- Text Size +
Chapter 9
“Do you know anything about him?”

“I’m only using him to get what I need, thank you.”

“These are people you need to trust with your life!” She slowly turned around and glanced at the man standing before her. She was old, dating back 500 hundred years, and he, he was just a few years older than her.

“I neither want your advice nor do I need it.”

“You will do as I say! You belong to me, to this coven.”

“Be careful Donovan. You might be older, but I am by far more powerful. And, as it were, I belong to no one or nothing.” He stood right before her, his brown eyes holding his anger, itching to lash at her. “I let you stay in my home, using it as you see fit. I even let your followers stay here. Believe me, you have nothing on me.” With that, her amber eyes flashed and quickly, he was flung across the room, hitting the wall with a crashing thud. “Let me make myself clear for the last and final time. You are nothing to me! You are not my ruler, nor my protector. You are not my savior, nor my creator! In this world, there is not another like me, which makes me have the power that I do! If my power was to leave this house, you and all your sorry followers would perish. Remember that!” She turned to go but stopped at the door and quickly glanced behind her, watching the man slowly rise to his feet. “I know how precious Frank is to you. I would hate to see anything happen to him because he didn’t stay out of my way.” With that, she swung the door opened and left.

“Why do you anger her?” Donovan sighed.

“She is a child, trying to make her life her own.”

“Donovan, she is only five years younger than you. We were created as vampires, she was born as one. You have naught the ability nor the mind set to stop what she is doing. We need this home, and her protection, to survive.” Donovan glanced at the woman who appeared at his side and smiled.

“You are right, my love. It just irks me.” The woman laughed and linked her arm through his.

“I know. But if Charles couldn’t stop her, than you won’t be able to.”

“Charles was weak, he loved her too much.”

“Please, Donovan, do not push her. I couldn’t bear to see what she did to him happen to you. She is family, but her faithfulness only goes so far.”

“Your right, Lexy, your right.”

-----
“And to drink for you madame?”

“I’ll have a glass of red wine.” She folded her menu and set it aside. I could feel her eyes, but I just couldn’t look at her. “Alex?”

“Hmm,” I muttered, pretending to be engrossed in what I was looking at.

“Alex.”

“What?” I couldn’t fight it anymore and I finally glanced at her. When I had walked to the front door this evening to pick her up, she was already there, her raven hair floating around her shoulders, her eyes shinning brightly, her only make up was a tint of eye liner and some lip gloss. Her attire was just as sexy. Tonight, she choose a full length skirt, with a slit clear up her thigh and yet another corset top, this one in a deep purple color that only brought out her eyes. Yup, the moment my eyes landed on her then, the blood went straight down there! And any glance at her only made it worse. I had truly wished that I was able to explain this sexual attraction. Hell, I was older, had my fair share of women, so why was this one so different?

“What’s wrong?”

“No mind reading tricks?” She leaned back in her seat and folded her arms under her chest, pushing those breasts up more. Her eyes turned darker and that warning that I kept hearing, flashed threw my mind again. I ran my hand over my face and sighed, putting my hand out for hers. “It’s not you, Theresa. Actually, I’m just frustrated at many things.” She smiled and my breath caught. She placed her hand in mine and leaned in for a kiss.

“I’m trying not to read your mind tonight. Although, I really want to.” I laughed and pulled her hand up to my lips.

“No you don’t.” Her laugh rolled over me, causing me to get even harder.

“Tell me what has those amazing eyes so troubled.”

“I told you about the music group. They wanna take a break and we haven’t even started.”

“Is that all?” I quickly glanced at her. “Alex, believe me, if you stick with me, I promise to make all your dreams come true.”

“Oh, does that mean your finally going to ravage my body?” Her eyebrow shot up in a silent question.

“Interesting, that has been numerous times you know.”

“If last night was any show of what you can do, girl, sign me up.” Her eyes shot outside, glancing at something.

“Another time, I promise.”

“May I ask when?”

“The rise of the next full moon. I told you, outside, under the stars, it’s magical, in a way you never thought possible.”