- Text Size +
Chapter 13
She walked towards the club, feeling a chill run through her body, and Theresa’s words echoing in her mind. She wanted to be with someone who could spoil her, and for some unknown reason, she believed that Theresa could make AJ famous and do all she said. And because of that, she had to try and win him back. She never really loved him, she was just using him and she could certainly go on doing that. He didn’t know than and he wasn’t going to know now. She opened the door, shivering once more as another chill raced down her spine. She stood for a moment, letting her eyes adjust to the dimness. I followed Theresa’s gaze and just about died of laughter looking at Tatiana. Her eyes scanned the room, finally landing on me. She quickly made her way over and took the extra seat without being asked.

“Hey Alex.”

“It’s AJ.” She pouted at that.

“She gets to call you Alex. Shouldn’t the love of your life be able to as well?”

“You’re not the love of my life. What do you want?”

“I love you. I want a second chance. I think we could really be a great couple.”

“Not on your life.” I watched the play of emotions in her eyes and had to smile. Why I had never known her to be a deceitful, conniving woman was beyond my understanding. I glanced over at Theresa, who was leaning back, smirking at the scene in front of her.

“Is it because of that bitch? She ruined everything you’ve worked so hard for! She destroyed your dreams, dashed all your hopes and yet your still staying with her! Don’t you see how she has you blinded?”

“That’s uncalled for! Hello, you were sleeping around with my best friend behind my back! Did you think I would go back to you!”

“I’m the best you’ll ever gonna get! At least I do not have to act like a damn skank to get your attention!”

“I think you’re done here. I don’t want you to come into my club again. I found out you have, you will wish you were smart enough to heed my warnings. Now, I’m suggesting you leave.”

“You can’t kick me out!”

“My club, my rules. Means, I can do whatever I want. Out!” I watched as Tatiana huffed, glared at both Resa and I and than made her way outside. She walked out the door, and down the steps, finally sensing someone behind her. She turned, seeing the man.

“Can I help you?”

“It’s such a shame that she tossed you out. I would love getting to know someone so breathe taking as you.” Tatiana smiled. This man wasn’t no AJ, but he was sexy in his own way.

“You can.” He smiled as he wrapped an arm around her waist.

“I can’t help but wonder how those lips feel. I’m sorry.”

“Please, don’t be. Try them.” Donovan had to laugh to himself. Humans truly were such easy prey. Say a few pretty words and let some sex appeal hang in the air and you could do whatever you wanted. And personally, he felt this one girl would be a good vampire. But, he heard that evil voice in his mind and quickly stopped his thinking. Theresa had told him to kill her and he had better. He had to admit, he was a little scared of her, and he knew she would make good on her threat about him. His lips connected with Tatiana’s and she moaned, her arms wrapping around his neck. His lips trailed over her cheek and down her neck. She threw her head back, exposing her neck to his hungry lips. He smiled as his fangs grew and sank into that tender flesh, loving the quick gasp that escaped.

-----
AJ groaned, wanting to ignore that intense ringing at his bedside. Why the hell would someone call him up in the middle of the night anyway? AJ peeked his eyes open, quickly shutting them as the sun streamed through the window. Damn, that really hurt. He threw his arm over his eyes as his other hand reached for the phone. He hit the talk button and finally managed to croak out a hello.

“Damn, you sound dead to the world.”

“I think I am. Why are you waking me up?”

”AJ, it’s like three in the afternoon. Why are you still in bed?”

“Because it was a late night. What’s wrong?”

“I just got done talking with Steve.”

“Go on Ray.”

“He’s really upset. Tatiana didn’t come home last night.” AJ sat up in his bed, ignoring the pain that shot through his eyes.

“What happened?”

“She was found, in an alley, this morning. Her neck was sliced open.”

“What?”

“The police don’t understand it. It seemed like a random attack. But, Steve said that she had gone to that club, the one where you met Theresa.”

“Yeah, she was there. Said a few choice words and Theresa kicked her out. That was it. We had a couple drinks, and danced the night away.” AJ really tried to recall what happened, but to be honest, he couldn’t remember. He knew Theresa left for a few minutes, but where she had went, he didn’t recall. But, seriously, she didn’t have the heart to do this. But, that voice in the back of his mind spoke up again, saying what did he really know?

“That’s it man?”

“I promise. I couldn’t tell you what happened. Although, I am sorry for his loss.”

“Yeah, I’ll convey the message. I’ll talk to you later.” With that, he hung up, leaving AJ the only one on the line.

“Baby.” AJ glanced at the bathroom door, not even remembering that Theresa had come home with him. “Who was that?”

“Ray. He said they found Tatiana dead, her neck was sliced open.”

“Brutal way to die.”

“Last night, you left, where did you go?”

“You think I killed her?”

“No. I’m just curious.” She climbed into the bed, her hand cupping my cheek.

“I’m sorry she died. But, she stepped on some toes, pushed the wrong buttons. There is evil in this world that you don’t want to get mixed up in, and she did.”

“What do you mean? How would you know?”

“Because I know the evil that killed her.”

“How would you know that?” Her eyes turned a brighter purple, and I watched, transfixed by that simple deal.

“Because I’m the evil that ordered it done.”