- Text Size +
“How do you know?” AJ asked.

“He told me last night,” Claire replied.

“And you actually believe him?” AJ asked.

“Yes I do,” Claire said.

“He’s lying,” AJ stated.

“No he’s not AJ. You may claim that you know how Brian feels and you think that he’s lying about loving me but he’s not. I can see it in his eyes. I don’t know why you can’t be happy for us. You’ve went on about how Brian doesn’t care how I feel about things but it’s you that doesn’t. You can’t see that Brian makes me happy,” Claire said.

“You’re just flattered that a guy is paying attention to you,” AJ said.

“No I’m not. I love Brian. He’s a great guy. You should know. He’s one of your best friends. The same person that you thought was such a great guy before all this happened. I’m not going to stop seeing him because of you,” Claire said starting to go upstairs.

“Fine. Don’t bring him back to this house. You can tell him from me that me and him are no longer friends. I hate him for what he’s done,” AJ said with hate.

“Tell me what he’s done that’s so wrong?”

“He’s taken you away and he’s pretending that he loves you. Isn’t that enough?” AJ asked.

“He’s not taken me away. You’ve pushed me away. He’s not pretending he loves me, he really does,” Claire said.

“No he doesn’t,” AJ screamed.

“I’m not listening to this anymore,” Claire said and went upstairs. AJ followed her upstairs and walked into her room. “Leave me alone.”

“Why are you so convinced that he loves you?” AJ asked.

“I’ve already told you. I don’t want to talk about this anymore,” Claire said sitting on her bed.

“Ok,” AJ said and walked out the door and closed it behind him. Claire couldn’t understand why he was acting the way that he was. She was getting sick of it. Nothing that she said or did was going to change his mind about her and Brian being together. She didn’t want to talk to AJ because all he wanted to bring up was how Brian didn’t love her and she knew that wasn’t true. She sat on her bed thinking until her phone rang and snapped her out of her thoughts.

“Hello?”

“Hey baby, how did things go?” Brian asked.

“I’m so glad to hear your voice,” Claire said. The tears started to come to her eyes and she could feel her voice start to crack.

“Aww baby, what’s the matter?” he asked.

“I don’t know how much more of AJ I can take. As soon as I came in, he started. I’m sitting in my room and don’t want to leave it. I don’t want another fight with him,” Claire said starting to cry.

“Baby don’t cry. Do you want to come round here?” he asked her.

“You’ve got Elly to look after,” she cried.

“I can look after you both. I hate to know that you are upset. Elly and I will come round for you,” Brian said.

“No AJ will start on you and that’s the last thing that Elly needs to see,” Claire said trying to calm down.

“I’ll drive round. You can come out to the car. I’m not going to take no for an answer,” he said.

“Ok,” Claire said softly.

“Why don’t you pack a few things and stay here for a few days? It will give you a break away from AJ until he calms down,” Brian said.

“Are you sure?”

“Course I am. Anything to make you happy,” Brian said and she could tell that he was smiling.

“Ok. I’ll just pack a few things then and I’ll be ready,” Claire said.

“I’ll get Elly ready and come over for you,” Brian said.

“Ok baby. See you real soon,” Claire said. They hung up the phone and Claire went over to her closet. She grabbed a bag and put everything she was going to need for a few days into it. She went into the bathroom and grabbed what she needed. She grabbed a few DVDs and other things she thought she might need and started downstairs hoping to avoid AJ but had no luck.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I’m going to stay with Brian for a few days. I can’t stay here with us being like this,” Claire said.

“Why are you choosing him over me?” he asked.

“I’m not choosing either. I love Brian and I hate being here with you right now. I’m sick of fighting with you all the time over it. I think we need time away from each until you and deal with me and Brian being together. You can yell at me all you want and tell me to end it with Brian but I’m not going to. I love him with everything in me and I’m not ending it with him,” Claire said calmly and carried on walking out the door. Just as she was closing the front door Brian pulled up. She got into the car and let out the breath she was holding.

“Hey baby, are you ok?” he asked.

“Yeah I am,” Claire smiled.

“Do you mind if we just hang out at mine today? Elly isn’t feeling very well.”

“That’s fine with me,” Claire smiled.