- Text Size +
Chapter 4
“And this would be who?” I turned around and cringed. Standing right there was a very pissed Tatiana. I could feel Theresa’s eyes on me, but I couldn’t turn to glance at her.

“You must be Tatiana. I’m Alex’s friend, Theresa.”

“I thought I knew all his friends,” she said, making it a point to look behind her and glance at Ray and Steve.

“Not all. I’m sorry. I just came back into town and wanted to see an old friend. I didn’t mean to take up all his time, but if it helps, he’s talked quite a bit about you.” Now, that caused me to turn. Not once had Tatiana’s name passed my lips and Theresa knew it. And why was she lying to Tatiana. I was glad that woman was out of my hair.

“He has.” She walked over and tried to slide her hand around my waist, but she couldn’t, for Theresa’s was already there. How the hell had that happened and I didn’t even know it. Tatiana pouted and glared at Theresa, but Theresa only smiled.

“And I’m sorry, but there’s still something’s I need to discuss with Alex before I can turn him over to you.” Tatiana raised an eyebrow but shrugged.

“He doesn’t like Alex.”

“I think he does. Ray, Steve, Tatiana, have a fun night at the club.” With that, I was being lead to the front door, not quite sure what happened or why she was lying. I placed my hand on her arm and turned her to face me.

“Okay, Miss Theresa, you better explain what just happened.”

“I have no idea what you’re referring to.”

“I never said Ray, Steve, or Tatiana, so how did you know they’re names?” She cringed a little but turned to walk down the steps. I quickly went after her and fell in step beside her.

“Okay, so maybe I fibbed.” I rolled my eyes and she smiled. “Okay, okay, I lied. I can read people’s minds. I try not to, since that’s invading their privacy, but in this case, you seem to really not want to deal with them, so I read your mind and lied.”

“Why not tell me?” She stopped walking and turned to me. I gazed into her eyes, losing myself in the hungry I saw written there.

“I tell men and they run away. I don’t know what it is about you Alex, but something draws me to you. I can’t explain it, but the last thing I want to do is scare you off.” My hand cupped her cheek and something inside me melted. My lips captured hers, my tongue catching the moan that escaped past her lips. Her hands slip around my waist and somehow her hand seemed to slide under my shirt, her nails raking down my back. I moaned and as she pulled away, she smirked.

“That’s a devil if I ever saw one.”

“This is something we can’t do in the middle of the night in an open field.” My eyes glanced around and I shrugged. She laughed and pressed her lips against mine once more. “Another night, I promise.”

“But why?” Her gaze turned to the moon and I noticed that it wasn’t a full moon anymore.

“Because it’s sexier, and more thrilling, when the moon is full and not just a half moon.”

“I never thought of it.”

“I do. Come, I better take you back to your friends so they don’t shoot me.” My arm stayed around her shoulders and she felt so right there.

“I don’t want to be with Tatiana.”

“So tell her. Why are you telling me?”

“Because I’m feeling something for you that goes beyond a friendship.” She placed her hand on my stomach and stopped me.

“Alex, you know nothing about me. How can you say something like that?” I grabbed her hand and placed it on my heart.

“Because in here, I can feel something.” She smiled and pressed her lips against mine.

“I’ll see you tomorrow night.” With that, she turned and left. I sighed, and walked back into the club.
Something told me that, that woman was going to change my life. She stopped walking and turned around, watching him as he entered the club. “Son of a bitch,” she muttered. She glanced up at the moon and shook her head. Her time was running short and she needed at least one to start the process. She smirked, ran her tongue over the lips and made her way back into the shadows.