- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Aaaaand we've caught up!! WOOOHOOOO! Sorry it took so long, but from now on you'll have all new chapters. So please please review and let us know what you think, and thanks to the readers who stuck with us - YOU ROCK!

 

 

Chapter 30

“HE WHAT?” Nick almost yelled into the phone after Riley had told him what Jed had done later the same day. He felt himself fuming and made a promise to himself that he would deal with Jed when he got home. One more week and he could go home and deal with everything.
“He was trying to scare me I think. Aaron won’t let me go back to the apartment to get the rest of my things either incase he is there.”
Nick heard the whining tone to Riley’s voice and had to smile.
“Too damn right you aren’t baby. I’m gonna deal with him when I get back. If he as much as gets close to you he’s gonna regret it for the rest of his life.” His teeth were gritted together as he spoke but he couldn’t help it. He hated being so far away from her when things were like that
.
“Nick… he can’t hurt me. He never laid a hand on me. There’s no way he has the guts to do anything like that. Not to me. He only ever mentally abused me through our hundred fights. I’ll be fine.” She promised, but Nick didn’t buy it. Jed was out for revenge. Obviously jealous because Riley had moved on and Nick was not having it.
“Jed Daniels right?” he asked and Riley gasped.
“Nick don’t do anything. It won’t work.” she begged.
“Don’t underestimate me baby. If he goes near you again he will for sure regret it. I’ll make sure he never forgets it.”

He heard Riley sigh and knew she was giving in. "Baby I'm only doing this because i love you, you know that right?"
"Yea, and I love you too, but Jed...he gets off on fights and stuff. You fighting back will only make him come back even more. Please just...dont do anything stupid. I mean it. Just leave it alone, i can sort him out if he comes back. I got rid of him earlier didnt i?" he heard her sigh and knew she just wanted him to let go of the subject. The guy irked him, and he wasnt going to let him get away with harrassing his girlfriend.

***

Riley woke up early the next morning and headed down to the kitchen once she had showered and gotten ready for work. She headed into the kitchen and froze when she saw Brooke and Aaron all over each other.
"Um...BROOKE!"
Brooke shot back off Aaron's lap and turned to Riley. "Geeze Riles...scare the shit out of me don’t ya!!"

Riley stalked over to her and grabbed her hand, pulling her away from Aaron. "Excuse us Aaron!" She walked Brooke into the living room before shutting the door behind her. "What do you think you’re doing? And please....pull your top up B, im seeing much more than i should be!"

Brooke straightened her top out before shrugging. "He's hot. I couldn’t deny it anymore, and well...he's a flirt and a good kisser and Scott, well...he’s just not around anymore."
Riley shook her head. "Well Nick's not around here for me at the moment but you don’t find me going off with other guys. Brooke if we have to live here I'm not having you fuck this up for me. I love Nick, and that’s his brother in there. You mess him up that messes Nick up, and with you being my best friend I don’t want it all to be ruined!"

Brooke rolled her eyes at Riley but straightened her clothes out looking slightly embarrassed. “Fine, but then I’m telling Aaron that you don’t want me dating him.”
Riley glared at Brooke. “No you are not. You are telling the poor guy that YOU have a boyfriend. Nick was nice enough to let us both stay here after everything and this is how you thank him by potentionally hurting his little brother? I will kick you out of here myself if you don’t behave. These people have done a lot for us the past week. Don’t forget that. Be grateful for once will you? And tidy up in there. It’s not our place to mess up.” Riley fumed but had to smile realizing she was sounding like her mother.

"Ugh your so annoying." Brooke groaned out before storming out the room and up the stairs. Riley chuckled before walking into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

***

Nick walked around the arena bored out of his mind. They had no soundcheck at this arena, and apart from testing the mics out they had nothing to do until the show later on. He wanted to call Riley but he knew she would be right in the middle of a mad shift at the cafe.
He pulled his phone out and decided to call Aaron and check in at home.

"H..hello?"
Aaron answered after a few rings, sounding breathless.
"Yo air boy. What's up?" Nick heard banging around before a female voice could be heard in the background before Aaron spoke again.
"Uh, nothing. What's up with you?"
Nick frowned, thinking Aaron sounded different and sat down in the middle of the hallway, his back against the wall. "Just bored. Riles is at work and the guys are off doing their own thing. Who's with you?"
"Um, Brooke. She's leaving now though. Got work."

Nick chuckled. "Oh yea. Brooke huh? You know she has a boyfriend right?"
"Yea i know. We havent even done anything, just made out. Riley caught us this morning. She went ape shit, was quite funny actually. You have a fiesty one there. Actually it wasnt funny, it was hot."

Nick shook his head, knowing Aaron was teasing him. "Fuck off Aaron. Just if Riley has said for her to stop, then dont carry it on, which means if Riles went ape shit then she wasnt happy and doesnt want it to carry on. By the way, has she mentioned Jed at all?"
Nick held his breath worried about the answer.
“No, not that I know of. Why?” Aaron sounded confused.
“Nothing, but if you hear about him being around again scare the shit out of him ok? You know what I mean?” Nick said in a low voice.
“Yeah, I got ya.” Aaron chuckled his voice sounding about as evil as Nick’s thoughts.
“Good…good. Will show the bastard what he’s messing with.” Nick’s voice was almost a whisper as someone walked past him down the hallway.

“Is everything else ok back home though? I don’t really know this Brooke girl so I'm trusting her based on her being Riley’s best friend. Is she aight? And Riley… does she seem ok? I mean…ya know what I mean.” Nick smiled hoping Riley had settled in and was sleeping in his bed every night like he had imagined. For some reason he hadn’t asked her about it, but he hoped that she would keep living with him when he got back. Only one more week… He sighed hoping time would fly by faster.
"Brooke seems cool. Her and Riley are complete opposites though. Riley actually talks to me, whereas Brooke...she just mentally undressed me. Made me feel hot so i thought what the hell. And Riley seems ok. She asks about you every now and then, but most of the time she's in your room. Think she misses ya bro, god knows why!" Aaron chuckled, making Nick laugh.

"Ok, but seriously, can we trust Brooke?" Nick asked seriously.
"Dude i dont know, but ill keep my eye on her."
Nick sighed. "Make sure you do bro. I know we can trust Riley, hell i trust her with my life, but Brooke...we dont know her. Talk to Riley and see what she says."
"You talk to her. She's your girlfriend."

Nick smiled to himself. 'Yep, she sure is!" he though before finishing his conversation up with Aaron as Howie and Leigh walked down the hallway.