- Text Size +
Chapter 3
“Sweetie, are you okay?” Her arms slide around my waist and her lips pressed against my neck, and usually, that would turn me on but now, it ticked me off. And I really couldn’t say why. “AJ, let’s go to bed.” I grabbed her arms and unwrapped them.

“I’m not in the mood.” She raised her eyebrow and I couldn’t understand how I used to find that sexy.

“You’re not in the mood? AJ, you’re always in the mood.”

“Well, I’m not.”

“I don’t buy that shit. Who is she?”

“What are you talking about?”

“What hoe are you screwing around with? You never turn me down.”

“Tatiana, I know you don’t like it when you don’t get your way, but that does not give you the right to start making up shit either!”

“Screw you! It has to be the truth. No man ever turns me down.”

“Well, guess what honey, this man is!”

“See if I come back.” She grabbed her purse and slammed the door as she left. On most occasions, I would have been hurt, but this time I was very grateful. I ran my hand over my face and sat down on the couch. I closed my eyes, but the only thing I could picture was amber eyes.

-----
“I heard Tatiana left.” I glanced up and shook my head. “You know Jennifer is good friends with her. Wanna explain what happened?”

“Not really Ray.”

“I’m gonna get the story, and you know that.” I sighed and glanced down at the song in front of me. The recording company wanted us to wrap this album up, yet most of us were debating if we wanted to be in a group or have solo acts. Let me rephrase, my two current best friends were debating, I was happy with the group.

“It’s not that I fell in love with some else. I just realized Tatiana was not the one for me. And she was pushy and it just really clicked.”

“She’s always been pushy.”

“I know. I guess I could stand it than.”

“So, what was this chick’s name?”

“Theresa. And we just talked.”

“AJ just talked with a girl?” I glared at Ray, yet all he did was grin. “You gotta admit that this isn’t like you.”

“I know. But I can’t explain it.”

“I think we all need to go back to that club.”

“I don’t know about you guys but I’m going.” Just that thought brought a smile to my face.

-----
I nursed my drink, watching, waiting, and hoping. Okay, was I falling for someone I didn’t know? No, but a strong attraction was there, that I wouldn’t deny. I sighed and put my drink down on the bar, not really understanding what the hell I was doing there. I mean, come on, just for a woman.

“Hello.” I melted at that simple word. Damn it all to hell. I turned around and smiled.

“Didn’t think you would show.”

“Why not?” I glanced down at my watch and made it point to emphasis the time. She chuckled and shook her head. “I’m way too much of a night owl. If the sun is up, I’m still asleep.”

“Oh, so at night is when you play?”

“Of course. It’s the best time after all.” I smiled at that, for those were my thoughts as well. “Wanna go on a tour?”

“A tour of what?”

“Of the castle you’re in. You did know that this club is part of a castle, right?”

“No.”

“Oh, you’ve only seen it at night. The castle blends with the darkness and unless you’re looking for it, you won’t really see it. So, want to take a tour?”

“Is this just a ploy to ravage me?” She raised her eyebrow and yeah, this time I found it very sexy.

“You are aware that is the second time you mentioned that, right? One more offer and I might just take that sexy body up on that.” I beamed. She thought I was sexy. I saw her smile and once more I wondered if she really could read thoughts. “So, that tour?” She held out her hand and I glanced around. “I promise, I won’t bite,” her smile got bigger and her eyes almost gleamed, “hard, that is.” I gulped. What was it about this woman that freakin’ turned me on? I placed my hand in hers and motioned for her to lead the way.