.

“Don’t remember them talking about rain.”

“Oh well. So, no tan. Don’t let a few clouds stop our day.” I quickly glanced at her, seeing her eyes flash before she glanced at me, and with that, a quick slam of thunder echoed through my apartment. “Come, before we get soaked!”

-----
“Has anyone called you dark and gothic?” She glanced over at me and raised an eyebrow.

“That, no. They have called me mysterious, and even strange.” I quickly looked at her. Yes, she was dark, and I would deem her slightly gothic and most certainly that type of mysterious sexy, but strange? No! Although, in all my years, I don’t recall ever meeting anyone like her. She glanced over at me and started to smile. “I like being called sexy.”

“I never said it out loud, you know.” She wrapped her arm around my waist and winked at me.

“It’s all the same in my book.” I chuckled at that as we left the store. After a few moments, I felt her stiffen and stare ahead.

“What’s wrong?”

“We have company.” I glanced in the direction she was staring and saw Tatiana and Steve turn the corner. Okay, that was freaky, she was seeing into the future? But, I didn’t get the chance to question her, for the couple stopped and stared themselves.

“Look here, if it isn’t the lovely couple. Don’t you think, Steve, it’s strange that AJ jumps from bed to bed.” I narrowed my eyes, so badly wanting to strangle Tatiana’s throat, but Theresa put her hand on my arm. I glanced down at her and she shook her head slightly.

“I’m not all too sure I would be saying anything, Tatiana, when you, yourself were sleeping around behind Alex’s back.” I gasped. I mean, who would have known that? No wonder why he seemed to know so much shit between me and her. “Now, let’s just forget about each other. You don’t need to remember Alex. Or, that will be until he gets famous.”

“And you’re going to do that? Alex really doesn’t have the talent.”

“Oh, that’s where you’re wrong. He has a lot of talent.” She stopped, glanced over at me and smirked. “And, he has a lot of sex appeal. Trust me; there will come a time when you wish you still knew him.” Tatiana snorted at that.

“Than you are just blind. He’s nothing special.”

“Watch your back, Tatiana.” With that, she was pulling on my arm to leave. “Let’s go love. Leave these two to do whatever they were doing.” To say I was shocked was certainly an understatement. She stopped, her eyebrows crinkled together and she slowly turned around. Her eyes flashed and Tatiana quickly stopped glaring.

“Don’t like her?” She smiled and shook her head.

“Never did.”

-----
“You risk everything on that stupid brat!” She tied up her corset, her eyes never glancing at him. He growled, showing just how frustrated he was. His hand swiped out, knocking over the table in her room. Her eyes glanced at the table laying on her floor than finally raised her eyes to his.

“Pick it up.”

“Not until you listen.”

“I’m not warning you again. Pick it up!”

“Damn it Theresa. You risk…” He was cut off as she wrapped her hand around his neck and lifted him off the floor.

“I will kill you. You know this. Why do you tempt me for?” His chocked response meant nothing to her. All of a sudden, the door to her room flew up, the other woman standing there.

“Theresa!”

“Aunt Lexy, how nice of you to join us.”

“Please, let him be.” She shrugged, and tossed him against the wall. Lexy ran over to him and helped him up. “Why are you so angry with him?”

“Don’t ask me the questions. I have to answer to no one!”

”Tatiana is upset with you and will try to harm you.” At that, Theresa laughed. Harm a vampire? One as powerful as her? Right! Donavon quickly glanced at her and shook his head. “You’re not unstoppable, you do know that right?”

“I know. But I’m not stupid either. I survived many husbands, Charles, being the worst.”

“These days aren’t like those.” She brushed her hair before she turned to look at him.

“I want her to die.”

”What?”

“Tatiana. I want her dead.”

“So kill her yourself.”

“I can’t! Not before the rise of the next moon. She is not someone I want to deal with! You know this! And she’s the problem for you, not for me. Remember, I control my surroundings, you do not!”

“Let me turn her!” She threw the brush and it hit the wall, just an inch left of his head.

“Dead! Drain her till there is not a drop left! Or, believe me when I tell you, that the next time I feed, it will be on your blood!”