- Text Size +
Chapter 6
I walked into the club, my eyes adjusting to the dim lighting, and yet, it was different. The music was the thumping, the people were dancing, and the drinks were flowing, but an essence that was never there filled the room up. I shook my head, my eyes searching her out and finding her talking with another man. A wave of jealousy surged through me, although, I couldn’t phantom why. At that, her eyes quickly found mine and a smirk over took that sensual mouth. Ah, shit, I forgot, mind reader on my hands. Her smile grew and she excused herself and made her way over.

“Hey there sexy.” Her arms slid around my waist and her lips pressed at the base of my throat, causing me to jump. Her tongue flicked the spot and I was turned on without a doubt. She chuckled and pulled away. “Something wrong?”

“No, not all.”

“Don’t forget you can’t lie to me, you know?” I smiled and pulled her over to a booth. “What’s wrong Alex?”

“I know you don’t know a lot about me, and I really don’t know a lot about you.”

“You’re right.”

“But I really do feel something for you.” Her hand cupped my cheek and I pressed my lips against her palm. “I’ve never felt like this. It’s all so new, so…almost over whelming. I’m trying to get into music, and Ray and Steve are the other members of my group. Once upon a time, that used to be important to me, but since I’ve met you, I’m willing to throw that all away just to be with you.”

“Alex, you don’t know a thing about me.”

“I know you’re different, special, sweet, and amazing. And I know that you’re a woman I want to hold on to forever.”

“Forever is a rather long time.”

“Yes it is. That’s why I want a woman like you by my side.” She glanced around, noticing some eyes turning in their direction.

“Well, if you want that, than I suggest you start knowing a little more about me, huh? I’ll even take you on the grand tour of my home.”

“Oh, this haunted castle?”

“It is. Come on, though, I’ll explain why.” She held out her hand and I placed mine within hers. I trusted her, but a voice somewhere deep inside told me not too. It whispered that I didn’t know her, didn’t know what she could do to me. But I haven’t listened to that voice, why in the world would I start now? She led us outside and around the castle. “It’s actually pretty old, dating back to the 1600’s.”

“And you live here?” She laughed as she opened the front door and we stepped in. It was dark, and I was expecting a large amount of light to flood the room, so I was surprised when I saw her lighting a torch.

“It’s odd, I know. When I got this castle, I couldn’t bear the thought of ruining this area with lights.”

“And just here?”

“Oh no, the entry way, the hall way, and the living room have no lights. Everything else is modern though. In fact, the dinning room has a wonderful chandelier over it. It’s sorta hard to cook and eat with no lights.” I stepped further in, feeling something odd settle in the pit of my stomach.

“The living room has no TV?”

“It has nothing other than lots of books and a fireplace.”

“How did you come by this castle?”

“Charles Hawthorne is a great ancestor of mine. Well, perhaps not great. They say it’s his wife that roams these halls.”

“Wife?”

“Yes. He killed her, because he thought she was cheating on him. So, after she gave birth to her daughter, he had her thrown over board on one of his ships. After only a couple of months though, the story says that he committed suicide because she wouldn’t leave him alone. But, you know how stories go. There’s a picture of her up, actually. Wanna see it?” I glanced at her, intrigued all the more by the fire burning in the depths of her eyes.

“Yeah.”

“You’re not scared are you?”

“Not yet.” She laughed and grabbed my hand, leading me down the hall way and into the living room. She pointed to a picture above the fireplace. “Kristina Hawthorne. She was pretty huh?”

“You have her eyes.”